Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Most trailers have a dump that I've pulled. I've never seen a hopper that didn't, but this one, not so much.
I also wish I had a front lift axle.

I could dump the suspension and chain mine up, but I'm too lazy for that chit

Our roads are too bumpy for chaining up unless you've blown a tire and must do it. Even lift axles that lift 6" can hit fairly easy.

Like this?

16installcrankzz.jpg

I guess depends what your hauling. None of my trailers are tandem. Dad has a tandem straight but we don't pull it much. Pretty much everything is 6 axle step, 6,7,8 axle low bed, 8 axle trains. No aluminum either it wouldn't last doing what we do. I can see the benefit to aluminum on straight flat highway work but up here all steal is the way to go. My truck and triaxle step weigh roughly 35,000 lb fully fueled compard to bre 30,000 that's not a massive difference to a tandem axle aluminum. My trailer is also 53' not sure if bre is.

What exactly are you doing that aluminum trailer wouldn't last?

What exactly are you doing that aluminum trailer wouldn't last?

We haul almost anything from big cement pads, steel, hay, machines. I've had a John Deere 850 on my deck with a ripper. Loads like that would fold the edges of an aluminum trailer. On top of that we need stronger rails for abuse. In an out of fields and tight crossing getting hay twisting back and forth. The work we do would wreck an aluminum trailer. We do most machines on lowbed but when we have lots of machines to haul and going the same place we will skip of the step deck onto the lowbed or use a ramp if they have.

In the nw you can license a 5 axle with a 10'1" spread to 86,000 but I couldn't bridge over 84000 with one. 40k on the spread with 80 max is legal in every state on big roads, makes it a lot easier to load.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I'm allowed 96,700 on my 6 axle Log truck in South Dakota/Wyoming

I'm allowed 96,700 on my 6 axle Log truck in South Dakota/Wyoming
Oh really? I didn't know they'd let you go that heavy there. Do you know anybody with the last name Ervin with a mill in WY?

Wyoming is one of those states where the motto is "if you have enough axles and you can bridge it, you can haul it" haha

I've never really paid much attention, I was always under 80 with a step when I went through. Nodak was miserable, the weights would change from road to road and the tickets were insane.

0d262f394347ebafa765f6453fdf96ce.jpg

In a world full of gay fleet trucks, some of us have to keep it classy

Mine will pull 6 easy once I get my oilfield meaty tires off and my lowpros on

These videos are a pretty good representation of my driving style.

Start at about 3:00 if you wanna skip me pulling out of the truckstop. 550hp 6NZ with cam, 57 injectors, and PDI nozzle ring turbo with the 13 ring I believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRql-zfj2l0

This is my current ride, skip to 10:00 and 26:00 for takeoff. Also a 550hp 6NZ all stock except for a Borg turbo in Cat housings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUCVQRRPuPI

First video I'm pulling reefer about 85k gross and second video is hopper bottom at 90k gross. I'm open to any critiquing my driving style and any improvements that could be made

Last edited:
Back