vp 44 pulling set up?

The key to making a vp work pulling is to gear it where the engine makes power. They won't make good power over 3200. A well set up vp engine should have no problem keeping a 475 lit pulling in your final. They'll keep large chargers lit

Agreed! I had a lot of fun pulling with my VP once I realized 4k RPMs we not ideal for getting the power to the ground in a VP truck. And I have a Stage 3 Monster Pump for sale that would supply all the fuel a 66mm charger can handle.

The key to making a vp work pulling is to gear it where the engine makes power. They won't make good power over 3200. A well set up vp engine should have no problem keeping a 475 lit pulling in your final. They'll keep large chargers lit

This guy has a good running truck i must say.

Agreed! I had a lot of fun pulling with my VP once I realized 4k RPMs we not ideal for getting the power to the ground in a VP truck. And I have a Stage 3 Monster Pump for sale that would supply all the fuel a 66mm charger can handle.

I noticed from your avatar that you went ahead and switched to a p pump. Was that just for rpm or are you making more hp?

Might be a hair off track but what would be the best charger to run in a 2.8 class with monster vp and 6x18

I sent a redline box a little old school? Can you not get the same and then some out of a smarty with the new tunes?

Not on a vp, a fueling box is necessary unless you have a big monster pump

TURBO CHARGER
Vehicles are limited to two turbochargers only.
Single turbo maximum turbo inlet/outlet size is no larger than 3"and bushed to 2.8". No part of the inside of the bushing shall be larger than 2.8".
For twin turbos, the inducer bore on the atmosphere compressor housing(s) may be no larger than 2.3 inches primary and 2.65 inches secondary measured at the smallest diameter area of the compressor wheel.
A stock map width enhancement (MWE) groove is permitted. No MWE groove may be wider than 1/4 inch. All provisions allowing air to the compressor wheel other than via the bore and MWE grooves are prohibited.

these are the rules from my pulling assosciation im with red river valley up here in north dakota
currently running a sulver bullet 66 /80/14

Sounds like you need to invest in a s478 bushinged down to a 2.8. Unless you got alot of money sittin around for one of the higher end turbos.

Ya that engine didn't sound right from what I was told idk tho I was in the pits cooling mine down. I was also told it made 1100hp but I never seen proof. Let me guess tho another melted cr? Imagine that LOL

Actually that truck is a p-pump 24v. I believe he stuck an injector after that weekend.

I ran an S476 on mine, ran very good and was competivie back in 2010. But yeah a redline is necassary and they act different on every truck! Mine would come off the line around 4300 and sing around 3700-3900 down the track. I sold it back in 2010 but its still a vp

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeFhw2uqGhQ"]Matt Gilmore at Mokane - YouTube[/ame] new owner

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXDdnhKG1EA"]2 6 NADM Show me Smokers 31 JUL09 - YouTube[/ame] this is when i had it, 6:40 mark

Back