VP Dynamic Timing Vs. Advancing

I'm sure they have Weston. Alot of people have tried alot of things in life, before the next guy accomplished the task. We live & learn, if we fail, we try something else. Alot of people said that my truck would never make power at 4k rpm, Quadzilla accomplished something that the rest of them could not. I was also told that I couldn't make 600hp with a 64 charger & Mach 5 injectors.:hehe: I'm not saying that I will accomplish 5k rpm with a vp, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna walk away without trying just because the last guy failed. I'm a stubborn sumbeach.:hehe:

I'm right there with ya Jamie. I spent a while on the phone last night discussing this with a few people and I think we will at least be able to find a solution to the ecm issue. Even if we can generate a signal, the problem lies in getting the signal to the ECM at the proper time to coincide with the CMP signal.
Or just trying to override the signal to the timing solenoid itself and screw trying to trick the ECM.

Sean

And remember Weston every truck is different.

Honestly?

As far as the timing issue goes when using a box to do it, there should be no reason to stack with the redline if it takes complete control. Whatever the redline commands should be it. From the dealings I've had with them, the redlines are hardly ever consistent with the timing once they take over. This could be the reason you (Jamie) got more out of the adrenaline up top. If you would have run the redline ten times, you possibly could have had 4 or 5 different outcomes depending on what the redline felt like doing at the time. There is nothing consistent about the redline except for getting you to 4k and costing way too much. On the other hand when you get the Unlimited Plus tune on it then you can turn the kind of R's that I'm running.

Attachments

• Crankin'_some_R's!!!!.JPG
    Crankin'_some_R's!!!!.JPG
    3 KB · Views: 20
I'm right there with ya Jamie. I spent a while on the phone last night discussing this with a few people and I think we will at least be able to find a solution to the ecm issue. Even if we can generate a signal, the problem lies in getting the signal to the ECM at the proper time to coincide with the CMP signal.
Or just trying to override the signal to the timing solenoid itself and screw trying to trick the ECM.

Sean

Good luck dude. Many Minds..... Some of whom folks may consider "experts" tried some of the same stuff 10 years ago.... It didn't work then, but maybe if we talk about it enough, it will work now. Bottom line is you can change signals, offset cams 12 teeth, do whatever, but the VP44 wont pass muster. If there was a glimmer of hope for that pump to do anything, it would have already been done..... Period.

I'm sure they have Weston. Alot of people have tried alot of things in life, before the next guy accomplished the task. We live & learn, if we fail, we try something else. Alot of people said that my truck would never make power at 4k rpm, Quadzilla accomplished something that the rest of them could not. I was also told that I couldn't make 600hp with a 64 charger & Mach 5 injectors.:hehe: I'm not saying that I will accomplish 5k rpm with a vp, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna walk away without trying just because the last guy failed. I'm a stubborn sumbeach.:hehe:

FYI- 6 bills on a single was done long ago, without the aid of a Quad box or any other trickery.

Show us your dyno graph so we can see how it behaves in 600 HP mode, and so we can see this awesome Quad 4k power you speak of.

Good luck dude. Many Minds..... Some of whom folks may consider "experts" tried some of the same stuff 10 years ago.... It didn't work then, but maybe if we talk about it enough, it will work now.

I hear the faint sound of egos shattering and ideas crumbling.

I hear the faint sound of egos shattering and ideas crumbling.

Maybe so, but it wont stop anyone. I can tell someone all day that the glass door is shut, but they will have to plow into it to believe me.

They are now bleeding about the hands and face, and look even dumber for breaking a perfectly good door.

But what about that one person that busts through that glass door?

He did so by getting a CR or a P-Pump LOL

Lemmie give you a bit O' Insight Tyler...... some redneck in the woods was not the person(s) doing this back in 00' It was folks with names like Garmon, Scheid, Haisley, etc. The 'Monster pump'(or whatever you wanna call it) has been around for almost as long, just not sold commercially by those that did it first as it has proven to be horribly unreliable. Changing timing by altering the cam position was done forever ago as well.... didnt work worth a damn.

I don't understand why some folks want to re-invent the freaking wheel when there are less costly alternatives that are proven to work much better.

FYI- 6 bills on a single was done long ago, without the aid of a Quad box or any other trickery.

