wanting to make 92 6.5 faster

NO Roachie, I didn't miss that part. But your missing the part where the OP said FASTER. Not a pulling truck. Maybe he'll chime in and specify more.

I don't think he's wanting a race truck, just a little bit more. WHere in the "H" did he go anyways?

NO Roachie, I didn't miss that part. But your missing the part where the OP said FASTER. Not a pulling truck. Maybe he'll chime in and specify more.

I don't think he's wanting a race truck, just a little bit more. WHere in the "H" did he go anyways?

My first diesel was a 6.5 and ran great when I first got it, but then 11 injection pumps later we sued GM won $35k and got to keep the truck.

High Toned sob calm down and quit acting like a child.

Riiiiiiiiight, I'm acting like a child because i'm trying to help the guy with his truck. OK whatever you say.
Oh yeah, like the VP's never had I.P. problems either right?
I guess since the electronics on a 94-newer 6.5 I.P. had problems you consider all 6.2/6.5's junk? Well you better stack 98-02 Cummins in there also, hotrod.

Flexpipe is there because I have dual tanks, and I don't have dies to bend a tight 4" radius. Do you? Anybody can pick apart something on someone else's truck, easy now.

DONE

I really don't want to have to show you the post of you freaking out, now everyone else should keep quiet as well. Poor OP ain't even coming back cause of all the stupid answers and "put a cummins in it" crap.

Surprised no one said put a duramax in it.

Freakin out? I'd love to see it. It's cool. I just thought that this was the 6.2/6.5 section of CompD. Ya know, where people want help for thier 6.2/6.5 engines. I wasn't aware I was posting on the main board of CumminsForums.
A thousand pardons, it shant happen again boss.

Last edited:
It is pretty phucked up that a guy can't even post a question about his 6.2/6.5 in the 6.2/6.5 section, without a bunch of 12 valvers telling the guy his truck is **** and he needs to push it off a cliff... Pretty phuckin sad really...

Haloman, I had one of those gay shirts like in your avatar, it ripped on the sleeve once, when i was working on my Cummins. Pfffft, POS shirt, I guess at 17 yrs. old I didn't know any better!!
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That one for starters where you insulted haloman's shirt for no reason.

Like I said calm down, quit being acting like a smart ass kid and we are good.

a 6.5 in stock form is BARELY faster than a 350 vortec.....a 350 vortec wont touch a stock 12 valve or a stock 24 valve......you guys do the math....

i swear i thought only for owners were this delusional about their beloved powerjokes....if you HONESTLY believe that a 6.5 with an intake and exhaust will even come CLOSE to a stock LB7 duramax in a race there is an icon in the top right corner of your screen....please feel free to click on it and then go to your nearest tree care business and ask them to put you feet first into a wood chipper......that is all

Last edited:
now before everyone jumps my ass about anything....i've rebuilt a few 6.5's in my day and while they are a decent engine.....their true usefulness is getting good fuel mileage....which they actually are pretty good at....HP is not something you need to be concerned with if you bought a 6.5.

a 6.5 in stock form is BARELY faster than a 350 vortec.....a 350 vortec wont touch a stock 12 valve or a stock 24 valve......you guys do the math....

i swear i thought only for owners were this delusional about their beloved powerjokes....if you HONESTLY believe that a 6.5 with an intake and exhaust will even come CLOSE to a stock LB7 duramax in a race there is an icon in the top right corner of your screen....please feel free to click on it and then go to your nearest tree care business and ask them to put you feet first into a wood chipper......that is all

No, an intake and an exhaust won't make one run with an LB7. But a good intake, good injectors, free flowing exhaust, a good lift pump and fuel supply along with some good tuning and a 6.5 WILL hang with a LB7 as there are quite a few of em out there that can do it. I guess I was just lucky as a friend of mine had a 99 BURB with a built 350 in it couldn't even come close to my 95 BURB with a 6.5. I had 4.10 gears to his 3.73's, but I doubt that made the difference. I know some 6.5's ru nbetter than others, so I guess I was lucky that my old 6.5 with 160K on the clock, 2 blown head gaskets, a bad injection pump, and shot injectors could still make people say WTF was that when it would take off as it wasn't slow by any means.

Sorry but we had a 350 vortec suburban that would put the whoopin on any stock 12v or 24v.

I laughed my ass off after beating a 98 12v auto and the guy was like well damn I didn't know the burb was that fast.

we must have had some clapped out 350 vortec's around here LOL NONE of them were fast

Well to the people who tried to help thanks and to the people who just dont have anything better to do than hate on outher people dont waste your time. Not sure i fully understood thefermanator but thanks.

Wow i Did not know there were so many responses to this.

Look im 16 If i want the truck its mine from my grandpa he got it to pull the trailer gave the trailer to my mom and my mom got a new truck so her dont need it no more i would like to pull with it but if i cant fine. all you guy talking about y i havent responded i just have not checked i want to be a diesel machanic just need to know where to start on this truck if you have something bad to say save it i dont care those of you who really want to help please send me a meassege i would love to here what you have to say. I want to make a sweet truck if i can and it is kinda sentimental beacus we took it evrywhere and it never broke down. so please help.. thanks.

Fix it up how you want to, it sounds like a nice truck. You can pull just about anything a normal person would need to with it. But it's not going to be a "pulling truck".
If you have the money and the know how, put a set of lower compression pistons in it. If not, just do the things from the first page on this thread, like what TheFermanator mentioned. That will make a world of difference.
This is a great site with alot of knowledge, just remember not to take anything personally. It's the internet, and you know what they say about people who like to argue on the internet!!

Wow i Did not know there were so many responses to this.

Look im 16 If i want the truck its mine from my grandpa he got it to pull the trailer gave the trailer to my mom and my mom got a new truck so her dont need it no more i would like to pull with it but if i cant fine. all you guy talking about y i havent responded i just have not checked i want to be a diesel machanic just need to know where to start on this truck if you have something bad to say save it i dont care those of you who really want to help please send me a meassege i would love to here what you have to say. I want to make a sweet truck if i can and it is kinda sentimental beacus we took it evrywhere and it never broke down. so please help.. thanks.

And second, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE take some english classes. If you want to be a mechanic, you need to be able to communicate with people. What you wrote above this is complete garbage.

And before ANYONE jumps me for this, I'm honestly trying to help the guy. I have been looking for good mechanics for a month now, and I'm so tired of people telling me how they've been to college and all this crap, then can barely write a complete sentence without using like or um. Even for a mechanics job, in TODAY'S computer world, you need to be able to communicate with others!

Chris

Chris do you work at that shop on I-71 that doesn't have any sides? A bunch of new/used heavy equipment? I think it's befor you get to R&L carriers.
It's on the east side of the interstate around Jeffersonville area. I pass it all the time on the way to Cincy.
mike

Back