welp..2 days is all it lasted...02 stranded me

It's not as easy as you'd think. I've been there, got all the t-shirts and hair loss, and won't do it again.

Didn't say it was easy.
The easy way is just buy a truck 89-98 and turn the key.

They are out there if you searching hard and willing to do a bit of work. 9/10 times whatever I want is a couple states away though. I enjoyed road trips when fuel wasn’t so high ha

A guy was trying to “buy” mine at the gas station the other day but this market had me sideways trying to think of a price haha decently hard to replace as you said.

How easy is it to find one that's not a pile of rust and $30k

Neighbor lady has a 91 dually 2wd that's rust free that she's interested in selling . Sucks it's a 2wd but it is a clean truck, it has been used for farm use but far from beaten on. It takes her about a mile to get up to 45 mph lol

Neighbor lady has a 91 dually 2wd that's rust free that she's interested in selling . Sucks it's a 2wd but it is a clean truck, it has been used for farm use but far from beaten on. It takes her about a mile to get up to 45 mph lol
That'd be awesome! 99% of people would be just fine with a 2wd, as they never use 4wd anyway. If I thought I could afford it, and talk the wife into it, I'd be asking for the info!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Hell yeah! Way to be a real man and not one of those 4wd or nothing sissies!

4x4 is only funny til ya need it...2 wd down here gets stuck in dry sand...lol...esp with a 40 ft toyhauler on it..was a big reason for selling the fl60..that and it was a pos..

4x4 is only funny til ya need it...2 wd down here gets stuck in dry sand...lol...esp with a 40 ft toyhauler on it..was a big reason for selling the fl60..that and it was a pos..
Well Gary, we have real dirt up here! Enjoy your sandbox though, I'll take the dirt! But irregardless of 2x4 or 4x4, most people get stuck because they can't drive for shit.

It's auto, if you guys are serious about it I'll ask her about it. She told me a couple months ago she was going to get something else to drive and then she was gonna unload the truck.

My good friend is a 1st gen collector. I know he’d be interested in a fair/non inflated price.

Please inquire.

I’ve driven from Springfield, TN to these places for vehicles:
  • Gainesville, GA to buy my ‘95
  • Jacksonville, FL to buy the ‘98
  • Jacksonville, FL for a ‘93 D250 a fellow gave me
  • Talladega, AL for my daughters S10
  • Dayton, OH for my wife’s ‘07 Lexus ES 350
  • St. Louis to sell my daughter’s S10
Today’s fuel prices might put a damper on it, but road trips for vehicles is a way of life for me.

Last edited:
It's auto, if you guys are serious about it I'll ask her about it. She told me a couple months ago she was going to get something else to drive and then she was gonna unload the truck.

Brian (Rebel) asked first so he has first option as far as I’m concerned. Im serious if Brian is not interested.

Back