Truckers, lets see your rigs!

So you want air brake and still want to be able to use it with a pickup? You can buy a cheap trailer for your pickup for what the hydraulic over air setup would cost.

Friend took 2 wrecked 45’ East flats he paid like $8k each for and made a set of doubles so it would be easy to shorten a used step. Especially since an EBY gooseneck is $30k after FET

Wilson can get EoH disc on 20k axles.. from what I've gathered it's a Hendricks air disc with a HYD caliper on the rotors or a version of it...

I was going to setup and run an actuator per axle, built in redundant system..

I have yet to find a hydraulic or electric over air brake system..I have found/used EoH and air over hydraulic (AoH)

I've thought about finding a used step-deck and redoing it... I'm guessing it would be an involved project.. but not nearly the scoop of what I did with the mutt... I'm not sure I want to do THAT again :lolly:

Wilson can get EoH disc on 20k axles.. from what I've gathered it's a Hendricks air disc with a HYD caliper on the rotors or a version of it...

I was going to setup and run an actuator per axle, built in redundant system..

I have yet to find a hydraulic or electric over air brake system..I have found/used EoH and air over hydraulic (AoH)

I've thought about finding a used step-deck and redoing it... I'm guessing it would be an involved project.. but not nearly the scoop of what I did with the mutt... I'm not sure I want to do THAT again :lolly:

https://www.mico.com/products/valves/pressure-modulating-valves/relay-valves

Last edited:
41’ from kingpin to last axle. No more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Probably written when they were still using 45ft trailers. No way a fixed axle 48 or even a normal sliding axle 53 gets that short.

Probably written when they were still using 45ft trailers. No way a fixed axle 48 or even a normal sliding axle 53 gets that short.
CA is 41' kingpin to center of rear for over 48' trailers. We had some 48' step decks that we put 5' beavertails on, same trailer but no longer legal lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So are you telling me I’m wrong? Cause I’m new to having to worry about this law lol

Guys I'm pretty damn sure the Florida law is only for 10 ft spreads.

California is 40 ft to REAR axle for anything over 48 ft. Awww shucks means I can't go there.

Edit: just looked it up. Anything over 8 foot spread the axles are not considered groups so it's 41 feet to the rear axle if your spread is over 8 feet. But anything 8 feet and under is a group so it's to the center of the axles. You can get a permit for this anyways I believe. Best to call.

Last edited:

California is 40 ft to REAR axle for anything over 48 ft. Awww shucks means I can't go there.

Edit: just looked it up. Anything over 8 foot spread the axles are not considered groups so it's 41 feet to the rear axle if your spread is over 8 feet. But anything 8 feet and under is a group so it's to the center of the axles. You can get a permit for this anyways I believe. Best to call.

Best is just to roll and not worry about it.

All the retarded states full of idiot drivers have a kingpin law (like all of Canada but Ontario’s tractor wheelbase law is the dumbest) US drivers can get around with a 300” WB truck long trailers but the Canadians can’t handle it. My 50’ trailer isn’t legal in a lot of states like Indiana and have never been touched. The state laws can suck it when your just passing through.

One reason to run EoH disc....is ABS is not a requirement for trailers with hydraulic brakes..
393.55 is the abs section for vehicles MFG after said dates..
Hyd tow vehicle required after 3/1/99 (got out OOS on my red dually cause of this..)
Air brake tractor truck vehicles after 3/1/97
Air brake CMV other than tractor truck after 3/1/98

These guys do make a EoH abs 4-6 channel system
https://tusonrvbrakes.com/products/abs

Which means my 53ft trailer with the fixed axle at the back won’t work.
Also means I’m not buying a permit.

Which means my 53ft trailer with the fixed axle at the back won’t work.
Also means I’m not buying a permit.

Make your delivery address Cuba and they can’t mess with you if your just passing through.

TN also has some weird law. Kingpin to rear of trailer 50 feet or less which means on a 53 the kingpin has to be 36" or more. Mine is only 24" so it's not legal.

As close to pulling a grain hopper again as I plan on getting.
274fae0f6529d24cb55f3a23c0c9dd9f.jpg

Pretty nice peterbilt exhaust on that unit

Florida is pretty flat. Should be able to squeak out some good bsfcs down there

BSFC’s are determined by the sticker on the block, you can’t change that duh.

Friend has a 6.2L F150 Raptor that with him driving gets 10mpg or below. I saw one today pulling a camper, bet that’s a gallon per mile unit.

Don’t you have some snow to shovel ahole?

Back