Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Oil pressure is higher than coolant system.

Not when the head gasket is blown! Lmao

b82524928921547032123b7b94ea2733.jpg

How do Acert pistons match up with older injectors? Or vice versa?in an Acert running a 6nz ECM, would someone swap the injectors to say 57's or run the Acert injectors to match the spray pattern of the Acert pistons? I've read where the swap has been done. Curious how that all works out

They don't, older injectors do not match the bowl of the acert piston, stock acerts injectors flow a little more then a 957 does anyways.

They don't, older injectors do not match the bowl of the acert piston, stock acerts injectors flow a little more then a 957 does anyways.

How bout a 625 Acert injector? Supposed to flow a bit more than 550 and lower injector. But how would you control it being the Acert runs a trim file vs a trim code

How bout a 625 Acert injector? Supposed to flow a bit more than 550 and lower injector. But how would you control it being the Acert runs a trim file vs a trim code

You can use acert injector in older engine but not a good idea the other way around. If your using a 70pin non acert ecm with an acert injector just use whatever default trim code you want. 550 acert injector is just slightly smaller than a 58. I've heard the 625 is bigger but can't confirm. If you want more power I would tune ecm vs bigger sticks. You can get more out of stock injectors than you can work.

Lets talk N14s.

My dad is possibly looking at buying a second truck with an N14 in it. We don't know much about them. The truck is a 95 Freightliner Classic with a red top N14. I believe this would be an electronic engine, correct? I didn't think the red tops came out until the higher hp rated, electronic engines came out. All I really know about them is they are an 855 with an electronic injector.

How are they on fuel? Reliability? Problem areas?

N14s are fairly reliable and decent on fuel. Their ECMs are junk. M11 and N14 ECMs are made of glass. All we really sell for N14s regularly is turbochargers and ECMs.

Lets talk N14s.

My dad is possibly looking at buying a second truck with an N14 in it. We don't know much about them. The truck is a 95 Freightliner Classic with a red top N14. I believe this would be an electronic engine, correct? I didn't think the red tops came out until the higher hp rated, electronic engines came out. All I really know about them is they are an 855 with an electronic injector.

How are they on fuel? Reliability? Problem areas?

Red covers were an option and don't mean much after 20 years, would be more concerned with it being a celect or celect plus.

N14s are fairly reliable and decent on fuel. Their ECMs are junk. M11 and N14 ECMs are made of glass. All we really sell for N14s regularly is turbochargers and ECMs.

What fails in the ECM? Do they give any signs of failure or do they just burn up and you're stuck?

Red covers were an option and don't mean much after 20 years, would be more concerned with it being a celect or celect plus.

Can you expand on the celect vs celect plus?

You can use acert injector in older engine but not a good idea the other way around. If your using a 70pin non acert ecm with an acert injector just use whatever default trim code you want. 550 acert injector is just slightly smaller than a 58. I've heard the 625 is bigger but can't confirm. If you want more power I would tune ecm vs bigger sticks. You can get more out of stock injectors than you can work.

How does a MBN injector match up ?

What fails in the ECM? Do they give any signs of failure or do they just burn up and you're stuck?

Basically they just added some sensors to help the ecm to better regulate the engine from what I can tell, I don't know if there were any celect series engines rated over 435hp, if there is any they are quite uncommon.

Usually you get some warning. Injector faults or the most common is fan issues. But everyone is right they're very fragile.

Basically they just added some sensors to help the ecm to better regulate the engine from what I can tell, I don't know if there were any celect series engines rated over 435hp, if there is any they are quite uncommon.

Usually you get some warning. Injector faults or the most common is fan issues. But everyone is right they're very fragile.

Thanks guys. This is a 1995 rated at 435 hp if that means anything.

Is it possible to have a second ECM on hand that can just be swapped out? When they fail is it software failure or physical failure? Can an ECM that has failed be reprogrammed and used?

Thanks guys. This is a 1995 rated at 435 hp if that means anything.

Is it possible to have a second ECM on hand that can just be swapped out? When they fail is it software failure or physical failure? Can an ECM that has failed be reprogrammed and used?

You can but personally I would roll the dice and only buy it when you need it. They're not exactly cheap. It's a physical failure.

Well as we all suspected, we finally screwed with it enough, ride height seemed to fix my growling issue. Still tracking down a very small vibration, which we found a ujoints that has a very small amount of play in it.

Back