Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Speaking from experience, I would keep in mind your final goal and don't buy a truck that needs two pots of gold to get it there. For example, my end goal is a W900A extended hood, DI V8 cat would be preferred but I wouldn't mind a V12 Detroit, any trans would work but it will get an 18 speed, air ride isn't a must because it would get an AG400 eventually, but I'm REALLY picky so I wouldn't buy a truck that has specs way outside where I want my final product to be, I WILL NOT buy another truck with a cummins haha

I do agree with this....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basically what I'm saying is if you want big hood with Cat power, don't buy a short hood with a Cummins and just say "I'll swap a cat in later"......that's what I did with my yellow truck and the more I thought about the cost involved to get that truck where I wanted it, the more it pissed me off. So I'm not settling for anything less than exactly what I want when I do finally buy another one.

Basically what I'm saying is if you want big hood with Cat power, don't buy a short hood with a Cummins and just say "I'll swap a cat in later"......that's what I did with my yellow truck and the more I thought about the cost involved to get that truck where I wanted it, the more it pissed me off. So I'm not settling for anything less than exactly what I want when I do finally buy another one.

I completely agree with what your saying.

I jumped on the first thing I found I could afford. I even told my dad, "but it's not exactly what I want." He convinced me to buy. I really like my A model but I love my FLC, because it has a yellow motor, all aluminum wheels, air ride and is (IMO) a cool ass looking truck.

But live and learn...

A little time and effort goes a long way.

5A6E75EF-9FBE-4655-82E8-085D1CB2124F-315-000000160A17C033.jpg

I'm listening...
I take all advice.

I see what you're saying but at the same time, what I want, is getting harder to come by and for DAMN sure not getting cheaper.

You make it sound like A models area dime a dozen. Mine was for sale less than a week when I got it bought, gave $3500 and sold the Detroit engine parts for $800.

Just have to be ready to go when something comes up.

This showed up at the shop last night.

Attachments

• IMG_20151121_074500218.jpg
    IMG_20151121_074500218.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20151121_074354561.jpg
    IMG_20151121_074354561.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 0
You make it sound like A models area dime a dozen. Mine was for sale less than a week when I got it bought, gave $3500 and sold the Detroit engine parts for $800.

Just have to be ready to go when something comes up.

Was that directed toward me?
If so you're mistaken, in my opinion a good Amodel is harder to find than a 359.

359's are a dime a dozen around my area, A-Model extended hoods are like trying to find sharks in Tennessee

359's are a dime a dozen around my area, A-Model extended hoods are like trying to find sharks in Tennessee

I think trying to find an EXHD A model for a reasonable price is tough anywhere...

I think trying to find an EXHD A model for a reasonable price is tough anywhere...

Bingo!

Finding 359's isn't hard. Finding decent trucks for reasonable money is.

88a3d905c140a675234caf6b80bb418c.jpg

cc636712750e5d5f84ee179cf0b5b41d.jpg

306f67fc6d08ecede6d3f06aee29bbc1.jpg

This relic is sitting in a local wrecking yard rotting away, got a 335 Cummins and a 5x4 trans. The dude has all kinds of old trucks just going to chit......and as usual, none of them are for sale
Usually everything is for sale at some price.... uploadfromtaptalk1448220861319.jpg heavy on the "usually"

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Any of you truckers got any use for a fully complete 8.2L Detroit that needs a head gasket and possibly some valve train work? It's gonna come with everything from the fan to the rear main seal. Currently mixing oil and water and blowing coolant out the tailpipe. I'm not gonna ask much for it so if anyone has a use, let me know. I can deliver or meet with in a few hundred miles.

I guess I had better start trying to sell it so I can afford new parts for this 8.3L transplant.

Back