truck hops when i let the clutch out

u have air bags??? if so that would contribute as well as the blocks and bar design

X2. Let all of the air out of the bags, see how it rides then. I had them on one of my other trucks and it bounced like crazy, even with trac bars as well.

i run the bags with no valve stem in them. u-joints are good, just had my whole driveline rebuilt because this shaking problem bent the shaft and bent my carrier bearing over. it never did this till i got my clutch, could it be the clutch? and i no the bars arnt the best design, but wanted small ones so they didnt stand out. figured these would be better then nothing? there almost like caltracs other then being non adjustable.

i doubt it's the clutch i have no issues with my 3600, but take it out and do a good third gear launch and try to seat it in. Maybe it's still alittle grabby but i'm leaning more towards your suspension setup. btw i have no lift or airbags in my truck

yea me to just looking at all options here, and ive tried some third gear launches, didnt help so i think its suspension i guess?

i have the same clutch and mine does the same.... not bad empty but when pullin stock trailer with cows its FREAKIN HORRIBLE.. i have air bags and drove with and without air. i have heard from someone that the SB clutch does that. nothin can do about it?? is that true? if so im pissed.

i have the same clutch and mine does the same.... not bad empty but when pullin stock trailer with cows its FREAKIN HORRIBLE.. i have air bags and drove with and without air. i have heard from someone that the SB clutch does that. nothin can do about it?? is that true? if so im pissed.

i have a 3600 in our 04 and we haul a cattle trailer daily with it and have never had any problems with this. sometimes it will be jumpy when trying to backup slowly but never other then that.

in my 97 it had traction bars that would adjust but not stay 100% tight so if i tightened them up they would be good when towing a trailer at first but after a few miles they would loosen up and it would cause the whole truck to buck when the traction bars where in a neutral adjusted position.

Is your clutch sprung hub? Mine is and when backing up slowly it is very jumpy unless down in low range.

mine does it really bad in reverse ill try and get a video. and yes its a 3600 sprung hub, 12 button, ceramic clutch

mines bad when empty and REALLY bad with a trailer or some kinda load. and i agree i spent alot of money on this thing, sure hope thats not my problem.

You have the same clutch exactly as me. Mine does not do it in forward gears, just reverse when trying to go slow. My theory is the sprung hub on mine at least. If you figure it out please let us know.

im gonna pull it and throw my stock clutch back in and see if that changes anything.

mine doesnt do it very much at all in forward gears (only time was when i was moving hay and it was probably 18+K..) other than that only happens when in reverse moving slowly.

Back