turning the barrels?

You take work away from someone with trade skills to save some money, then blame the economy as being the cause? How ironic, and to think why this does not sit well with self proprietors.

:clap: Very well said!

Since when does it require twins to run a properly tuned pump? :what:

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Don't sweat it Andy...they ain't worth the bother! They wouldn't know a good pump if they saw one! LOL They probly also think you need a 13mm pump with an rsv governor for anything over 600hp.

Awwww, now don't go making fun of us idiots that jumped on the 13mm pump before we paid our dues. It came with fresh paint and a cool padded box, who wouldn't want one.

Egts dont always mean power. Proper presentation of the fuel after the air is the key. Food for thought.
You've always said that, and I'm one of the few that listened. It's not a smart a** comment like some believe.

I set my truck up that way, and just set my brother's up the same. 12.181@114.633 for me and 11.91@113.48 for him with 6800lb+ trucks must mean we're making a little bit of power.

Its not a daily driver, i do plan on getting a turbo one day soon. i just did it to see what the difference would be. well i see every one has a problem with trying something new. so im turning them back right now.

Its not a daily driver, i do plan on getting a turbo one day soon. i just did it to see what the difference would be. well i see every one has a problem with trying something new. so im turning them back right now.

Who said that turning barrels was a new idea?

I think that everyone who is against the idea of doing it on the truck has expressed concerns of getting the pump balanced right. I've seen the spec sheets for the ones we use at work and there is no way I would consider trying to balance one without the proper equipment.

I am all in with people doing there own work on there trucks. If I play with my truck it is for my own knowledge. Guess what everything we have tried in the past has not all ways worked. But I will share what I have learned

i think im going to do this too. if i dont like it, it will go back to stock. its going to go to a pump shop sooner or later anyways.

Garrett

I barely turned my barrels. I was expecting to do a 1/4 turn or what not, but, all mine moved less than 1/8" before they were on the stops...

Merrick

That's keeping it Civil.

Nice.

Anyway, you never answered a private msg I sent you years ago asking to buy your drilled crossover tubes you had for sale. I sent it two times, no answer either time.

Merrick

Merrick...
Since I never ever had a 24v truck and never had any parts for sale associated with a 24v truck.Sorry man,you have the incorrect person.

As for keeping it civil....
Tell me how one can keep anything civil when people post that have no interest in what is being said other than continuing the flame war or pile on.

Chris.....
I guess....

BrettWinspeed...
Again...
As I have said already we have done extensive testing with AFC mods.In those tests there was not enough gained to even warrant even a big consideration.In those tests the AFC was even changed out to a unit which came off of another companies pump.Tuning with that AFC netted nothing more than what had gained with the one that was on the test truck and the total gain again was nothing to brag about.You can chatter all you want about "proper presentation" of fuel but with all the tests done that day on the twins truck which was used nothing substantial was gained.

You insult people who do top notch work, you can't make over 550 hp with a damn bench tuned pump

REALLY????.....
So what your telling me then is a owner drops a wad on a built pump from one of the reputable pump shops who do build our pumps.Knowing how the fuel is designed to flow,where the pump is set to go into full travel and how far the pump is set to pull that fuel means that NO ONE will make over 550hp from a stand built pump.I do not get your loigic at all and if that was the case then I am certain that the big pump shops would not be in existence if you were correct in what you say.If I am correct are you not the same person whose truck never went above 500hp when strapped to a jet?.Funny to me how your truck,with all your knowledge made about 60hp less than mine which is equipped with a smaller charger and the same injectors you used for the 484 blast.Keep smooching away dude....

Tell me how one can keep anything civil when people post that have no interest in what is being said other than continuing the flame war or pile on.
It's called being the bigger man...

You might want to try it sometime...

Merrick...
Since I never ever had a 24v truck and never had any parts for sale associated with a 24v truck.Sorry man,you have the incorrect person.

Maybe another hammer on another board... hmmm. My bad to accuse you then.
I'm sorry.
Continue on.

I'm far from argumentive, so, I have no need to defend myself on why I think turning the barrels is a good idea to try out if you understand the risks, and side effects...

How about this.. The truck I turned the barrels on, and has a built trans, only has a trans temp gauge, and factory dash. No boost, ir EGT gauges. OE Turbo, wastegate plugged.

Merrick

Merrick...

Chris.....
I guess....

BrettWinspeed...
Again...
As I have said already we have done extensive testing with AFC mods.In those tests there was not enough gained to even warrant even a big consideration.In those tests the AFC was even changed out to a unit which came off of another companies pump.Tuning with that AFC netted nothing more than what had gained with the one that was on the test truck and the total gain again was nothing to brag about.You can chatter all you want about "proper presentation" of fuel but with all the tests done that day on the twins truck which was used nothing substantial was gained.

REALLY????.....
So what your telling me then is a owner drops a wad on a built pump from one of the reputable pump shops who do build our pumps.Knowing how the fuel is designed to flow,where the pump is set to go into full travel and how far the pump is set to pull that fuel means that NO ONE will make over 550hp from a stand built pump.I do not get your loigic at all and if that was the case then I am certain that the big pump shops would not be in existence if you were correct in what you say.If I am correct are you not the same person whose truck never went above 500hp when strapped to a jet?.Funny to me how your truck,with all your knowledge made about 60hp less than mine which is equipped with a smaller charger and the same injectors you used for the 484 blast.Keep smooching away dude....

refer my original quote, eventually when you get all growed up and open you're mind a bit, you'll see that we all don't live in some kind of "full andy consipiracy" land but actually do make the power, track times, and numbers we claim. Until then I intend to enjoy, as many others do on this board, your idiocy:hehe: *awaits next incredible that's impossible post*

Im with hammer, the "lets play nice and make sure nobodys feelings get hurt" circle jerk gets old.....

Im with hammer, the "lets play nice and make sure nobodys feelings get hurt" circle jerk gets old.....

And what exactly is that?

The don't work on your own truck, and only pay the pro's to do any modifications circle?

Merrick

And what exactly is that?

The don't work on your own truck, and only pay the pro's to do any modifications circle?

Merrick

:hehe: I am one of the last people to tell anybody to pay the "pro's" to do anything to their truck........

Ever had a pump stick WFO on you......???

:hehe: I am one of the last people to tell anybody to pay the "pro's" to do anything to their truck........

Yes. A 13mm pump with 6k springs. Luckily I was under the turbo's and was able to lock the TC and stall her out...

Merrick

White knuckle ride of my life, still don't know I kept it off the roof.....how about Gods grace!

Jim

White knuckle ride of my life, still don't know I kept it off the roof.....how about Gods grace!

Jim

Having seen where it happened, I've got some serious respect for your driving skills and ability to think straight in a crisis!

Hammer afc tuning does nothing at all its a big joke.Thats why with a soft spring in it you get to much fuel to soon and it causes the turbo not to light as well and take alot longer to reach full boost on a heavy fueled truck.I remember when brett started playing with his truck on the dyno and how much it helped out when he switched out for a stiffer spring.

Back