welp..2 days is all it lasted...02 stranded me

01 and an 02...some stuff..not all...but...the wait to start light never came on. turn on the key..nothin..bump it..nothin...tried a diff apps..nothin..so i put the scanner on it and twice it wont connect. so it has a way to do it thru the model and yr..still wouldnt..back to going thru from the beginning...no codes..but when i do the key trick..0122...ugh...fml

i keep screwing with it and it wont connect..im backing out of the code reader and i hear the lift pump bump..the short cycle when ya turn on the key...no fuel press..but i heard it....so i turn the key and it starts right up...20 psi fp..idles great..runs great..maybe better....run the scanner again for live issues...nothin shows..all the sinsors seem to be good

idk wtf..this has happened before..long ago...fixed itself the same way...im happy as f its running..but it would be nice if i knew why

Every vp44 truck I've ever been around is you start with the injection pump, then change all the rest to go with it.

Then carry a spare vp44 on long trips.

That’s for a “new” ECM/ECU. Look closer.
Repairing your current ECM is quite reasonable.

Not trying to be an A-hole but P-pump that thing and enjoy some reliability. Just get a spare set of injector lines. For $3k you would never have to touch it again.

Or, just find yourself a 98 or older Dodge 12 valve and run it.
I bet there are some in decent shape in Florida. Electronic shit is cool, but... throwing parts at them is expensive, and not the way to troubleshoot.

Not trying to be an A-hole but P-pump that thing and enjoy some reliability.

See, other Gary, we have only been concerned about your well being for the last few years.

:lolly:

I'd just drive it to Shelocta, PA and tell him to call when it's fixed. ;)

Last edited:
See, other Gary, we have only been concerned about your well being for the last few years.

:lolly:

I'd just drive it to Shelocta, PA and tell him to call when it's fixed. ;)

That's all well and good, but we've entered a matrix glitch here, and haven't been able to finish a single job in what feels like months. The simple (quick fixes) turn into projects, and the projects turn into nightmares.
I'm about ready to send everyone home, close all the doors, open an acetylene bottle or two and go for a walk. :redx:

That's all well and good, but we've entered a matrix glitch here, and haven't been able to finish a single job in what feels like months. The simple (quick fixes) turn into projects, and the projects turn into nightmares.
I'm about ready to send everyone home, close all the doors, open an acetylene bottle or two and go for a walk. :redx:

Still can't get parts? We are still waiting on a grill and passenger headlamp for the Buick from smoking the deer months ago.

i totally feel this....i know a guy does alotta ppump stuff....meh.....

Let me look I might have a spare 12v gearcase if you ppump it and maybe a 215 pump seth setup a while ago.

I just realized the guy who's putting a new harness in my 2001 might have the ecm that goes with it.

The simple (quick fixes) turn into projects, and the projects turn into nightmares.

I've got one tech that this describes to a tee. In the past two months he's had buses with simple jobs that have turned into nightmares and it's always him.
  • One bus came in for front and rear brakes. He ended up replacing The DEF doser, DEF tank header, had the ATD cleaned, and now he's waiting on an engine harness and a TCM.
  • Another came in for an air leak. He replaced a Rail Pressure Sensor, Differential Pressure Sensor, and pretty much the entire A/C system.
  • Another cam in with a coolant light on. He replaced the Coolant Level Sensor, Surge Tank, Front Crank Seal, P/S Pump, P/S Hoses, and all the exhaust from the turbo to the ATD.
  • Another cam in for a DEF light on. He replaced the EGR Cooler, EGR Valve, all related sensors, had the ATD cleaned, replaced the engine harness, front crank seal, a compressor coolant tube, an A/C Compressor, Accumulator, and Condenser Assy

I could go on. It's become a running joke every time he pulls a bus in or comes to the counter, "Hey Ed, why don't you just remove the radiator cap and put a new bus under it...."

Last edited:
Bus mechanic = job security. :D

I saw an add in Stillwater the other day. It said, "the wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round....but not without drivers. Apply now!"

Back