Show us your dyno graph so we can see how it behaves in 600 HP mode, and so we can see this awesome Quad 4k power you speak of.

Yep, I know it was done long ago....I still had a certain few tell me that I couldn't do it. My graphs are already up on CompD, but I'm sure they won't impress you much.

I am sorry guys, looks like everything has already been tried by people greater than us. Guess we better give up on the idea that they might have overlooked something. I got my truck back tonight & my redline is sitting here, but I'll just go watch some TV & forget about it. It has already been done.

Keep up the good work. Just cause its easier to do something else, doesn't mean people should quit looking at the way old stuff works.

Yep, I know it was done long ago....I still had a certain few tell me that I couldn't do it. My graphs are already up on CompD, but I'm sure they won't impress you much.

I am sorry guys, looks like everything has already been tried by people greater than us. Guess we better give up on the idea that they might have overlooked something. I got my truck back tonight & my redline is sitting here, but I'll just go watch some TV & forget about it. It has already been done.

Oh yeah, those dyno sheets that showed a 50+ HP gain from the dynoJet numbers only a few days earlier? I remember those.... Gotta Love a Mustang when you want some Numbers! If I recall correctly, your truck was an absolute dog under 2k as well right?

Oh yeah, those dyno sheets that showed a 50+ HP gain from the dynoJet numbers only a few days earlier? I remember those.... Gotta Love a Mustang when you want some Numbers! If I recall correctly, your truck was an absolute dog under 2k as well right?

If you call 1 year apart "a few days later", then yep, I guess you are right.:hehe: Apparently you know nothing about dynoes, but to get a turbo charged vehicle to reach full boost, you need to ride the brakes. My numbers didn't start reading until I hit the button on the dyno to start taking a reading. It doesn't show any power till 1700 or 2000rpm because that is when I released the brake & started the reading.

Last edited:
If you call 1 year apart "a few days later", then yep, I guess you are right.:hehe: Apparently you know nothing about dynoes, but to get a turbo charged vehicle to reach full boost, you need to ride the brakes. My numbers didn't start reading until I hit the button on the dyno to start taking a reading. It doesn't show any power till 1700 or 2000rpm because that is when I released the brake & started the reading. I appreciate you telling me about Mustang dyno throwing big numbers, I always thought they were known for showing lower than a dynojet?

I guess this post:
Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together - View Single Post - Drag comp vs. Adrenaline vs. Redline box...same dyno, same truck, same day!

and this one:
Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together - View Single Post - Drag comp vs. Adrenaline vs. Redline box...same dyno, same truck, same day!

Dont count then?

And to anwser your question, Mustangs are known for being inconsistent from machine to machine when compared to the DJ. ....... I'm sure you have an explanation for how you picked up 50-60 Hp going from one balls out tune to the other.

And you dont have to drag brakes to get most street driven trucks to light on a dyno. It does help if you have a lag pig though.

I guess this post:

and this one:

Dont count then?

And to anwser your question, Mustangs are known for being inconsistent from machine to machine when compared to the DJ. ....... I'm sure you have an explanation for how you picked up 50-60 Hp going from one balls out tune to the other.

And you dont have to drag brakes to get most street driven trucks to light on a dyno. It does help if you have a lag pig though.

Nope, those posts don't count at all. That first dyno graph was from a guy on CF. The graphs of mine were different because I was running different boxes on the same day. The redline/drag stack showed low numbers because of the way it was tuned & I also didn't hit full boost. I had to ride the brakes because my tires were turning on the drums & getting smoking hot. The dyno operator was new at doing diesels. My turbo lights at 1300rpm -1400rpm, far from a lag pig. I'm not sure why you are riding my ass!

Nope, those posts don't count at all. That first dyno graph was from a guy on CF. The graphs of mine were different because I was running different boxes on the same day. The redline/drag stack showed low numbers because of the way it was tuned & I also didn't hit full boost. I had to ride the brakes because my tires were turning on the drums & getting smoking hot. The dyno operator was new at doing diesels. My turbo lights at 1300rpm -1400rpm, far from a lag pig. I'm not sure why you are riding my ass!

Sorry- from the first post, I was led to believe that you were the one choosing tuning given the way the post was worded. I dont understand why you would hit the brakes to hinder your tires turning on the drums....they are supposed to turn the drums. 1300 huh? that is like better than stock. how awesome.

Back