Ukiah, CA results

If some of you are unfamiliar with all the faces in the shopping cart derby, in the carts are Chris Sutton, Yours Truly, and Jeremy (MLM), the movers and shakers behind the carts are Nick D'amico (otherwise known to the public as the 2006 diesel power challenge west coast champ), Craig (BBR/MLM), and Kevo Massetti (MLM).

Last edited:
Oohhhh that gal was nuts! Seriously I can't believe she left, went home, picked up her "goods", came back and sat there on our cooler... did you notice that? she was sitting on the cooler WITHOUT the lid, since YOU were on the lid lmao. And I asked if I could user her 4runner, she said 'well sure, it can't get fukked up anymore then it already is' lmao, she was right, that thing was beat to chit inside and stripped down to the bare frame. I asked her where the keys were and she's like, oh they're in it LOL... No carpet on the floor or mats or anything lol. The clutch was going too, but I made it work. Thank goodness they finally took up the slack on that rope or you'da been 40 feet back there slingin around like a rag doll. I really wanted those curbs and light poles out of there. Damn segregated parking lots LOL.

Still shots of the Parking Lot Olympics

I do believe this is where it ALL started to go down hill last night, when Tommy tried to pull of the Mike Dillehay look of 'Skate or Die' and how they roll in So Cal.

Starting line for Shopping Cart Races

Special "Manual Lift" was installed in the D'Amico/Sutton cart to allow for assistance in Sutton's exit from the buggy. Kind of like those lazy boys with the hydraulic lift that dumps the elderly out into the living room floor lol

Tommy preps on the starting line... takes one last swig for the road.

But somehow, we couldn't get him to give up his beer... he soon discovered you can't pour beer through the face shield of a helmet. Not a happy camper! We're working on a mod that includes a straw.

After our initial build on the cooler lid races, we realized that we'd need something with more HP that didn't wear out so fast... when we saw our team members looked like this afterwards, we realized it wasn't good news, we instantly went back to the drawing boards. And from here, it's all on video!

That sh*t is too funny. Except you can't really hear whats going on with Ang screaming!! :what:

Damn it Ang, don't let me leave so early next time. I would have been glad to pull the crowd around behind my truck. Next time I will make sure I am the last to leave. I am dying laughing over your vids. :hehe:

Keep Strokin',
Howard

BTW: Here's a link to the vids my wife took of the pulls http://sledpulls.hhreloading.com

Freaking awesome! We at the PCRA support all types of cooler motorsports LOL

Looks like a great time.:rockwoot: Tom, the Dillehay impersonation is priceless. :hehe::hehe:

There is nothing I like more than to see my crew upholding the safety rules. The next planned lid races are going to be after the Reno and Gardnerville pulls in the Carson Valley Inn parking lot. This should be exciting as it will have more of a road race feel to it.

Tom please tell your replacement driver to be prepared for the task at hand!

strokin_early99 said:
Damn it Ang, don't let me leave so early next time. I would have been glad to pull the crowd around behind my truck. Next time I will make sure I am the last to leave. I am dying laughing over your vids. :hehe:

Keep Strokin',
Howard

BTW: Here's a link to the vids my wife took of the pulls http://sledpulls.hhreloading.com

LOL well my truck was there... but they decided it has TOO much HP to pull Tommy around a parking lot safely lol, Soooo yours definitely wouldn't work! It was hilarious though ;)

Jeez, wished I would have stuck around after seeing those festivities. Drive back to Salinas wasn't too bad, saw a couple car chases on the 101 south of San Jose, so that was the interesting part of my night.
Truck ran better than it has in the past events and even surprised me a bunch. I will get my videos posted up soon, back on OT here at work so free time in limited.
Great event and awesome track conditions, probably the best all year so far. On to Hollister from here and hopefully some in between if time permits.:)

Joe

RedPuller said:
Jeez, wished I would have stuck around after seeing those festivities. Drive back to Salinas wasn't too bad, saw a couple car chases on the 101 south of San Jose, so that was the interesting part of my night.
Truck ran better than it has in the past events and even surprised me a bunch. I will get my videos posted up soon, back on OT here at work so free time in limited.
Great event and awesome track conditions, probably the best all year so far. On to Hollister from here and hopefully some in between if time permits.:)

Joe

Joe it was nice getting to meet you this weekend! It's funny how you talk to people on here and don't even realize who they are at the events. You had an awesome pull! Great job! Can't wait to see how the video's turned out. Especially the T. Colesanti=aka fire blower LOL. I'll have to look into video camera's now, I loved yours!

My name is Kevo, I'm new to this here site. Looks like you guys are fun. I've got some pretty *****'n video of the inaugural cart races and lid pulls too. Not too sure how to get them from that little video camera onto this here computer screen though. I'll try to get someone to figure that out. I don't think my helmet will ever smell the same either. Thank you Tom. An open face helmet may better accomodate the marlboro man. I'm also looking into dismantling a coffin sized ice chest for a new "team" lid racing class. Tom, I think we topped the beaver cream story from the fandango. Good work.

