Water Injection????

NADM Marketing

Dontnonuthin
Just testing the waters here (no pun intended:doh:), water injection in competition?

At what levels (classes)? Just water, methanol, propane how do we regulate and/or test for levels?

A lot of questions we need to find out more about? Any suggestions?

If this is to determine how to regulate in a class of racing....IMO Ron, I don't think water injection is a concern. There's several threads going back and forth about it and whether it's a power adder or just a method of cooling. I don't believe it does enough even with meth added to deliver extra hp to be unfair.

Your not going to be able to measure meth levels in the water without getting scientific but, if anyone is running too much they'll find out on their own it was a bad idea.

I don't know a lot about propane but, think it should be looked at as NOS, It's a gas and power adder. If it is used, it definitely needs to be hard installed as opposed to the way that guy in Reynolds did it LOL If you didn't see it.... the bottle was laying next to him in the cab and the truck ran away at the end of his run as he frantically tried to get it turned off :doh:

just my $.02

The meth can be measured with a simple Specific Gravity Gauge.

I imagine it could but, who's got time in tech to do that. Also, even if you do measure it.... what are you finding ? I don't see a limit on percentage used of being a way to control anything.

3.0 level and higher. You will see alot of guys talking about needing it at lower levels, cause they are burning down, there are several who are keeping their engines together just fine without it.

I don't believe it does enough even with meth added to deliver extra hp to be unfair.

Ty, meth can add 70+ hp :poke:

Regardless, this is my 2 cents:

Drag Racing-

If it's an index or bracket class, who cares what you are running? You either race to the index or your dial-in. :confused:

If it's a heads up class, who cares what you are running? first one to the line wins? :confused:

Sledpullers-

They cry about everything so it's a "no win" situation there:bang

I would say no meth. It keeps things easy. This is of coarse in Pulling (What trucks are meant to do.) I could care less about that racing stuff.

I've run it on the dyno for comparison at a 20% / 80% solution of meth / water and I saw a grand total of 6 HP difference between runs.

No water/ meth made 736, 20% solution made 742.

6 HP could be attributed to someone sneezing in front of the intake.

It does a lot more for cooling than it does power adding.

I've run it on the dyno for comparison at a 20% / 80% solution of meth / water and I saw a grand total of 6 HP difference between runs.

No water/ meth made 736, 20% solution made 742.

6 HP could be attributed to someone sneezing in front of the intake.

It does a lot more for cooling than it does power adding.

Depends on the truck setup. Allow it in the 3.0 and up,
keep it out of workstock, 2.6

Depends on the truck setup.

Correct. If the truck isn't blowing any smoke, it'll benefit more from the meth, as it's a fuel.

If the truck is rollin' coal, he's already using all the air he has, so the meth won't have much effect other than cooling.

Same thing with the propane. It's all well and good, but it's just fuel. If the turbo has no more air to offer, the extra fuel isn't doing any good.

Of course allow pure water. Supply the water for the event. That'll avoid testing of everyones mixture and the few that sneak in some meth, etc.

all that other stuff has no place in Diesel comp, IMO only.

3.0 level and higher. You will see alot of guys talking about needing it at lower levels, cause they are burning down, there are several who are keeping their engines together just fine without it.

That will teach em'! They need to either jump up a class and remove the bushing. Or do some de-tuning. Screw water. No necessary anywhere if you ask me.

water in 3.0 in up! if someone you expect is cheating with an additive then you should be allowed to protest that ones truck by putting up money. if found illegal then there banned from pulling with NADM for one yr and a day! if found legal then they keep the money that the person put up for protesting (usually around 500$) meth, propane, alc, can all be tested after the run. thru there water jets, pistons or water tank. what ever you need to tear down to deem that person legal or illegal....

Why not supply the water and or water/meth that is set at a premixed % for racers or pullers wanting to use them in there class? If it is made legal to use, then you need a way to regulate it right?

Whos to say that the supplied water is the tank they are running from. There have been several guys this year that have been running water in non water classes. So if they cheat in those, why not cheat in something else?
For that matter why not just run the bottle, oh wait we have some of those too! Cheating is cheating.

Your right cheating is cheating, and cheaters will always cheat. Those competitors will get there's. What if you outlaw any tank brought in by the racer. Have certified NADM Tanks with quick connect fittings that hold the premixed H20/Meth. And I am sure someone has tamper proof lids for said tank setup. Also we still have tech inspections if I recall. You see a bottle or something that looks funny, CALL THEM OUT!

Your right cheating is cheating, and cheaters will always cheat. Those competitors will get there's. What if you outlaw any tank brought in by the racer. Have certified NADM Tanks with quick connect fittings that hold the premixed H20/Meth. And I am sure someone has tamper proof lids for said tank setup. Also we still have tech inspections if I recall. You see a bottle or something that looks funny, CALL THEM OUT!

Too much trouble for the tanks and all.

This is true. But I am just giving means of regulation. It is up to the masses if they want to allow H20/Meth or not. Just don't rule it out because you think someone is going to cheat.

Back