VE pump to P-Pump

i was told the spray pattern on 2nd gen injectors is different than the 1st gen, does that make a difference? the way i understood, 2nd gen injectors and 1st gen pistons will make lots of smoke and high egt's.

The non IC ones have a different bowl design which is the correct bowl for 370 marine injectors. I have not heard of any differences in the IC first gens.Rich

Yes you will need a set of stock 2nd gen injector bodies with your choice (size) of 1st gen tips in them. 2nd gen bodies are needed to thread onto the p-pump injector lines and for the correct pop pressure and the 1st gen tips are for the spray pattern. 1st gen trucks seem to respond best to a 6 hole tip by my experience.

a 6 hole injector on a p-7100 is going to be pretty big if you daily drive it...i would think it would get old really fast

Also, most of the old VE engines don't have the piston cooling nozzles on them...could be an issue if you'll be towing with it.

Oh, and BTW RonA...do you happen to have anymore pictures of your twins??

Chris

When I do my P-pump swap I am going to use a set of stock IC nozzles. I would love to use non IC nozzles but I can't see those fitting very easily. A 4 hole tip would be good for a daily driver.

I have a complete 96 p-pump motor out of a rolled truck. So basicly I can just drop it in place of my ve motor in my 92 non intercooled? What all needs changed for that? Wiring for the fuel shut off, and power steering adapted to the gear box, is there anything else?

Yes You can just bolt it in you will need to use the the trans adapter for whichever trans you will be using . A 24valve throttle cable would be best (12valve cable fits but is tight) . Remove the elbow off of the P pump turbo and the first gen exhaust pipe will clamp to it. The intercooler off of the 2nd gen can be used mounted upside down using 2 of the factory short 2nd gen intercooler pipes.
0614081823.jpg

I cut the grill out and used an 89 dodge shadow AC condenser with a Mercedes Diesel oilcooler for my trans cooler (along with the factory water cooled one) .
0611081115.jpg

0923081923.jpg

If you have any Questions I will try and answer them. Rich

Back