welded front diff

Imma use super duper trooper miller wire.

That is what a guy called it and when I referred to it by that to another welder he knew what I was talking about. LOL!

It is 128,000 tensile.

i would stick with the 8018... Theres a reason pipelines still use stick. And be VERY picky on who you get to weld this. The beads have to be perfect.

My 98 is welded. I drive around with it in the pits. Its quite difficult but doable. Street driving not so much :)

My 98 is welded. I drive around with it in the pits. Its quite difficult but doable. Street driving not so much :)

Ya what he said ^. Just a suggestion but if you have a couple busted axle shafts layin around slide them in it so you dont have to pic any slag off the inside splines.

Soak the the spline with wd-40 and you shouldnt get any spatter. I learned the hard way. Filed the the splines for an hour. Sliding a junk axle in is a good Idea.

dont spot weld it like that pic, burn the h*ll outta it with 8018 rod

Mine got welded yesterday with a mig after all but by a confident jeep shop fabricator I'll post pics tonight.

there are some of us rock crawler guys who weld them up front... but run hydro steering and chromoly shafts...

wd40 is excelent anti spatter. flamable to open flame but not spark. i would stick it as well danny. but i stick everything. cannot beat the strenghth. mig is for body work lol

I will be going with the locker up front...I just have never really been a fan of a lincoln locker...

Oh yeah and I am one of those crawler dudes lol Nothing like taking a 9000 pound truck through a rock garden lol

Back