Weight Box Mount Help

Oh ok, then MY overkill lifestyle with 1/4" or 5/16 will be perfect then. Thanks JL.

Any ideas where to get weights for 'cheap' ? only need about 7 suitcase weights...

My association is considering our 2.5 diesel class to run a weight box. We cannot run hyd assist steering and wondering how well that is going to work.

Any ideas where to get weights for 'cheap' ? only need about 7 suitcase weights...

Craigslist if you can catch deals. I bought 15 - 80lb weights for $600. Equals out to $.50 a pound. I couldn't touch tractor weights for less than $1.00 a pound before I found the steal I did.

Scrap steel is alot cheaper and you can get more in a given space that a tractor weight.

I'm about 50 miles north of Seattle, WA. The suitcase weights up here are about $1/lb and you can find olympic barbell weights for much cheaper, but then space becomes and issue when filling the box! haha

I will have to check at local auctions. Also I didnt even consider reaching out to some of my friends on farms and seeing if i can even just borrow the weights one day at a time when I need them until I can find a deal. I scower CL every chance I get. I will just have to keep looking.

Just placed an order for a bunch of steel for sled stops and suspension lockouts and some stuff for my trailer so I can make drive-over-fenders for when I get 20x12's on it.

Thanks fellas for all your help!

I once knew a guy that used concrete paver blocks in a box. It worked and was relatively cheap.

A local puller has a counter weight from a Lull telehandler as front weight. It looks.....different but very effective.

Buy a swoled Cummins block, fill the cylinders with concrete. Add cylinder head if more weight is needed.
Cheap, weird, and heavy.

Back