Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Same truck with a Cat and it's off in 1hr. What's your shop labor rate? Don't get me wrong, they all do idiotic crap but DOHC is pretty stupid.

Think we are around 122 or 125 ish. The new 2250 and 2350 are much easier to set up and most oems are starting to design cooling packages that remove upper cac's to allow removal of cam without entire cooling package

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bingo! Anything DDEC 3-5 is fine, don't buy a DDEC6 on a bet. Rear gear train, perfect for a COE not for anthing with a hood. Air compressor is above the starter which on just about any truck currently available with a Detroit requires a search party to find. Cam's are hollow tubes with lobes pressed on, real POS.

Notice air compressor location, but cams come out from the top.

null_zps0edb13c4.jpg

Last edited:
Ddec 1-2 have chit electronics from what I'm learning. Been told to stay away from them.

Now let's play value this truck... 1994 KW 900l

1.2-1.3 on the truck,
~500k on overhaul
Had rear ends
Underhood harness
Injectors
Injector harness
Good brakes Snd tires
Good interior
Detroit ddec3
15 over
355's
Low pro 22's

And here's a pic to go with. I'm honestly thinking 30-35k.
enazutam.jpg

bydehypy.jpg

lol yep, now cram that in a short hood freightliner where #3 is under the window and hang an EGR system on it.

Bad enough that a standard hood A model had to have a panel to get to the cam drive. I don't think you could set it low enough in the frame to get things to clear in a slope hood, especially the way the turbo sits.

And here's a pic to go with. I'm honestly thinking 30-35k.
enazutam.jpg

bydehypy.jpg

I'd say 25-30, there is damn nice 95 flat top on the truck paper for $30K, I guess it comes down to if you want a 20 year old truck for that price.

I'd say 25-30, there is damn nice 95 flat top on the truck paper for $30K, I guess it comes down to if you want a 20 year old truck for that price.

I'm really looking at this truck. Pretty interested.

Which flat top is it? I keep a pretty close watch on truck paper.

95 with a detroit, but then again with a quick search there are cat powered 96-2000 trucks for 30 and under on the paper.

Local in a 20+ yr old toy, maybe. OTR in an old truck? Not for me. Friend drives an 83 359 and it's in great shape with all new parts but it's noisy inside, poor insulation, just not my idea of something I want to spend a week driving. Of course keep in mind I wouldn't drive OTR in anything. I like to wake up and walk to my shower and not get the parking lot piss smell breakfast.

Wouldn't it be pretty easy to insulate and update older cabs? Maybe make them quieter ect? I know if i was forced to run OTR. I would build a w900 glided with a signature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Local in a 20+ yr old toy, maybe. OTR in an old truck? Not for me. Friend drives an 83 359 and it's in great shape with all new parts but it's noisy inside, poor insulation, just not my idea of something I want to spend a week driving. Of course keep in mind I wouldn't drive OTR in anything. I like to wake up and walk to my shower and not get the parking lot piss smell breakfast.

Mike Schade trucks the entire US in 1963 KW with 290 in it. There are some hard core truckers out there still!

A 359 is barely any different than a 379, the doors are even the same. It wouldn't be hard at all to update the interior with better insulation. Once you get older than that, it gets difficult.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

2eteby4e.jpg

Bob spooner has driven this 61 most of his life, 6.5 million miles.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I went on an insulating spree in my 82, if I had to guess i'd say its just as quiet inside as the 07 379 I used to drive.

My uncle runs an 85 359 everyday that he bought new in 84. It's as quiet and drives as nice as any newer truck I've driven

Back