Wade Moody's S-10 sets new NADM World Record

I like this one LOL

" Our diesel industry is full of Wades who strive everyday to make a difference in diesel technology!"

Believe me when I say we don't take down Mr. Bank's record lightly, he is a formidable business man I don't care to cross.

I don't think GB will be shedding any tears just yet seeing his NADM record broken when he still has the quickest/fastest truck. Banks NHRDA record is 7.77 @ 180MPH

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM_bQ1MxJlE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM_bQ1MxJlE[/ame]

Wow it is quick to get on boost in staging. That is straight up movin out...

Good passes and congrats to that truck.

Is the same guy that spots the staging beams also is in charge of the camera? How many people were at the event?

Good passes and congrats to that truck.

Is the same guy that spots the staging beams also is in charge of the camera? How many people were at the event?

LOL don't be a jerk, Rob

I could hardly hear the truck over the noise of the cheering spectators.

wade never surprises me.. always finds a way to "set records" in secret. kinda like the record he says he set a few years back for the fastest 04, CC, SB, silver with blue graphics, on nitto tires with alloy wheels, and a car seat in the back. that was a one of a kind record that he bragged about. facts.. the truck is fast, it looks great, a ton of top knotch fab work (obviously done by someone else), but to top it off i love the wade moody signature fab skills - exhaust tip hanging 12" out of the side of the truck that came from autozone.

Earthworms have more spine than NADM. LMFAO And people wonder why gassers still think diesels are a joke.

Wade Congrats on a great run ! Record or not that is an impressive pass and it is even more impressive is to see a small shop go that fast whether it is Wade or Darren. Neither one of them have the resources of a Banks. Maybe I just like rooting for the underdog. I would love to see a showdown of these 3 trucks just to see who is the baddest of them all on the same track. To me records in general are a bunch BS its who puts it down in the Win column that counts !

I don't have a dog in the Wade bashing hunt nor do I have any ill will towards the NADM. That being said though the whole process of this just does not sit well. I can not recall any other race organization setting up private record setting attempts. I recently saw Rob loose out on a a new record due to the event ending prior to him having a chance to back up the pass. I can not recollect any record being set in the NHRA at a test and tune track rental.

I think it is flat out a smoking set of runs out of Wade and I am sure well deserved satisfaction for his team and sponsors to accomplish what they have. I just think it looks really shady to call it a world record under those conditions.

I keep seeing people make statements about him lining up against other competitors has he not attended any events this year and ran? If he has not it would be a crying shame for our sport as it would surely be in our best interest to have the exposure.
I agree, he has got that truck hauling ass! I also agree that every other organization that I know of (especially the big boys - NHRA) would not recognize a record under these conditions. Many runs have been made (Darren, Banks) that are quicker than the old record but were not at officially sanctioned events. One of the unfortunate things at sanctioned events is that the track prep frequently leaves a bit to be desired (mostly a byproduct of 4x4s launching on street tires). There is also the factor of NOT wanting to risk losing in competition by cranking it up and either smoking the tires or breaking something.

113 replies, 3300+ views and good or whining, all you guys have succeeded in doing is getting Wade,Wade,Wade,Wade,Wade,Wade,Wade,Wade, even more press than Ron ever could have!!!

You guys are soooo easy. :hehe:
Thanks for the traffic.:rockwoot:

Lots of traffic Gene, true. The consensus though is that NADM might need to reassess their criteria for handing out world records.
I don't mean that in a bad way at all....but what other drag racing sanctioning body hands out records like that?
The press NADM is getting out of this may not be the kind of press you desire...no ?

How would that look Richard? We give in to the whiners on the internet, change the rules for setting records, and you know what the next thread would be?
"NADM changes rules to protect Moodys record"

Tell me I'm not right.

113 replies, 3300+ views and good or whining, all you guys have succeeded in doing is getting Wade,Wade,Wade,Wade,Wade,Wade,Wade,Wade, even more press than Ron ever could have!!!

You guys are soooo easy. :hehe:
Thanks for the traffic.:rockwoot:

How would that look Richard? We give in to the whiners on the internet, change the rules for setting records, and you know what the next thread would be?

Tell me I'm not right.

So I am straight on this your one of the people in charge or (the owner of NADM)?

So these would be official statements representing NADM's opinions or views on the subject in question?

Tell me I'm not right.

Gene...if you can find another sanctioning body that validates "world records" at TNT days and not at sanctioned events then post it up, say we're not the only ones and let it ride.
If not, issue a statement saying our methods were incorrect and we are retracting a falsly issued "world record" and let Wade set it legitimately at a sanctioned event.

There are some very valid points made in this thread concerning what's fair to other competitors. Track conditions, weather conditions, drivers ability to perform under pressure, etc.

Unless NADM is going to provide a rep at every TNT someone wants them at all over the country then your current policy is unfair. Say I built a Pro Stock truck and wanted an NADM rep in houston on a test day and you didn't provide that...but I ran a 7.86 @ 172. Due to your previous statements my "record" would be invalid because there was no rep there even though I had requested one.
How is that fair ?
What if Banks calls you tomorrow and wants you on the west coast so they can break Wade's "record"? Y'all gonna pony up the travel expenses for that trip ? Banks could take that record away from Wade tomorrow if you're gonna have someone there.
If you're not...how is that fair to the Banks team ?

This has nothing to do with Wade...he hauled the mail....period.
This is about a policy that no other racing organization I've heard of has implemented....and there's a reson for that. It's not fair. All it did was give Ron's buddy an invalid record in everyone's eyes.

Last edited:
Crap got treed by Richard!

Tell me I'm not right.

Actually I would interpret Richards post as leading to the reassessment of the ruling that Mr. Moody's record was accepted under thus making it an illegitimate record. There would not be a concern with protecting his record as it would not stand. Again that's what I believe the direction of that question was implying and could be completely off base in my interpretation.

I would how ever suggest what ever you do if anything that a more clearly defined out line for world record criteria be posted in the rules as obviously the current out line lacks clarity and is subject to misinterpretation. :rules:

Either way again Wade and team keep up the good work on the truck that thing is undeniably one good looking and fast ride! :clap:

Last edited:
Back