Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Sounds like your startin to come around....

Pete started to come around in 2006 with the cab mounted mirrors. Now if they would move that barbaric clutch pedal off the floor and stop draining water into the fuse panels they would have something.

Pete started to come around in 2006 with the cab mounted mirrors. Now if they would move that barbaric clutch pedal off the floor and stop draining water into the fuse panels they would have something.

I agree with the mirrors, but the clutch pedal is industry leading, state of the art technogy, yet to be rivaled by another brand

As close to pulling a grain hopper again as I plan on getting.
274fae0f6529d24cb55f3a23c0c9dd9f.jpg

Chains AND curtain side? I thought it was either/or.

There’s some scary stuff going down the road in van trailers.

So you trailer shopping because you want one or need one? Or tired of the tax man?

Trying to set myself up better....
Right now I'm kinda stuck where I'm at...I can't really effectively market myself without a trailer..... And I can't expect a future company buying a guy a trailer that he has no history with.... I got hired on with truck and trailer.. then Mark said I'll buy you a trailer.. while I still have my 30' 8k tandem... It drastically reduces what I can do..

Not looking to leave, but acknowledge reality.

I'll like to buy the 40' I pull now... Mentioned it couple times in passing conversation... But idk if or how much he'd sale it to me for.

Found out recently, Wilson essentially bought out Crossman Trailers and crossman no longer exists.... Crossman owner mark T came from Wilson.....there some talk of Wilson getting into GN flatbed trailer market... but not in the near future..

So currently leaves
EBY
Pj
Load max
Diamond C has MFG beams vs STD I-BEAM
Double A trailers
And possibly a Wilson AD1080
donnan might make one most likely be steel

Convert the FL60 to air brakes..they did come with air brakes from the factory.. have build sheets saved in a file..
That would open up whole new options of trailers

Been a long week... I love being my own mechanic (insert eye rolling emoji).
Got the blast system lined out. Some people shouldn’t have tools is all I have to say.
Had to completely rewire my bumper lights that aren’t but 6-7 months old. Idiots used some cheap knock off wire that got so brittle you could break it by bending it.
After 2 days I got new belts put on the damm truck. You’d think I was doing a freaking inframe. Gave kw my vin number... still gave me the wrong belts.
Stripped a bunch of wiring off the trailer as well as some lights. Completely re-did the wiring for my filler panel in between the tanks, and was able to get that put back on, after I’d taken it off several weeks ago.
Sunday, I’ll grease the thing, clean the inside... load first thing Monday morning and I have a Wednesday morning delivery in Daytona Beach.
0f7ffe63c4391890993497918a7364a2.jpg

7808f139c903b404dd00015838012e03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I feel like this is relevant here somewhere...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcQ9qoxZPQ4"]Freightliner Parody - Amiri King - YouTube[/ame]

Trying to set myself up better....

Right now I'm kinda stuck where I'm at...I can't really effectively market myself without a trailer..... And I can't expect a future company buying a guy a trailer that he has no history with.... I got hired on with truck and trailer.. then Mark said I'll buy you a trailer.. while I still have my 30' 8k tandem... It drastically reduces what I can do..

Not looking to leave, but acknowledge reality.

I'll like to buy the 40' I pull now... Mentioned it couple times in passing conversation... But idk if or how much he'd sale it to me for.

Found out recently, Wilson essentially bought out Crossman Trailers and crossman no longer exists.... Crossman owner mark T came from Wilson.....there some talk of Wilson getting into GN flatbed trailer market... but not in the near future..

So currently leaves

EBY

Pj

Load max

Diamond C has MFG beams vs STD I-BEAM

Double A trailers

And possibly a Wilson AD1080

donnan might make one most likely be steel

Convert the FL60 to air brakes..they did come with air brakes from the factory.. have build sheets saved in a file..

That would open up whole new options of trailers

Why does it have to be a GN? Couldn’t you just get a short step deck and maybe use the top deck for some light stuff?

Before you pay for parts to covert your brakes just buy axles. I paid $3200 for a steer axle and rear complete cutoff. I sold the 5th wheel for $1000 and the low air suspension for $1500. So basically I converted my truck to disk brakes for $1700 where a single caliper is $950+core.

Been a long week... I love being my own mechanic (insert eye rolling emoji).
Got the blast system lined out. Some people shouldn’t have tools is all I have to say.
Had to completely rewire my bumper lights that aren’t but 6-7 months old. Idiots used some cheap knock off wire that got so brittle you could break it by bending it.
After 2 days I got new belts put on the damm truck. You’d think I was doing a freaking inframe. Gave kw my vin number... still gave me the wrong belts.
Stripped a bunch of wiring off the trailer as well as some lights. Completely re-did the wiring for my filler panel in between the tanks, and was able to get that put back on, after I’d taken it off several weeks ago.
Sunday, I’ll grease the thing, clean the inside... load first thing Monday morning and I have a Wednesday morning delivery in Daytona Beach.
0f7ffe63c4391890993497918a7364a2.jpg

7808f139c903b404dd00015838012e03.jpg

Looks good. Daytona beach should be nice. Gotra say I kinda envy you

Attachments

• 20180320_075546.jpg
    20180320_075546.jpg
    427.9 KB · Views: 0
Why does it have to be a GN? Couldn’t you just get a short step deck and maybe use the top deck for some light stuff?

Before you pay for parts to covert your brakes just buy axles. I paid $3200 for a steer axle and rear complete cutoff. I sold the 5th wheel for $1000 and the low air suspension for $1500. So basically I converted my truck to disk brakes for $1700 where a single caliper is $950+core.

Short answer be.. have something I can still pull with a Pickup to move toys.... Etc

This Crossman is 49' long from hitch to bumper.. a 40' step deck would be nice..shorten me up 9' and increase manuverability....
though would need a 13-18" pin center to clear the cab.. current C2A is 60"

I was looking at doing a type of cut-off conversion... If/when I swap to air brakes.. Haven't really looked very hard yet... Been other stuff at the top of the to do list..

Looks good. Daytona beach should be nice. Gotra say I kinda envy you

I’m kinda looking forward to it as long as things go smoothly and I can get by the scales. I won’t be legal

I’m kinda looking forward to it as long as things go smoothly and I can get by the scales. I won’t be legal

It's easier to get in/out of FL through AL/MS vs GA

Ever use that jack reports app?

Truckers path is a good one

Short answer be.. have something I can still pull with a Pickup to move toys.... Etc

This Crossman is 49' long from hitch to bumper.. a 40' step deck would be nice..shorten me up 9' and increase manuverability....

though would need a 13-18" pin center to clear the cab.. current C2A is 60"

I was looking at doing a type of cut-off conversion... If/when I swap to air brakes.. Haven't really looked very hard yet... Been other stuff at the top of the to do list..

So you want air brake and still want to be able to use it with a pickup? You can buy a cheap trailer for your pickup for what the hydraulic over air setup would cost.

Friend took 2 wrecked 45’ East flats he paid like $8k each for and made a set of doubles so it would be easy to shorten a used step. Especially since an EBY gooseneck is $30k after FET

Back