VP Dynamic Timing Vs. Advancing

From everything I've seen/read & after trying my truck at 10* timing [pump only]. It seems that my truck is limited because of the crank sensor & ecm shutting it down. It was stated somewhere in this thread that the testing was done in 00'. The 02 trucks weren't out back then. Has anyone actually tried doing these tests with a 02 truck besides 01cumminsSport?

Although my truck doesn't rev higher at 10*, it sure felt like the powerband was at a much higher rpm. I am hoping to get time to dyno at 5* one day to see if any noticeable difference. If it shows the peak at a higher rpm, that is all I could ask for.

It was learned, and is known, as of long ago.

Arrogant: making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights; overbearingly assuming; insolently proud

Weston knows. So everyone else should know.

Arrogant: making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights; overbearingly assuming; insolently proud

Weston knows. So everyone else should know.

Here we go again, the infamous Phily 911, stepping into another topic that he knows nothing about.

I will continue to do something productive, you, and the other people in this thread, continue debating the past.

I will continue to do something productive, you, and the other people in this thread, continue debating the past.

be·lit·tle (bē lit′'l, bi-)

transitive verb belittled -·tled, belittling -·tling

to make seem little, less important, etc.; speak slightingly of; depreciate

It is not "debating the past". We are trying to learn "why" it doesn't work...instead of just saying "it was tried by higher powers "better than you" & they failed. So therefor you will fail." I mean c'mon, you never wanted to understand something for yourself after others telling you it didn't work?

Weston do something that didn't work? Are you serious? Everything weston touches works. He's the chuck norris of the diesel world. He is god. God and chuck norris come to weston for advice.

It's understood why it didn't work, and why it won't work. What isn't understood, is why it is always the same group to come up with these ideas years too late. Then complain about why no one cares, and how we should listen to them, maybe if you just keep posting.

And another joins the fun, how is that PVP pump coming? Or the Chinese triple turbos?

And another joins the fun, how is that PVP pump coming? Or the Chinese triple turbos?

I was enjoying the Chuck Norris comment.
images-1.jpg
But since you asked, better than yours.:thankyou2:

Last edited:
It's understood why it didn't work, and why it won't work. What isn't understood, is why it is always the same group to come up with these ideas years too late. Then complain about why no one cares, and how we should listen to them, maybe if you just keep posting.

Nope. All we've heard so far is that it doesn't work, many people like Sheid, Haisley etc. have tried it & spent alot of time/money. No explanation whatsoever as to "why"? Is the ecm blocking the pump? If so, what part? Which circuit is shutting it down? I want details, I can't just call it quits not knowing exactly what is stopping it. I also want to know why that circuit can't be either bypassed or fooled? "It won't work" is not enough for me.

I also asked if 02 trucks were tested? There goes another unanswered question that needs to be answered before I give up.

Nope. All we've heard so far is that it doesn't work, many people like Sheid, Haisley etc. have tried it & spent alot of time/money. No explanation whatsoever as to "why"? Is the ecm blocking the pump? If so, what part? Which circuit is shutting it down? I want details, I can't just call it quits not knowing exactly what is stopping it. I also want to know why that circuit can't be either bypassed or fooled? "It won't work" is not enough for me.

I also asked if 02 trucks were tested? There goes another unanswered question that needs to be answered before I give up.

I'm right there with out. I know you keep saying the door is closed and we're going to run into it. However, an optimist may say that we are going to notice the stick in the track. And, maybe you are right as well, and the 24v is the only truck that has no benefit from increased timing. But until someone can tell me WHY the a VP 24v with added fuel or RPM won't benefit from increased timing, I'm going to assume it will. Or figure out why it won't if no one is willing to share. I understand keep competitive secrets about the things that do work, but not the things that apparently don't work.

All we are asking at this point is, why didn't it work.
Sean

Back