Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I had to lol at Greg A (alba-umbrella) for taking his Pete to TN to get an 18spd installed. There are only about 10 vendors here in Bowling Green with 20 vendor options on transmission.

I suppose that isn't really the point of what he did though....

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Where do you get your transmissions, or do you build your own from parts?

Eaton reman or Eaton new. Won’t touch a Weller for any price. The last two I got one had a bent main shaft and another was stuck between gears.

Thoughts on alliance or mascot, trc?
What kind of price are you getting on the eatons?

Thoughts on alliance or mascot, trc?
What kind of price are you getting on the eatons?

Really don’t trust any of them, believe they all just replace what’s obviously bad. I only buy Eaton because I’ve actually had one warrantied through them. Everyone else plays the dart board of excuses to deny them. “Shock load” is the usual go-to.

Powertrain 18918B was like $3700, Eaton was $4700ish, 20918B was $5000 from Eaton and new 20918B is just over $9k no core.

$300 more for a coating or treatment on the front 3 gears in the main box to make it a 20 series. ONLY difference between the 18,20,22 is the 18 series have no treatment, 20 series has the front 3 done and 22 series has all of them done (and a 14 spline Input thats pointless that makes finding a clutch harder. Seen plenty of broken input shafts, never seen one with the splines stripped off.) They all have the same gears, same shafts, same bearings same case.

Quote from Eaton rep “Eaton makes a lot of different tags but we don’t make a lot of different transmissions”. They will make minor changes like a bearing design or shift clutch but it has zero to do with torque rating.

So for anyone reading this that has a dealer tell them they can’t turn their truck up because they only have an 1800ft lb driveline they are straight blowing smoke up your ass, it’s the same shit, different tag.

Last edited:
Maybe one day I will get the parts for the exhaust then I can get this bed off.
001(20).HEIC

Any of you guys that log interstate miles have sections of highway you just absolutely hate driving? Just ran up I71 in KY which I pretty much despise. 40 across Oklahoma and Texas was pretty useless, and most of 74 between Indy and Peoria.

Any of you guys that log interstate miles have sections of highway you just absolutely hate driving? Just ran up I71 in KY which I pretty much despise. 40 across Oklahoma and Texas was pretty useless, and most of 74 between Indy and Peoria.

All of I5

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

What no love for Danville, IL? :lolly:

I70 in KS Salina to Denver. Pure monotonous HELL for me. I80 in Iowa is almost as bad but mainly it is the traffic with that.

Last edited:
Michigan. Made a trip up to Alma today from Central Ohio. Those roads suck so bad, it made the trip feel like we drove my second gen instead of the wife's '19 Buick Enclave!

Dang, Pipes....you didn't wave as you drove by Lansing.

If you want a real fun stretch of POS Michigan freeway, the 4 miles both directions of I69 between I96 and Airport Rd are a joy....

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Dang, Pipes....you didn't wave as you drove by Lansing.

If you want a real fun stretch of POS Michigan freeway, the 4 miles both directions of I69 between I96 and Airport Rd are a joy....

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
I was probably on it! Came across 96 to 69 south on the way home, stopped in northeast Indiana to buy some used tires for one of my Farmall M's. Seemed like a big portion of 69 was ripped apart to get fixed.
We have to go back Saturday to pick the wife's machine up in Alma. Hopefully it's not as bad without the trailer I was dragging this time to put those tires on.

Yep, you were on that bucking bronco of a freeway. Drove right by my house. We're a couple miles from the Loves/Flying J.

My condolences if you were towing a trailer..... it is better if you stay in left lanes, but not by much.

Last edited:
Back