vp 44 pulling set up?

silver buck

Not enough time
Does anybody really pull with the vp 44 anymore, and if so what kind of set ups do you have and how do they work out? I'm just about ready to ppump my 24v because i cant get the rpm with the vp44 that the ppump can with full fueling past 3000'r. just trying to stay competitve at the brush pulls is getting harder to keep up with.

Monster mike pump, try that with a redline box.

Wanted: tapatalk signature

There is a stage 3 monster pump up for sale should have no issue doing you a good job.

ok i know where a monster pump is for 2grand. but in the end, can i keep a s474 lite going all the way down the track? and it a nv4500 pulling 4lo 3rd gear with 3.55 gears. i feel like its gonna snuff out.

off topic, hey 24vriviera how do you like the Contagious 7x.014's injectors, thats what im running right now and they seem pretty powerful. plus there easy to manage driving down the street. hard to keep egt's down tho

do a search for 'cummin get it'. hes been doing pretty well around here.

off topic, hey 24vriviera how do you like the Contagious 7x.014's injectors, thats what im running right now and they seem pretty powerful. plus there easy to manage driving down the street. hard to keep egt's down tho

I don't have near as much load going down the road as you guys do, that being said, my egts are very manageable, it doesn't get hot until i turn on the comp over 3, but i have a larger primary coming to fix that. And i do like the injectors a lot, they haze a bit at cold idle and under light load.. And i can black out a highway easily... But i can drive completely around the smoke as well.. So i do like them a lot.

ya thats my tho to. i really like them. i feel with my drag comp on 5x5 its more easy to manage egt's then with it off, but i piss off alot of people shifting gears. so i leave it off

The key to making a vp work pulling is to gear it where the engine makes power. They won't make good power over 3200. A well set up vp engine should have no problem keeping a 475 lit pulling in your final. They'll keep large chargers lit

We run our VP44 Truck with the Redline & Drag Box for timing only & seems to run really good for pulling. Turbo lites really fast but EGTs are up there with running 6X24.Mind you, EGTs have always been high on our truck for some reason?

Silver buck let me know what you want to know I'll tell you. I pulled all season against p pumps and cp3 all around 1000hp or higher. I pulled 6 times and place 2nd 5 out of 6 times. You can make some descent power with a vp and as long as you can put it to the ground with a decent chassi setup you will be completive for sure.

I'm still pullin a vp truck. It has been a few years but now I' m back in the game. My truck is fairly competitive. The chassis is set up real well to compete but I still need to find another 2-300 hp to be in the #1 or #2 spot every nite. I run a redline/smarty stack with a monster pump and hurricane inj.

Hey thanks for all the input. its been a hard year for my dodge, and im just sick of the dmax's walking all over me. hey skidmann and old blue, how well does the redline work and is it worth the money.

Back