Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I'd fill the filters and go from there. 1/4 two stroke oil the rest diesel fuel will help get things lubed.

My bosses 359 is the short short hood. Had a 903 in it and that barely fit.

A standard hood 900A is no where close to being as short as the 113" BBC 359s. A friend of mine has one with a 855, I believe it may have a recessed firewall.

A standard hood 900A is no where close to being as short as the 113" BBC 359s. A friend of mine has one with a 855, I believe it may have a recessed firewall.

He has an 855 he wants to put in just doesn't have the time. Supposedly they make a firewall kit to recess it to fit an inline 6.

With a 903 it probably barely moved too.

Hasn't moved in 10 years cause of dropped valve. Lol

Hasn't moved in 10 years cause of dropped valve. Lol

lol probably had the same HP with the dropped valve. The 903 is like the DT466, no power not reliable and not great on fuel. BUT guys see pulling tractors with both of them and think they're animals. Like the 3208 in the Silver Bullet tractor, 5000hp........if you replace 99% of all the stock parts you can make them run.

Last edited:
lol probably had the same HP with the dropped valve. The 903 is like the DT466, no power not reliable and not great on fuel. BUT guys see pulling tractors with both of them and think they're animals. Like the 3208 in the Silver Bullet tractor, 5000hp........if you replace 99% of all the stock parts you can make them run.

Dont forget the 903 engines that are also being converted to alcohol and decubed to meet the 650CID limit.

They sound so cool though. Grew up riding with my grandpa in a K100 hay truck with n/a 903 and true duals

I'm going to try starting an old cab over for the first time in at least 6 years. Cummins 855 fleet 300. Already have a freshly charged set of batteries, drained old diesel out of the tank, put new filters on, and made sure there were no obstructions in the line between the filterhead and PT. Turbo did not turn by hand, but broke free easily with a ratchet. Appears to be a little rust scale in the turbine housing that had been holding up the wheel.

Any other tips before hooking up the batteries and seeing if it'll start?

Got her going
https://instagram.com/p/99GdXZj11n/

Nice man! You buying it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love hearing/seeing old iron rumble back to life, thanks for the video! What's the plans for her?

It's one of farm's old **** spreaders. A friend broke the PTO back when I was in highschool and instead of buying new PTO they tried swapping the trans from another truck before giving up on it. I had a slow couple days at work, so I drug it out of the weeds and decided to try to get it running again. I found the original trans out of it, so if the farm feels like spending some money, it might be going back together and back to work

It's one of farm's old **** spreaders. A friend broke the PTO back when I was in highschool and instead of buying new PTO they tried swapping the trans from another truck before giving up on it. I had a slow couple days at work, so I drug it out of the weeds and decided to try to get it running again. I found the original trans out of it, so if the farm feels like spending some money, it might be going back together and back to work

Looks like it has some kind of box on the back. Or is it just like everything else that sits, it gets used as storage?

Does anyone know anything about this truck? I love this thing but haven't been able to find any info on it. All I know is that it's a 389 built to look old skool.

oldskool_zpstshvxxty.jpg

Looks like it has some kind of box on the back. Or is it just like everything else that sits, it gets used as storage?

This

It's a sh*t spreader most likely.

Spreader box, has floor chains and rear beaters. Well, like everything that sits around here, the rear sprockets and gearbox and beaters were taken off at some point and put on another truck

Anybody know a good place to get a used PTO for a Spicer 1372a?

Back