Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Different.
f45e7040a89cbc579b0e6b4737dbc032.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That stupid chit oughta be outlawed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm pretty sure most of that truck is! I watched a video not long ago where he had a go fund me set up trying to raise money to fight all the tickets he has gotten. "The truck is just too cool to give up on" or something to that effect were his words.:nail: He was good buddies with Richie Acosta, such a vast difference in their tastes in trucks i must say.

How's 13sp knobs work...
Mine goes from 4th to 5th split of 5L the move red knob forward to get unsplit or high..
Last one I drove was 4th to 5H and shove knob forward to split said gear...
Basically run like a regular 8sd and split gear if you can't make the next full gear jump
Or is it personal preference

A standard lever/button or the old 3 position button? Should go 4th low range and to 5th high range and then split up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Shouldn't, pattern is the same except for the old school double over trans, like a 12513. I guess you could go to 5th over and split back down, I've always shifted 5th direct and split up. Some of the old trans had a hard time splitting in neutral so you'd shift 5th over to 6th over and split down but never split in a range shift.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My dads trans is a RTLO-16913 (I think),double over drive 13. I drive it like a 10 speed until I get to high gear, then push the button forward to cruise. He only splits the top gears when he’s really heavy and needs to. I don’t see why you couldn’t drive your 8 speed the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
3.23(4th) to 1.95(5H) is a pretty big jump
4th at 20mph is 2000rpm (36"/3.31 tires/gear)
At 20mph
5L be 1450rpm
5H be 1200rpm

Thought I'd ask..
Wonder if I could switch the lines in the knob around.. should be able to right?
See how it handles weight behind it first

Last edited:
13 speed you can split the top if you want...we don't in our T800 unless we're heavy...Drive it like a 9 speed and you have 5 extra gears on the high side if you need them. Basically gives you a gear to try and cruise wherever you want.

Chris

Back