Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I think a c12 is an alright runaround engine. The small block engines have their place.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

We have a Couple Firetrucks with C12's, Not the most powerful or fasted trucks but they get the job done

You're not trying to tell me day cab line haulers need 600hp and 18 gears?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Yup lol. This C12 in question has 950k of pulling 80k doin local bulk haul. I'd say it has done a good job.

If a C12 is driven properly they can be reliable engines, they do not like rpm. I would be looking more at the frame of the truck than the engine, that would be the most worrisome part of the truck for me.

That's what I'm concerned about also. Gramps said he never had to get the frame welded up but idk I'm still not sure about it.

We have a truck with a C12, runs good/pulls good. With a good aftermarket tune and a charger they'll embarrass a stock 550. Ours came with a chit multi-torque flash but I loaded an old straight 430hp file good fls/fts numbers and it's way better. Got a C13 also with a 500hp 1750tq European emissions file and it runs good too. I don't want a small block for H/H but they do have their places.

The truck is setup with the potential to run good. 430hp straight tune 13spd and 3.21 rears. But SmokinCat define your "they don't like rpm's" statement. I was always taught that smaller engines like the C12 M11 and 12.7L like 17-1800 rpm to pull good.

Not the C12s, one of the issues that is known with the C12 is that they will throw rods. They do this cause they pull the wrist pin out of the piston at higher rpm. So it's best to let them lug and short shift them. With 3.21 rears you shouldn't have a problem doing that.

My C-15 likes being run between 1450-1700. I would have thought the smaller engines would be a dog unless you revved em out. That's interesting

Hmm interesting I'll have to ask him what rpm it actually ran at. I know he said he ran it in direct when he was loaded and only used overdrive when he was empty.

That's prolly right, and still a good place to be. If it has LP 22.5 tires 1600rpm in direct is 59mph.

My C-15 likes being run between 1450-1700. I would have thought the smaller engines would be a dog unless you revved em out. That's interesting

I think that is why there are so many of them that have came apart, most people think that just because they are small they don't have any low end grunt, but they actually lug very well.

We have a truck with a C12, runs good/pulls good. With a good aftermarket tune and a charger they'll embarrass a stock 550. Ours came with a chit multi-torque flash but I loaded an old straight 430hp file good fls/fts numbers and it's way better. Got a C13 also with a 500hp 1750tq European emissions file and it runs good too. I don't want a small block for H/H but they do have their places.

Where did you get the 500hp tune from?

i have a couple friends with cats that are looking for more hp, one 550 and one 625.. where should i send them?

Back