Truck rules meeting - september 29

Im pretty sure they decided to let the ps trucks have big rears only, still have to have oem tcase and trans!

Aswell as let 3.0 odl trucks in!

Hand throttles were argued for, but I believe Gene was pretty firm on "no" for 2.6.

Always been legal in pro stock for as long as I can remember.

Works fine but it's slower if you want to get out of the throttle. We tried to push safety but noooo.... Gene had to have it his way.

So what has been posted as far as rule changes in this thread is what went down? Is this set in stone?

Unless some issue comes up, yeah, those are the only amendments to the existing 2011 NADM rule set for 2.6.

The meeting was last night, for heavens sake, do you think FPP moves at the speed of light or something?

thanks to everyone for attending the meeting on Thursday night. it was great to see so many pullers who really had an interest in trying to make our sport better rather than trying to 'help themselves'. now these changes must be put in written form and must go to the USA-EAST Tech Committee for final review. and then IF there are any changes that might affect safety (i.e. no registration for open 2.6 trucks), this must go to the underwriters for their review.

once all of that is done (15-20 days) the rules will be added to the new rule book and the rule book will be published.

that said --- i do not anticipate any additional modifications to the rules and no more changes from the Thursday night meeting.

see everyone at banquet on October 15th. Did you get your tickets???

So I've been thinking we never set or accomplished anything in the RWYB class what are the plans? Do we need another meeting with only the RWYB trucks that want to make the class better?

Back