Truckers, lets see your rigs!

These things must be junk.

Attachments

• 815FDDD1-E71E-48F1-8774-DB7FA6377161.jpg
    815FDDD1-E71E-48F1-8774-DB7FA6377161.jpg
    538.1 KB · Views: 1
Are those counter weight clutches comp only?
Do they still pull a trailer on the street, just curious.

Second time I've ever seen the "Australian" pilot hub.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

The one Faulkner pictured could, it works as a normal pedal clutch, mine it strictly rpm engagement.

I was going to use one until I found someone that made a normal pull type that would hold power. Downfall is you lose the clutch brake and bellhousing needs modified to fit. Think you could maybe put the Ultrashift inertia brake on one with a micro switch on the pedal to work as a clutch brake.

That clutch looks like it could cost more than the whole truck!

Had about $5k in this one.
d8fad72d17dc417e660ade2bafa17c33.jpg

8056c2738c99344dcc1db0255c4e5765.jpg

Almost looks like a clutch I got off an older guy that used to have a pulling tractor.

I think it’s a crowerglide? You could put different weights to adjust engagement rpm.

What torque will that one hold?

Mine is a glide style and engages specifically off rpm, the one pictured is a pedal assist, it has clamp springs like a traditional clutch that offer around 2200lbs of plate load without the clamping from the weights.

I don’t think there is a true torque rating for these.

Second time I've ever seen the "Australian" pilot hub.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk
You talking about the “spline saver”? Seems like added parts to me in order to supposedly protect a $200 Eaton input shaft.

I don’t think there is a true torque rating for these.

You talking about those amazing european truck engines? That level of torque can’t be measured.

Sooooo I’ve convinced the old man that we should get an ltl 9000 done up for up. Since he’s missed his since he sold it.

We have some parts trucks and he’s trying to decide on an engine.

One has cat 7FB53158 esn.

Have been told that it’s a pre combustion head? Can anyone fill me in? Is this block and pump capable of getting some good power? Say 550-600 to the ground. Without an air charge cooler?

I haven’t read much as we just found the esn. Have read it most likely has a square port head.

Again you are a total dumb phuk.
f4a1f56f88eacdcbed95c32ba0751c32.jpg

568d1d81d2302026beb7f6d41e9a6775.jpg

3 sintered disks, 4800 or 6k plate (your choice). Don’t need big plate load if you add more disks dumbazz. I’m sure you think you know better but Crower proves you wrong.

Can do a 2 disk 9800# modified Rockwell style diaphragm plate too.
6423c461858dbb1f127af14cda640ab2.jpg

2ff90712cd04d2b4f0325f514aeec300.jpg

Why do you need one? Thought you Europeans had some bad azz automatics?

Plate load is actually stock heavy haul rating. With stock organic disc they hold over 4400 lbft. I just needed something that can take slipping.

And these are 430mm clutches , 15" is largest iron disc anyone has ever made.

Those KY clutches seems to explode quite easily , at least at Onaway.

Automatics, they are for americans. ? Or automated ? They use similar clutches.

Only gotta hold that massive Volvo powah!

If you ever step up to some good American HP Leiffi you can try a real clutch.
9cfeb6d16308e33b2cdd37ae0a0a681f.jpg
Those are made in Finland , just better , every puller in Europe uses them. Except truck pullers have started to use nornal diaphragm cover with 4x 400mm discs , no need to mess all the time with those centrifugal weights , or adjust something.

Sooooo I’ve convinced the old man that we should get an ltl 9000 done up for up. Since he’s missed his since he sold it.

Have been told that it’s a pre combustion head? Can anyone fill me in? Is this block and pump capable of getting some good power? Say 550-600 to the ground. Without an air charge cooler?

I haven’t read much as we just found the esn. Have read it most likely has a square port head.

I would say negative. Ran into this problem with a friend. Had head and block powder coated white for a HP project and never even thought to look at the head. I would have to dig but there were adapters from Cat to change it over but they didn’t recommend them for the higher HP motors. Didn’t want to risk it just for it to fail. That was 3yrs ago, he was going to find some antique truck sucker to pawn them off on.
11746034508c8ea878de2ff325fbe411.jpg

This is the reply I got about the PC to DI adapters.

“I found 3408 adapters that would work but the head themselves was a different material and i think it read like that was a bandaid fix if needed but not recommended”

7fb should be DI. Ive never seen a pc B in a truck.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This is the reply I got about the PC to DI adapters.

“I found 3408 adapters that would work but the head themselves was a different material and i think it read like that was a bandaid fix if needed but not recommended”

So adapter and a di head?

7fb should be DI. Ive never seen a pc B in a truck.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That’s what I am wanting to know. Unless we need to tear it open to find that out. I was hoping the serial number would be tell. It’s an 86 I believe.

I would say negative. Ran into this problem with a friend. Had head and block powder coated white for a HP project and never even thought to look at the head. I would have to dig but there were adapters from Cat to change it over but they didn’t recommend them for the higher HP motors. Didn’t want to risk it just for it to fail. That was 3yrs ago, he was going to find some antique truck sucker to pawn them off on.
11746034508c8ea878de2ff325fbe411.jpg

This is based on it being a pc block? But a di block would be alright for some power?

Back