Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I want to give him all options, what’s the alternative?

It’s an SAE bellhousing so the sky is the limit. 7-8-9-10-13-15-18spd assuming it has air. You can get 10spd’s cheap, along with the older 14-16 series 13’s because they can’t be built into anything heavier or better. I know like a standard “metric” 10spd that is in almost every fleet truck that’s not a homo-Autoshift has almost zero auction value and most junk yards will sell them for what they bring for scrap.

I’m just not a fan of those synchronized medium duty transmissions. Always shift like ass.

Just felt like having a little fun… that’s all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just assumed you got that mechanical engine virus you like the ancient transmissions that come with it.

So how tall is the shifter in that truck you got and what color is the bandana?

Just assumed you got that mechanical engine virus you like the ancient transmissions that come with it.

So how tall is the shifter in that truck you got and what color is the bandana?

45” extension and a blue bandana for my people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice roll of tape drink holder. Great idea actually. Always a problem in older trucks, no where for a drink to sit.
Clean cab.

The real perk is that for unknown scientific reasons, Don Williams just sounds so much better in this thing.

That is bitchin man. I like it.

Thanks man!
I’m getting it cleaning up and straightening things up each week little by little.
It’s not as easy as some think to run an 87 model truck 2500-4000 miles a week and work on it at the same time lmao
We’re plucking away at it though.

It’s an SAE bellhousing so the sky is the limit. 7-8-9-10-13-15-18spd assuming it has air. You can get 10spd’s cheap, along with the older 14-16 series 13’s because they can’t be built into anything heavier or better. I know like a standard “metric” 10spd that is in almost every fleet truck that’s not a homo-Autoshift has almost zero auction value and most junk yards will sell them for what they bring for scrap.

I’m just not a fan of those synchronized medium duty transmissions. Always shift like ass.

I’d say he will want to stay with status quo but I’ll throw it out there. Also thanks for the help!

Just be sure to put a 36in shifter extension on it after reassembly.

I was thinking something like a piece of painted rebar or something. You know classy looking.

Thanks man!
I’m getting it cleaning up and straightening things up each week little by little.
It’s not as easy as some think to run an 87 model truck 2500-4000 miles a week and work on it at the same time lmao
We’re plucking away at it though.

Yea you better know how to work on it and carry parts because most big shops don’t have anyone that can fix it. Anything I got that’s not common I try and carry with me.

Back