West Coast Pull Series???

DPDiesel--not a bad idea---at least he pulls in a class where he'd basically fit if his weight was in line---if someone else stated this then I'm sorry I missed it---if he wins he may do what's necessary to get in the money---if not he may still pull as it's more fun to pull in a closer class---I like it----good idea----chris

DPDiesel--not a bad idea---at least he pulls in a class where he'd basically fit if his weight was in line---if someone else stated this then I'm sorry I missed it---if he wins he may do what's necessary to get in the money---if not he may still pull as it's more fun to pull in a closer class---I like it----good idea----chris

That is what I was thinking. If he outpulls everyone then he might think of shredding some weight next time to fit in the class and BOOM, you got another recruit. If he doesn't and comes back just to pull exhibition again well then atleast you have one more guy out there pulling with you.

I know I am late to this party, and Gene can correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe that is how we have done it in the past. If you were overweight, you pulled exhibition but still pulled in that class.

I'd still like to knock both of them in the head for not agreeing with me and they would like to do the same to me I'd guess, but that doesn't mean we still can't have good time together when it's all said and done chris

And now, SOOTN, as far as knockin me in the head, take your best swing hotrod!

-Tom

Tom you don't want to get hit by me---plus I like to have a brewski or three with you after hours---wouldn't be the same---but that's your call if you think you can't hang with me any longer--hope that's not the case as this is just a discussion as I see it---although with jabs and counters---

chris

Calm down Chris, I was joking. Your getting really worked up over this, I agree a conversation is'nt a good one without some jabs and the like, but dang I used the term SOOTN loosely even.LOL

-Tom

I was joking back with ya--I knew you were joking, just added a little to it that's all----can't just leave it simple ya know got to keep it spicy......chris

otherwise people will get to thinkin weird stuff about us, of course I could've dispense with some of the other crap I wrote at the end------I talked to Brian M today and he's on a let's see what shows up program and go from there--chris

My wife keeps my site up to date with the events I am going to be attending in addition to videos and standings after the event.

I would be willing to volunteer(this means free) her to keep the DPO site up to date with events, links, videos and standings/results and maybe a face lift...HAHA..... Of course if I am not present then videos will need to get emailed to me/her. Pm me the admin info on the site and how to get in touch with whoever and we will get that site up to date. This is what my wife does for a living so it is easier than one might think for her. She also agreed to it.

Keep Strokin'

I know I am late to this party, and Gene can correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe that is how we have done it in the past. If you were overweight, you pulled exhibition but still pulled in that class.

I'll start here, Dave is correct.
If a stock turbo truck is overweight, it pulls at the end of the class, it was trying to get in, NOT AGAINST A MODIFIED.

EXHIBITION, does not mean you get a pass on safety, CAMOTANKER, that is directed at you.

Chris, Tom, get a room :)

That is awesome Howard, you better treat her right if it works out :)

BBD

F

#1- Red Bluff, CA 6/9/07
#2- Red Bluff, CA 6/10/07
#3- Redding, CA 6/16/07
#4- Dixon, CA 7/5/07
#5- Elko, NV 7/7/07
#6 & 7 Denver, CO 7/22/07 (Got 2 hooks because I was the first to pull)
#8- Ukiah, Ca 8/11/07
#9- Yerington, NV 8/18/07
#10- Reno, NV 8/24/07
#11- Gardnerville, NV 8/25/07
#12- Hollister, CA 9/29/07

So in 3 months, I got 12 hooks in, and the only one that wasn't close to home (Northern California) Was Denver.

All of them are 2-3 hrs from me, except for Elko, was about 8 hrs. And Nevada was on fire the whole time too LOL.

I guess the best idea, which I do believe was mentioned earlier, is for us to get together with Brian Masetti and get a series together with them. However, Tom's idea to pass out fliers, is also a great idea! Anything to get more guys in to pull. Or gals too ;)

Ok, theres your series. You have pulls reasonable close together, Brian seems like a reasonable guy, put it together.

I would suggest adopting a few classes from NADM, and try to push them.

My suggestions, out of Work Stock, 2.6, 2.8, Super Street and Modified, are 2.6 Street, and Super Street.

Why?

2.6 Street- covers, the guys who bolt a turbo on and plug a box in, but not so far out ahead of the stock turbo guys, that they will be afraid to hook against them.

Super Street-Allows big singles and limited twins, the 2.8 bushed turbos, and 3.0 guys will be fine in the class on the west coast.

Mods will have to pull Exhibition, A truck like Scotts, should be paid to pull.

Now, why should you adopt NADM rules?

