Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I know ISXs are pretty terrible from what I've heard but a farmer I know bought this 09 367 Pete day cab that he now wants to sell. It's got a 550 ISX with an 18 speed ultra shift which has a clutch pedal. It's got 46k locking diffs, brand new michelin virgins drives and michelin steers. I could get this thing very cheap but my question is how much to delete the DPF, Egr, and eventually variable turbo then convert it to a straight shift instead of ultra shift. I've figured about 7-8k for everything

I know ISXs are pretty terrible from what I've heard but a farmer I know bought this 09 367 Pete day cab that he now wants to sell. It's got a 550 ISX with an 18 speed ultra shift which has a clutch pedal. It's got 46k locking diffs, brand new michelin virgins drives and michelin steers. I could get this thing very cheap but my question is how much to delete the DPF, Egr, and eventually variable turbo then convert it to a straight shift instead of ultra shift. I've figured about 7-8k for everything

Trans is easy, it's an auto shift, not an ultrashift. You'd need a shifter, shift lid etc plus a hole in the floor.

PDI or pretty much any shop with Calterm fluency can make the software work happen, then it's a matter of just eliminating the DPF and EGR cooler etc.

Sent from my flashscan v2

Question for you mechanical cummins guys. We have a motor we took out of an '89 FLD several years ago and I'm thinking of repairing it and putting it a bare dump truck chassis we also have.

The motor: its and '89 855ci cummins and it says NTC-400 on the timing case. According to my dad it was a stepped timing model, which he thinks is junk.

The problem: this motor would frequently split injector tips.

Any one know about a problem like this? Any remedy for it? My dad thinks the fueling setup is different than the older 855s, and that this setup was not reliable. If this is true, is it possible to swap to an older, more reliable setup?

Thanks in advance

Trans is easy, it's an auto shift, not an ultrashift. You'd need a shifter, shift lid etc plus a hole in the floor.

PDI or pretty much any shop with Calterm fluency can make the software work happen, then it's a matter of just eliminating the DPF and EGR cooler etc.

Sent from my flashscan v2

Has PDI already learned the right way to do it buy copying instructions from internet boards ? If not, find a better and cheaper option. Don't delete VGT.

Question for you mechanical cummins guys. We have a motor we took out of an '89 FLD several years ago and I'm thinking of repairing it and putting it a bare dump truck chassis we also have.

The motor: its and '89 855ci cummins and it says NTC-400 on the timing case. According to my dad it was a stepped timing model, which he thinks is junk.

The problem: this motor would frequently split injector tips.

Any one know about a problem like this? Any remedy for it? My dad thinks the fueling setup is different than the older 855s, and that this setup was not reliable. If this is true, is it possible to swap to an older, more reliable setup?

Thanks in advance

The step timing control does mean a different injector due to the oil control part of the injector, but other than that it is the same basic design as not stc injectors. I don't know how the tips were being split unless they were set to tight and the plunger was making physical contact with the tip. I have had this happen and the plunger actually stuck in the tip, but it did not split.

No matter what you might want to look in to converting it to high flow cooling, no matter what you do with the other parts this will be a key part in longevity.

Has PDI already learned the right way to do it buy copying instructions from internet boards ? If not, find a better and cheaper option. Don't delete VGT.

Why keep the unreliable VGT, that is one of the main reasons behind the delete is to gain reliability, a HX60 would be much cheaper in the long run.

The step timing control does mean a different injector due to the oil control part of the injector, but other than that it is the same basic design as not stc injectors. I don't know how the tips were being split unless they were set to tight and the plunger was making physical contact with the tip. I have had this happen and the plunger actually stuck in the tip, but it did not split.

No matter what you might want to look in to converting it to high flow cooling, no matter what you do with the other parts this will be a key part in longevity.

I'll have to quiz them more about how many failures they had and exactly what and how it failed. I know they got tired of putting injectors in it and ended up pulling it and putting an older 300hp 855 we had in its place.

I'm assuming the injectors can't be swapped to non STC? I do have another 300hp 855 I could steal parts off of it they cross over at all.

Got the call, it's back up for sale, first one with $6500 take it he says. I don't even know where to start a mission to get that thing... if it was down the road it would be in my driveway tomorrow.

man if i had the cash or the need id own it..not far from here...got no use for itcept to take my boy for rides like a bada$$

I'll have to quiz them more about how many failures they had and exactly what and how it failed. I know they got tired of putting injectors in it and ended up pulling it and putting an older 300hp 855 we had in its place.

I'm assuming the injectors can't be swapped to non STC? I do have another 300hp 855 I could steal parts off of it they cross over at all.

They can be, but most of the time it requires a change of the rocker boxes and then you would need a custom set of injectors to match the lift of the stc cam.

Why keep the unreliable VGT, that is one of the main reasons behind the delete is to gain reliability, a HX60 would be much cheaper in the long run.

They are not unreliable anymore and help in fueleconomy and power if programmed right.

I know the physical parts of an auto shift such as putting a shifter in but will someone that has quickserve be able to do the electronics or is it aftermarket? Who else does DPF and Egr deletes besides pdi or is that it?

I know the physical parts of an auto shift such as putting a shifter in but will someone that has quickserve be able to do the electronics or is it aftermarket? Who else does DPF and Egr deletes besides pdi or is that it?

rawze.com/forums

He was the first one to do it right

Back