Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Thanks, I plan on taking lots of photos. I am going to bring her home this saturday.

Going back with the Detroit?

No, it will probably get the 3406B out of my GMC.

Here is how the detroit came home.
58B37A06-F862-49BD-9563-52BEEF9A5FE8-4057-00000368E04256DF.jpg

No, it will probably get the 3406B out of my GMC.

Here is how the detroit came home.

Probably the fastest that thing has ever traveled was on that trailer!

A friend went to an auction in northern ohio to see about getting an 1984 A model with a Cat, ended up going for $16,750! He wanted a working resto project but it had an aluminum frame. Those weren't all that awesome new, so 29 yr old aluminum hauling 120k # permit loads seems scary. Ended up going for too much money to justify swapping the cab to a newer W900L frame.
Best pic he got of that 1984 W900A
a3u2uqag.jpg

Another friend is completely redoing a 359 and new HD frame rails drilled and shipped were $4500. Cheaper than I thought they would be.

Last edited:
Do you know it he had a choice on what suspension he could have them drilled for. This frame seems to be in good shape, but I think it would be nice to stretch one of the cabovers with new rails and have them drilled for a neway.

That A model looks like its in fairly decent shape, but I would want that frame on a working truck either.

You might be right about the speed, and it won't see it again until someone comes and buys this junk.

I like your style. Yellow motor FTW. I'm a sucker for stretched cab overs as well.

Do you know it he had a choice on what suspension he could have them drilled for. This frame seems to be in good shape, but I think it would be nice to stretch one of the cabovers with new rails and have them drilled for a neway.
I'm pretty sure but ill ask him.

I like your style. Yellow motor FTW. I'm a sucker for stretched cab overs as well.

Actually since it will be out on the ground it going to get one hell of a cleaning and get painted CAT white.

I don't mind a long cabover, but I like it to be done right.

Actually since it will be out on the ground it going to get one hell of a cleaning and get painted CAT white.

I don't mind a long cabover, but I like it to be done right.

I don't know a fraction of what you guys know about these truck... I just like how they look lol

LoL, at least you admit it. I think most of what I have learned has been just by getting my hands dirty. When you start trying to make things work in a fashion they aren't supposed to that's when you really start learning.

The reason I want to paint the engine right is so it looks period correct, at that time almost any CAT that went in a Peterbilt or Kenworth was painted white to set them apart from the other CAT engines out there in other brands of trucks.

His reply:
"they need a example or a cad drawing and can do anything"

Back