I think it makes sense to adopt rules that are pretty much the standard across the country.
Why build a bunch of trucks, that can't fit into a class at a national event, elsewhere?(see this all the time with gasser trash, little rules that lock em out from pull to pull)

Because they were made by the majority of Diesel pullers, Diesel shops, SFI and some people who could see past their own hoods, and truck brand, to make a fair set of rules.

Also, the 5 classes we offer, include 99% of the pulling trucks out there, and they are not biased towards one shop, or one state.

If you guys are serious, we will do everything we can to help it get rolling.

And yes Chris of course we need numbers to put on an event.
We need large numbers of fans, sponsors, competitors.

Another thing all of you need to do, is GO TO THE EVENTS, even if your truck is not running.

A couple posters on this thread were at Bakersfield doing what they could to support Diesel Motorsports, even though their truck was not ready yet.

Thanks!

More later.....

H*E*L*L YEAH best things said in this post so far, all good :clap::clap::clap:

BBD

we'll get a room, but it's got to be full of beer, tools and diesel parts!!!

I've posted the roll call on 4 sites, we will see what happens---

I'm trying to get the info for the website and we can go from there--

Sleddy --all good points when you have numbers---tell me what kind of numbers are we talking about, just so everyone knows---- are we talking 50 trucks, 500 fans and 10 sponsors or like 100 trucks, 2000 fans and 30 sponsors or ?????....chris

Last edited:
Dang Sleddy you are starting to make sense. I was going to say send some Indiana,Tennessee, and Kentucky redneck boys and their "ole ladies" out to California to work and the pullers would be there. Heck their families and friends would drive out for the pulls! I've seen more people in Kentucky pull because of dares and bets about "My Dodge will dust yor' D-Max" than probably pull in all of California.LOL**
To me, it has to be about the fun. We had the greatest event of all times Thunder In Muncie. It was fun!!! When you left each year you were already wondering how long before you could come back. Hell, Sleddy was my hero. He won every year. It is no more! Indy wasn't warm and inviting like Muncie. It wasn't fun. It was about the promoters and not the sport and fans. I'm talking like Indy isn't going to happen, it isn't for me.* Dennis at TS is building the next Thunder in Muncie in Bowling Green. Dennis told me it will be fun!!! My bet is that it will be the largest event of the year! Maybe you guys could have a central event, get sponsorship from local and national diesel companies. promote the heck out of it, and make it an unbelievable event for the attendees and participants. Start somewhere. Muncie got me hooked for good. It was about the people and the trucks, not the sanctioning body. The people in this sport are the best people I know and I know that given the right venue (Not a Huge Colisium) in California, the West Coast could really grow this sport. Lots of east coast people would attend an event like that. I'd fly Sleddy and David out to MC the event.***
Oh, by the way, Sleddy and Dave have a great sanctioning body that promotes the participants as well as the fans.
NADM

Just a thought,
Meacham Evins

My wife keeps my site up to date with the events I am going to be attending in addition to videos and standings after the event.

I would be willing to volunteer(this means free) her to keep the DPO site up to date with events, links, videos and standings/results and maybe a face lift...HAHA..... Of course if I am not present then videos will need to get emailed to me/her. Pm me the admin info on the site and how to get in touch with whoever and we will get that site up to date. This is what my wife does for a living so it is easier than one might think for her. She also agreed to it.

Keep Strokin'

That would be great Howard.

-Tom

yes indeed would be a great help---hopefully I can get Zipp to give up the info--and hopefully we have the website for 2+ more years or longer---I just don't recall what Bryan had worked out when we did this site---I know we paid plenty for it though.....chris

My site fees are $12 a month for the site and my name is $13 a year. That is very economical in my book.

The truck drags in Sac Oct 19th will have a pull. The sled will be the Terminator with Brian and crew on hand. I confirmed it today before I put it up on my site. My wife is getting all kinds of stuff ready for a quick "copy paste" to get the site updated.

My site:
http://sledpulls.hhreloading.com/

well I wasn't involved with what went down besides selling my hood and putting the money toward the site---not sure what else was involved, but this was 3-4 yrs ago and things were a little different then I think, but the bottom line is I let Bryan handle it as he had the contact--so it will be what it is and we can go from there----chris

All I was saying is if we need to pony up for another site, it is a little easier these days. I was not saying that you were BSing about the cost just giving info. Don't get your panties all ruffled now.....LOL

no ruffles here cuz I go commando---he,he---my post was just a overview of how it went down--nothing more---I do know now that we have 10 months left---I/we will deal with that when the time comes---now just to talk to Zipp and see if he'll give up the info---he was always going to tell me it, but never did, I don't see why he wouldn't----chris

Back