Nice meeting you too Angela.
Thanks for taking the video of my truck as well as others, you work the camera well. If your thinking of getting a "video" camera there are lots of nicer, more "up-to-date" cameras available. Mine is the mini disc camera and now I am wishing i had one of the newer digital video cameras so I wouldn't have to deal with all the discs and just had a hard drive.
I'll get the videos up as soon as I can.......

Joe

Kevo Fever said:
My name is Kevo, I'm new to this here site. Looks like you guys are fun. I've got some pretty *****'n video of the inaugural cart races and lid pulls too. Not too sure how to get them from that little video camera onto this here computer screen though. I'll try to get someone to figure that out. I don't think my helmet will ever smell the same either. Thank you Tom. An open face helmet may better accomodate the marlboro man. I'm also looking into dismantling a coffin sized ice chest for a new "team" lid racing class. Tom, I think we topped the beaver cream story from the fandango. Good work.

I think you are correct kevo saying we topped the Fandango, but that story will not be forgotton. Team lidding sounds like a lot of fun, thinking I could sit on the back and smoke and drink without worrying about not having enough hands. Next time, I will have to get hammered again and have another "brainstorm".

-Tom

I can see it now--bigger cooler lid could hold 2 people--like them bobsledders and then we could get a mega one to maybe hold for--since I'm the safety director for these events(I safely held two beers in the cart races and held a few others during Tom's slide to fame and made sure the cooler actually held the beer, instead of being adapted for other uses) I will have to post some rules when I get time---but here's a few to ponder:

CART RACES/COOLER LID DRAG

RULE #1---DRINK
RULE #2---DRINK MORE
RULE #3---DRINK SOME MORE
RULE #4---SEE #1, #2, #3

OTHER RULES TO FOLLOW---

It was entertaining no doubt and a ton of fun---

truck has a broken rear u-joint, broken front c/v joint, possible t-case damage, possible front diff damage, possible rear diff damage and not sure what else--I with some help for Psychostroker removed the t-case and drive shafts and sent them with Don of DND REARs to be massaged back into shape--I'll know later in a couple of days if the t-case bit it and then I will start to figure out how to put it back together with what parts--maybe 271 t-case and upgrade the rear to 1480 and who knows what else--probably slap in a ARB in the rear and finally put in my SCS axles and some other goodies that have been in the garage for way to long---

mega thanks to the MLM crew for towing my broken arse back down to KC CUSTOMS(Psychostroker) and to Psychostroker for use of his shop, thanks to Tom for the help dislodging the rear driveshaft and to Troy(J&H) and his wife Phyllis and cousin Tony for hanging with me and giving me a ride to AppleBees---

also many thanks to the evening participants for keeping my spirits up---now I must add that there was some carnage at the cart races--my motor(Nick D'Amico) lost a big toe--well he didn't lose it but it developed a leak when we got bumped into the storm drain, which almost sent me tumbling out of the cart more than once, but due to Nick's cat like reflexes he was able to save the night while thinking of my safety and totally disregarding his leaking digit---not to worry we administered beer aid and he seemed fine by the time morning rolled around or maybe he didn't feel anything(I'm not sure)---

chris

oh yea, also these evening events are by invite only--of course if you bring beer your automatically invited, but bring enough for everyone and just not yourself--remember I drink coors light(as do others) and guinness and a few others as long as they are of the "NO PRESERVATIVES" type(health issues)--please bring cooler(with ice) also and it helps if the lid is detachable(because it could be called into service at a moments notice)-----Chris

Dang, Sutton...
It's good to see SOMEBODY finally stepped up as the West Coast post-pull events coordinator.

well someone had to do it----

oh yea and least you think you can just stradle on up and kneel on any ol board and fly off into the night---fawgetaboutit---

RULE #5---bring your own or you may be able to rent one(beers are the only acceptable currency) and if you bring your own it will be tech'd--this includes contents of the cooler---

RULE #6---you must have the cooler that the lid belongs to at the event---there's no swapping lids of different makes--

RULE #7---cooler lids must have an attachment point that is deemed safe

RULE #8---penalties are issued on site and payable on site and there's no *****ing or else your cooler will be confiscated along with the contents--contents will be tested by the tech-sters(drinkers) (you may be asked to help in teching so it may not be all that bad)----

RULE #9---lids must meet width and length requirements and that will be determined on site

chris

Kevo Fever... that guy is WIIIIIIILD. I swear he sounds like Pauly Shore too when he's drunk and whoopin it up.

Sutton, poor Log Cabin!! I'll clear some room out in the freezer to store the salmon until the smoker gets fixed! Hope that's SOON! You gonna drag your busted arse in a gasser up to Reno???

D'Amico's total Hillbilly. And only hillbilly's can take their shirts off at these events LOL!

Back