turning the barrels?

My truck doesn't idle bad, but, as soon as I bump up the injectors, (When I have them out), I plan to balance the pump with those graduated cylinders. The only thing that really went out of whack was the GSK adjustment, and there's alot more power in the midrange, and the pedal is lighter and more touchy, feels like the truck lost 1,500Lbs.

Is 50mL enough for each cylinder? Sounds a little low to me....

Merrick

well I don't know if 50ml is enough, I was just saying that the graduated cylinders are not expensive. I would think you would want plastic ones so you could put some type of drain valve on the bottom to empty the cylinders make an adjustment and then retest, until they are balanced.

I new you were joking. I just wanted to fish for suckers. Look i caught one!!

hahahahahahahahahahaha..........
Brad....You know who the suckers really are,those who believe your bullschizz you post about your "proper presentation".

Well obviously your great pump shops dont know chit, or you still wouldn't be chasing the 600 dream,

Obviously...
You are talking out of your azz again and out of turn.IF you knew who was responsible for the pumps I have then you would know that there is nothing wrong with the fuel system.The gentleman who built the pumps is well known,respected and has had his pumps grace some of the hardest running P-pump trucks and VE pumped trucks in the country.BTW Dipshizz,It was one of his pumps that came into our dyno roll way back 2004 and laid down a 792hp on fuel alone,something that stood until a year ago when John_P came in and laid down 802.I am certain that the trail and error part of my work ethic on this truck is there,I have the stack of dyno charts to prove that.

Im still curious of whos cam I installed Incorrectly?
Do I need to have the machine shop gang slip in to talk about it?.I do not think thats something you want to happen.

116......Brett....116

this is getting a lil retarded.... all i wanted to do was turn the barrels on my pump, and i did, yes it fueled way harder. Im sorry i dont have 3grand to spend on a custom set of twins, maybe if the economy didnt suck @$$ right now i could. I was just trying to figure out how to make the pump fuel more. learn a lil bit to. yes i no my pump doesnt flow evenly. but i can set it back pretty damn easy. :blahblah1:

Brad....You know who the suckers really are,those who believe your bullschizz you post about your "proper presentation".

Obviously...
You are talking out of your azz again and out of turn.IF you knew who was responsible for the pumps I have then you would know that there is nothing wrong with the fuel system.The gentleman who built the pumps is well known,respected and has had his pumps grace some of the hardest running P-pump trucks and VE pumped trucks in the country.BTW Dipshizz,It was one of his pumps that came into our dyno roll way back 2004 and laid down a 792hp on fuel alone,something that stood until a year ago when John_P came in and laid down 802.I am certain that the trail and error part of my work ethic on this truck is there,I have the stack of dyno charts to prove that.

Do I need to have the machine shop gang slip in to talk about it?.I do not think thats something you want to happen.

116......Brett....116

Keep Hatin Andy, Yes please do tell me, If I made a mistake I will surely would like to know about it. Unless your full of chit and just tryin to puke a rumor, I run a strait shop and take pride in my work and it speaks for it's self

this is getting a lil retarded.... all i wanted to do was turn the barrels on my pump, and i did, yes it fueled way harder. Im sorry i dont have 3grand to spend on a custom set of twins, maybe if the economy didnt suck @$$ right now i could. I was just trying to figure out how to make the pump fuel more. learn a lil bit to. yes i no my pump doesnt flow evenly. but i can set it back pretty damn easy. :blahblah1:

Did you turn them CW tell they stopped, sure it will give quite a bit more fueling but I also wonder just how far off the balance is. How far would you say they turned before they stopped, maybe back them all off a bit from bottomed out. Did you mark them so they could be put right back close to where they were? Ryan

Some people don't like when others try to do things on there own.

I remember gunracer1 was getting hated on when he went to build his own set of twins, and do his own p-pump swap on a VP-44 truck. Whoo.. Wow, he had to wear two flame suits.

Keep it up. When I build my little pump balance tester, I'll let you borrow it.

Merrick

Its not really off that bad. it idles ok. kinda has a lope to it now, but it fits the HD CAMS stickers on my fenders... lol.... i took a chisel and punched a line on my pump so i could put them back, i turned my all the way till they hit the studs coming out of the pump.

Only people with 300 posts or less can borrow it, all the rest, I have to charge. LOL.

Sure. I gotta build it first, LOL.

Merrick

Since when does it require twins to run a properly tuned pump? :what:

Obviously...

116......Brett....116

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Don't sweat it Andy...they ain't worth the bother! They wouldn't know a good pump if they saw one! LOL They probly also think you need a 13mm pump with an rsv governor for anything over 600hp.

Last edited:
railhor5.9....
I will ask this since we all see you have a EGT problem already BEFORE you "turned" your barrels......

With already having an EGT issue and you also saying you do not have the cash to rectify the lacking of air,why would you then add more fuel to an already overfueled truck that can not be cooled with the charger you have?.

Sounds like a recipe for problems....

lets keep this one civil, gentlemen

That got tossed along time ago in some other posts which keep carrying over.Not going to happen,sorry.So you know,I was "civil" as what I really want to say will have me exiting faster than Nolan Deas did a while back.I appreciate your concern Will,but,thanks I do not need it yet.

lets keep this one civil, gentlemen

I second this. Some great info in this thread for those who want to try this and also know the potential downfalls associated with not getting it exactly right.

If there's issues beyond what the OP has started this thread regarding than take it somewhere else. Enough with the bs. So what if you have doubts, unless you are the god of p-pump which no one in this thread is, then stfu$.02

Nick...
I should have figured you would slip in and add your ****ing two cents.

You know who should STFU......YOU!!!!!...No One asked you to slip in here.

Man I tire of all the azz kissing on this site you do.......

Nick...

You insult people who do top notch work, you can't make over 550 hp with a damn bench tuned pump, and now this, thatisall........

You take work away from someone with trade skills to save some money, then blame the economy as being the cause? How ironic, and to think why this does not sit well with self proprietors.

Nick...

That's keeping it Civil.

Nice.

Anyway, you never answered a private msg I sent you years ago asking to buy your drilled crossover tubes you had for sale. I sent it two times, no answer either time.

Merrick

Back