Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Did the same injector part number go in that came out?

Pulsewidth is already getting high. If I want to make more power I'd have to go with larger injectors. Even the 5915s are about 15% larger.

Prob 20-30 on the fan. I would have expected higher from a tuned truck as my non tuned rebuild did 443 to the tires.
Engine masters just did a show on hp loss with fans, stock gm fan took 27hp, I would imagine a truck fan would be 40-50 even with lower operating rpm

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This was the short way around to what I was saying. A 500hp detroit, cat, cummins you name it doesn't need compounds to be safe and have great low end power.

As smokincat said here, we don't build compounds for a Cat to make stock power.

I'm not shooting for 500hp, that's why I'm asking.

5915 replaced 5575 I think they were. With stock 500 cam. 430 stock tune

On Detroit's it's the torque rating that defines the fuel curve. Is it 1650 torque? The hp rating is only at rated rpm which would be 2110

You gained approximately 7% in fuel flow by switching injectors at the same PW.

On Detroit's it's the torque rating that defines the fuel curve. Is it 1650 torque? The hp rating is only at rated rpm which would be 2110

It's 1450 or 1550 torque I think esn is 184074 iirc.

Peak tq was in the 1380 rpm range if I remember.

Last edited:

11015b58141dfd282dea52644d15c99a.jpg

Found it

Engine masters just did a show on hp loss with fans, stock gm fan took 27hp, I would imagine a truck fan would be 40-50 even with lower operating rpm

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wish I had made it to Antrims this spring. Not only to see a couple of the guys but I also have an electric fan and I could have provided real numbers.

What are you shooting for? Our experience is that 600+hp detroits don't live a long happy life.

I know Erich Owens puts a 2100 hp tune apparently on his for pulls an the works it just over 600 hp.

My binder is set at 625 but no clue what it actually puts out but it get worked hard.

What are you shooting for? Our experience is that 600+hp detroits don't live a long happy life.

It all depends. 2 piece pistons or monotherms? 16.5:1 compression or 15:1? The 2 piece pistons came in the 825 hp marine motor. Piston cooling nozzles or not? Crosshead style rods or gun drilled? 11.1, 12.7 or 14.0? Compact gear train or older style? Is the protrusion set correctly? On and on and on....

Last edited:
It all depends. 2 piece pistons or monotherms? 16.5:1 compression or 15:1? The 2 piece pistons came in the 825 hp marine motor. Piston cooling nozzles or not? Crosshead style rods or gun drilled? 11.1, 12.7 or 14.0? Compact gear train or older style? Is the protrusion set correctly? On and on and on....

Nobody cares about you bruh

Back