Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Wasn't sure on length options, though I saw a few extras on truckpaper's drop down menus

What was the first and last year of the flc? Any changes along the way?

I'm honestly not sure of the first and last year. I'm going to say early 70's to 87 or 88. The FLD replaced the FLC.

There may have been slight changes, but the biggest change was the hood. Freightliner didn't change much, even when they went to the FLD. My 86 FLC and my dads 94 FLD have a lot of similarities, and I think a lot of parts are interchangeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Is it common for the BC Cummins to haze? I've only dealt with about 3 of them and they all haze at idle. Also I was told that there is a BC I, II, & III.. Any truth? Differences, one better than the other?

Gonna make an offer on the truck, I'll check into an appropriate hood for the truck since this one is kinda beat up

I'm honestly not sure of the first and last year. I'm going to say early 70's to 87 or 88. The FLD replaced the FLC.

There may have been slight changes, but the biggest change was the hood. Freightliner didn't change much, even when they went to the FLD. My 86 FLC and my dads 94 FLD have a lot of similarities, and I think a lot of parts are interchangeable.

We have an 87 FLC and an 89 FLD, so it's right around there somewhere lol

Technically freightliner made FLCs since they started building trucks until they switched to FLDs, though I do think you're right that this body style truck started in the 70s

Looked around a little and it looks like freightliner started producing FLCs like that around 74. I've found pictures of FL conventionals from the 40s, but they were probably only CF trucks. Also found that the FLD was introduced in 87

did the interior change in the flc? hard to imagine the fld120 style interior of the flc's i have seen in a mid 70's truck(plastic)

The interior in my FLC is very similar to my dads FLD.

Some of the earlier FLCs have flatter more rounded dashes.

Bre gotta tell you I loved the "Detroit alarm" just wish you could do longer vids!!!

Haha! Thing has a muffler/resonator on it of sorts and it's still stupid loud. I love it. Don't like the truck but it's spec'd well.

Since you guys seem to like these things so much lol. Here one of our grain truck.
135ab22d-7ffc-4298-9bfb-72af4df43510_zpsjtcbi3ia.png

Since you guys seem to like these things so much lol. Here one of our grain truck.

135ab22d-7ffc-4298-9bfb-72af4df43510_zpsjtcbi3ia.png

I was a big time A model guy, but the FLC just looks cooler and cooler every time I look at them. But I'm partial...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447899013.215919.jpg

I love the old school paint jobs the Freightliner put in these trucks. I want to home up with a good one in black red and grey for my FLC.

if the build quality isn't any better on those than the classic XL we have then I think I will stick to the kenworths.

if the build quality isn't any better on those than the classic XL we have then I think I will stick to the kenworths.
Freightliner is known for a lot of things and build quality isn't one of them. Drove a couple IH Lonestars and I believe it's a race to the bottom with those two companies. The wind noise is unreal and the mirrors are bolted to the door which if it was any thinner metal you could read through it. Swear the mirrors are going to fall off.

that couldn't be any less practical if it was laying on its roof..very cool tho. that huge bumper makes the grill look small..

Rick is that the cab over Pete on hwy 60 between Mansfield and Mtn Grove Mo? At that little semi shop on the north side of the highway.

Rick is that the cab over Pete on hwy 60 between Mansfield and Mtn Grove Mo? At that little semi shop on the north side of the highway.

That I don't know. I stole it from a Facebook page I'm a member of.

88a3d905c140a675234caf6b80bb418c.jpg

cc636712750e5d5f84ee179cf0b5b41d.jpg

306f67fc6d08ecede6d3f06aee29bbc1.jpg

This relic is sitting in a local wrecking yard rotting away, got a 335 Cummins and a 5x4 trans. The dude has all kinds of old trucks just going to chit......and as usual, none of them are for sale

Back