Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Yessir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better 3 bag it or choose smaller women.
2f567acb5a47e6b8c1361ec0a051022d.jpg

Think I’ll just stick to the smaller womenz.

Is it done like a unibilt?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

No. Just the cab on a cabmate setup. Still small hole and the bunk is still solid. Which is how it’ll stay.

Never thought to ask here.

Anyone know a company still doing Crew cab conversions on big trucks? Have a 377 Pete we bought brand new back in 95, and we'd like to get it converted to crew cab so we can haul more people going to antique shows. Called a couple places and they have stopped doing them.

Chris

Never thought to ask here.

Anyone know a company still doing Crew cab conversions on big trucks? Have a 377 Pete we bought brand new back in 95, and we'd like to get it converted to crew cab so we can haul more people going to antique shows. Called a couple places and they have stopped doing them.

Chris

Bolt custom trucks in Ft.Wayne doesn’t still do them?

If not I can hook you up with this sweet ride.
7dcf5d3903174b8cab97dc2792e45470.jpg

f9728ed4056b39fd8bca38647670c328.jpg

Don't remember if I talked to Bolt or not. I'll call them.

That is a classy chassis! That wouldn't be all bad LOL

Chris

Most do, saves a ton of BS. No scales, no DOT, no CDL no FET on new.

That's why I was wondering.

On edit, I was also secretly thinking it might be a fun project too. ?? Not a secret now of course.

Last edited:
No. Just the cab on a cabmate setup. Still small hole and the bunk is still solid. Which is how it’ll stay.

That's how I was going to do mine if I ever do. Does it kill sleeper boots?

That's how I was going to do mine if I ever do. Does it kill sleeper boots?

It’s got a late model accordion boot in it. Shouldn’t hurt it at all. Now if you left the original I’m betting it wouldn’t last long.

It’s got a late model accordion boot in it. Shouldn’t hurt it at all. Now if you left the original I’m betting it wouldn’t last long.

A friend of mine has a 95 freightliner with cab only air ride, its been in the family since New and it's only ate one. However, I also know a guy with a mid 90's kw thats setup the same way and he says they have to replace it every year so I dunno. Either way it's easier than having to build a whole subframe to keep the roof from collapsing and putting the bags on the back.

A friend of mine has a 95 freightliner with cab only air ride, its been in the family since New and it's only ate one. However, I also know a guy with a mid 90's kw thats setup the same way and he says they have to replace it every year so I dunno. Either way it's easier than having to build a whole subframe to keep the roof from collapsing and putting the bags on the back.

Yea it’s hard to say really.

Have you noticed any weirdness with the clutch or fuel pedal when the cab moves?

Negative. They really don’t move near as much as what a person thinks. Especially when they compare them to a unibilt setup.

Ok, thanks. It's something I've been wanting to do, but not super high priority.

Working on a 1998 IH 4700 with a DT466E, 5 speed manual trans and approx 150k miles. This truck is owned by a good friend of mine. He said he is having trouble with it popping out of second gear. He described that it happens very often. I know basically nothing about transmissions. I was curious if this is a common issue? Or any insight into what might be the problem? Is it better to try to fix it or time for a new trans?

Trans is a Spicer ES53-5A.

Slide clutch is worn out. You can tear it apart and fix it or just swap, they aren’t that expensive.

Back