Truckers, lets see your rigs!

No, anything under 10' and the weight limit drops. The benefit is the ride quality and weight transfer. Tire scrub is a non issue unless your doing laps around a city block. Axle spacing from 4' to 8' are limited to 34,000#. More than 8 but less than 9 are allowed 38k, 9' spread is 39k and 10+ are allowed 40k. I know guys with 11' spreads and 12' just to make loading easier.

That's federal and each state has their own rules for other routes.

Crazy the difference. Thanks for the info

That's just a hair over 18k kg. Now is that overloads? Up here on non divisible loads were aloud 20k kg on tandem with 5' spread and 17,500 kg on divisible load. What's the benefit to having such a wide spread beside scrubbing tires off? Do they recognize 5' spread down there with same load rating?

That should do for all the gauges? Did you go the high output ones? Smds I think they are called. I know I replaced all the ones in my 2008 ram and was a nice look. But I didn't go that blue I went white light and it shining brought the gauges turned it slightly blue.

Superbrightled.com should have cross over on it
In the nw you can license a 5 axle with a 10'1" spread to 86,000 but I couldn't bridge over 84000 with one. 40k on the spread with 80 max is legal in every state on big roads, makes it a lot easier to load.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

The kingman Arizona scale gave me chit for being 80,220 pounds.....the good news is even with all the hills from Idaho falls to Vegas I still pulled 5.8mpg out of this big hood horse.

In the nw you can license a 5 axle with a 10'1" spread to 86,000 but I couldn't bridge over 84000 with one. 40k on the spread with 80 max is legal in every state on big roads, makes it a lot easier to load.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Normal loading on 5 axle for us is 86,900 with 5' spread and if you go into your overloads your allowed 100,100 lbs which is normal loading for a 6 axle load.

Normal loading on 5 axle for us is 86,900 with 5' spread and if you go into your overloads your allowed 100,100 lbs which is normal loading for a 6 axle load.
A friggin 8 axle b-train up there can haul 140,000 pounds, no wonder all the roads are rutted as fukk haha

I'm burning winter blend too... I'm getting 5 out of a mechanical. Badger needs to ease up the ole foot!
Have you even watched the video? Hunnybadger DONT GIVE A CHIT!

That's just a hair over 18k kg. Now is that overloads? Up here on non divisible loads were aloud 20k kg on tandem with 5' spread and 17,500 kg on divisible load. What's the benefit to having such a wide spread beside scrubbing tires off? Do they recognize 5' spread down there with same load

when i went from a reg. tandem 45x96 flat to a 48x102 with 10 'spread, the biggest difference i noticed was no more worrying about overloading drives, or trailer or steers....only had to focus on the gross of whole load, ride was much improved as well.

without sliding tandems and flatbed loads i struggled with 77-78 on my back without being too heavy on trailer or drives

with spread some of the tight docks you have to be mindful of your trailer and tires, dump valve helps...

Last edited:
A friggin 8 axle b-train up there can haul 140,000 pounds, no wonder all the roads are rutted as fukk haha

These are Rtac rates though. A1 roads are less. We will usually never load Over 132,000 for bridging. Are roads are sh*t because the crappy repair work, or weather and the fact that they refuse to admit that the roads were improperly built. There is some spots in the winter that will move up and down 6" during the day.

when i went from a reg. tandem 45x96 flat to a 48x102 with 10 'spread, the biggest difference i noticed was no more worrying about overloading drives, or trailer or steers....only had to focus on the gross of whole load, ride was much improved as well.

without sliding tandems and flatbed loads i struggled with 77-78 on my back without being too heavy on trailer or drives

with spread some of the tight docks you have to be mindful of your trailer and tires, dump valve helps...

I guess depends what your hauling. None of my trailers are tandem. Dad has a tandem straight but we don't pull it much. Pretty much everything is 6 axle step, 6,7,8 axle low bed, 8 axle trains. No aluminum either it wouldn't last doing what we do. I can see the benefit to aluminum on straight flat highway work but up here all steal is the way to go. My truck and triaxle step weigh roughly 35,000 lb fully fueled compard to bre 30,000 that's not a massive difference to a tandem axle aluminum. My trailer is also 53' not sure if bre is.

These are Rtac rates though. A1 roads are less. We will usually never load Over 132,000 for bridging. Are roads are sh*t because the crappy repair work, or weather and the fact that they refuse to admit that the roads were improperly built. There is some spots in the winter that will move up and down 6" during the day.
British Columbia, Alberta, and Manitoba are decent, but Saskatchewan roads are fukkin brutal, they may as well tear up the trans Canada and blade the gravel out every once in awhile, it would be smoother lol

Bish number 1738533748
I want a freakin dump valve on this trailer. That is all lol

And no my trailer is 48ft.
You also have to take into consideration... I'm driving the best turning truck Peterbilt ever made. Haha
And I have zero dump valves period. Axles or just to dump the air. Irritates the hell out of me.

Last edited:
Thad the problem they need to remove the sh*tty base not patch over it.

No dump valves? Wtf I dump my air when unloading heavy pieces in one shot to avoid stretching bags and shocks. I also dump when I drop my trailer because I've seen legs get folded up due to leaking air suspension. My step deck prob rolls ahead 8" with brakes locked an air down. I also installed a glad hand on the emergency side with a valve to lock the air in to keep brakes from dynamiting when I disconnect. Makes a big difference for frozen brakes in winter. I never get them that way.

Thad the problem they need to remove the sh*tty base not patch over it.

No dump valves? Wtf I dump my air when unloading heavy pieces in one shot to avoid stretching bags and shocks. I also dump when I drop my trailer because I've seen legs get folded up due to leaking air suspension. My step deck prob rolls ahead 8" with brakes locked an air down. I also installed a glad hand on the emergency side with a valve to lock the air in to keep brakes from dynamiting when I disconnect. Makes a big difference for frozen brakes in winter. I never get them that way.

Exactly why I wanna be able to dump them.., I hate unloading a trailer with air in the bags.
Also another is when I have to unhook. You've basically stated every reason I at least want to be able to drop all the air. I can work around not being able to dump each axle.
I've searched all over and haven't found a dump valve unless I'm blind.., which is possible.

We have places like Fort Garry industries that supply stuff like that. Not sure what brand is on my trailer but they are all factor installed. I'm guessing they aren't common down there?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455125962.355359.jpg

A valve like this is all you need. Route air from tank then from valve to suspension leveller. The ones on my trailers is a ball valve type which is better imo. But it basically directs air to bags or closed off feed an directs bag air back out the drain.

I wish the front axle of my spread had a lift on it.....so gay

Back