Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I know everyone loves Detroits but after working on the greasy bastards you really appreciate the other makes that actually can seal there engines up.

I know everyone loves Detroits but after working on the greasy bastards you really appreciate the other makes that actually can seal there engines up.

There's a fire engine factory near me and i know a few guys who work there and they laugh because the Detroits leak in the crates.

I'm doing the dumbest thing I've ever done before I guess and looking at getting my own truck. I really like that 96 379 but I don't like that bunk. I'm scared of that aluminum frame and that price on the stretched beauty is out of my price range.
I'm trying to narrow down what I should be looking for in a truck.

Cleaned it all up since I finally got all the grain hauled.
[ame="http://s109.photobucket.com/user/FarmboyAC/media/semi3_zps210df106.jpg.html"]semi3_zps210df106.jpg Photo by FarmboyAC | Photobucket[/ame]

Got the 93 out to haul some hay, first time I've driven it since we got the 06. Damn I like that old truck.
[ame="http://s109.photobucket.com/user/FarmboyAC/media/semiwithhay_zps96b05364.jpg.html"]semiwithhay_zps96b05364.jpg Photo by FarmboyAC | Photobucket[/ame]

hhmm Never had this trouble with pics before....

Last edited:
I'm doing the dumbest thing I've ever done before I guess and looking at getting my own truck. I really like that 96 379 but I don't like that bunk. I'm scared of that aluminum frame and that price on the stretched beauty is out of my price range.
I'm trying to narrow down what I should be looking for in a truck.

Anything bigger than a 36" bunk is a waste in my opinion. They just cost you money in less weight to be hauledLOL

Anything bigger than a 36" bunk is a waste in my opinion. They just cost you money in less weight to be hauledLOL

And then there is looks to be thought about lol. They are ugly!

Good lookin wagons!!

Here's the only truck I get to see anymore.
yzygamej.jpg

Went to the chrome shop mafia yesterday and saw these lil fellas
5esyry9u.jpg

Last edited:
I found you one, Rick. Affordable, sleeper, COLD A/C, and you can haul your race car.

attachment.php

LOL

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 0
My first truck was a 94 377 Pete with a 63" flat top, great little money maker. IMHO start with something affordable and work your way up, that way if u are sick of it in a month you can get out of it easy. Chrome and hoods are cool but they don't pay the bills.

I found you one, Rick. Affordable, sleeper, COLD A/C, and you can haul your race car.

attachment.php

LOL
Jory... Your a sick sick man.

My first truck was a 94 377 Pete with a 63" flat top, great little money maker. IMHO start with something affordable and work your way up, that way if u are sick of it in a month you can get out of it easy. Chrome and hoods are cool but they don't pay the bills.

I'm not looking for a show truck but I don't want in it bad enough to just have a butt ugly truck.
I wanna be able to take pride in it. While it doesn't need to be pretty now, I'd like for it to have potential. Just like my buddies dump truck I just posted, we see the diamond in that and it's a work in progress but I just can't drive no ugly wagon.
And besides, I have a sickness, and the only thing that will fix it is HOOD!

I'm going out on my own next year and I'm either buying a 379X or a 379 legacy class edition, I take a great amount of pride in my trucks (as any of you can see in my past pics in this thread) and I refuse to settle, chrome and hoods don't pay the bills, but a truck you don't love makes it miserable.

And I'm only buying a cat engine, I don't want to deal with an ISX

I'm going out on my own next year and I'm either buying a 379X or a 379 legacy class edition, I take a great amount of pride in my trucks (as any of you can see in my past pics in this thread) and I refuse to settle, chrome and hoods don't pay the bills, but a truck you don't love makes it miserable.

You and I think the same...
I was hoping you would chime in some.
I'm seriously looking at getting into it and I'm looking for any insight.

Your not gonna like what I have to say but I'd like to think I'm the voice of reason here. Don't buy any of those trucks your out of your mind if you pay 30k ish for a 96 Pete. Chrome and a long hood don't pay the bills. I payed $7k for an 8 year old Volvo that hasn't cost me dime over thelast 3 years other than routine maintenance. Yes you will catch a lot of flack for the ugly looks but if you don't have thick enough skin to outlast it you were never meant to be an owner operator. Once you can cash off the 30k 1996 Pete then by all means go for it. You deserve a reward for working your ass off.

Let me say I'm not thinking I can pay 30k for a truck. I'm looking at stuff no more than 15k. And to me there is still good looking older trucks in that price range I think.

I'm looking to haul a grain wagon most likely...

On a side note, I won't drive a Volvo.
Anybody look at the aluminum frame truck?

Let me say I'm not thinking I can pay 30k for a truck. I'm looking at stuff no more than 15k. And to me there is still good looking older trucks in that price range I think.

I'm looking to haul a grain wagon most likely...

On a side note, I won't drive a Volvo.
Anybody look at the aluminum frame truck?

Right there is your problem. You gotta be willing to drive ANYTHING. If you can't do that don't buy a truck. As for that aluminum frame? No. The newer, say 98 and up with aluminum are okay but not that old.

The way I see it though... This is a choice, so therefore I'll drive what I LIKE. I felt the same on the aluminum frame.

I like this...
http://springfield.craigslist.org/cto/3735135836.html
http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/3789640961.html

Last edited:
Back