West Coast Pull Series???

Let me know the info to log into the site's files. You can PM me. Also, let me know what changes you would like made.

Strokin's Wife

What are your guys' feelings on cutting back down to two classes for a while, and just running the 2.6 and the super street class? That way anyone with a 66mm and smaller charger run in the same class, and anything bigger than 2.6 up to an unlimited single, and 3.2" inducer twins would run SS. I think this may work out well since anything bigger than a 2.6 is usually a 2.8 truck and most 2.8 trucks are purpose built pullers anyway.

Scott, would you care if you just pulled exhibition?

-Tom

Tom-- probably a very smart thing to do-- but just to clarify are you saying stock, 2.6 and 2.8 for classes or just 2.6 and 2.8---just want to be sure I'm on the same page----chris

What are your guys' feelings on cutting back down to two classes for a while, and just running the 2.6 and the super street class? That way anyone with a 66mm and smaller charger run in the same class, and anything bigger than 2.6 up to an unlimited single, and 3.2" inducer twins would run SS. I think this may work out well since anything bigger than a 2.6 is usually a 2.8 truck and most 2.8 trucks are purpose built pullers anyway.

-Tom

Sounds like a good idea to me Tom. I'm probably just going to continue to run your old S400 since it's a 2.8 and I won't have much money left over for a different turbo(Turbonetics) anyway once the engine and rear axle are done.
Sounds like it is coming together guys, lets keep it up!:clap: Let me know if there is anything I can do besides just showing up to each and every event for support.

Joe

Sutton,

I was talking about NADM Super Street, meaning "unlimited single charger, twins limited to an 3.2" inducer on the atmospheric charger".

-Tom

Tom-----I'm not sure what I was reading this morning on your post--I don't even remember reading about the twins----but the way I read it now(correctly) there will be 3 classes---2.6 and down, 2.61 and up and SS---sorry---I should be whipped for not reading and chatizing others for doing the same earlier---bailiff whack his ...and take his beer....chris

Here is my short term solution.

Come out to the Antelope Valley on June 14th for the thunder on the lot event in So Cal. The problem of purses is solved - there will be 2 classes, a street class (exact rules tbd) with a $1,000 minimum purse, and a mod class(exact rules tbd) also with a $1,000. that will be $500 to 1st, $300 to 2nd, and $200 to 3rd - both classes. The reason the purse is a minimum, is that it will go up based on how many Diesel Performance industry, vendors attend, as half of those funds go toward the purse, the other half toward charity as this is a 100% charity event. Now that is looking out for the pullers! Then for those guys who are overweight, or intimidated to run against serious pull trucks, there will be a run for fun exhibition class. Assuiming safety, anyone can pull.
The other problem we have handled is spectators - Last year, the thunder on the lot event drew approx. 25,000 people over sat. evening and Sunday. This year, they expect closer to 35,000. The pull itself is on Sat. evening and is expected to have a grandstand crowd of up to 10,000. This is good for the pull itself as it puts pulling in front of a lot of people, but also addresses the other issue with Vendor Support. Their booth fees cover them for Saturday as well as all day Sunday where they will have the exposure of the full event, not just of those there to see the pulls.

This event is important because it is a large event in its 14th year that continues to grow - and THEY made the decision to add a pull for 2008 - this means we have someones attention. If we can make this first year, reasonably successful, they will have us return and possibly be able to continue with additional events at this venue. So, for everyone who wants to grow the sport, here is an opportunity to support an event that could be very good for pulling out west. Get pullers, get vendors, and have them contact me - plus it is a charity event that benefits kids. Their website doesn't have much on the pull yet, but it will continually be updated in the next week or so. www.thunderonthelot.com

Craig

Craig---this is the week before J&H's event, so at least there's no interference from another major pull--I get the feeling you're involved here, so mega congrats if so---chris

Hey Chris,

Yeah, these guys contacted me real late in the game(last week) and told me they wanted a pull. So here I am scrambling - but this is a good oufit and they want this to happen. So I said, lets do it.

Craig---this is the week before J&H's event, so at least there's no interference from another major pull--I get the feeling you're involved here, so mega congrats if so---chris

Sleddy --.......tell me what kind of numbers are we talking about, just so everyone knows---- are we talking 50 trucks, 500 fans and 10 sponsors or like 100 trucks, 2000 fans and 30 sponsors or ?????....chris

This is simple-

Enough sponsors to cover the costs of facility rental, insurance, purses, sled, track equipment.

Enough trucks for a show- roughly 40 trucks can make a show, more is better, but 80 in one class is tiring on everyone.

Small pulls I have put on, can do 1500-3000 people on an all Diesel pick up pull. Those kind of numbers should be easy out there, with your population.

Tom-----I'm not sure what I was reading this morning on your post--I don't even remember reading about the twins----but the way I read it now(correctly) there will be 3 classes---2.6 and down, 2.61 and up and SS---sorry---I should be whipped for not reading and chatizing others for doing the same earlier---bailiff whack his ...and take his beer....chris

It would just be these two classes:

2.6 Street Diesel: Single turbo, 2.6 inch maximum inducer bore, turbocharger bushings prohibited, 1" minimum compression travel on rear suspension, water injection prohibited, receiver style hitch required, hanging weights permitted

And:

Super Street Diesel: 3.2-inch maximum inducer bore in twin turbo configuration, unlimited inducer bore single chargers permitted, open driveline permitted, DOT tires required.

This would allow readily available 66 mm chargers run in the 2.6 class, and everything bigger including twins (within the rules) run in this SS class. Scott would run Exhibition.

-Tom

It would just be these two classes:

2.6 Street Diesel: Single turbo, 2.6 inch maximum inducer bore, turbocharger bushings prohibited, 1" minimum compression travel on rear suspension, water injection prohibited, receiver style hitch required, hanging weights permitted

And:

Super Street Diesel: 3.2-inch maximum inducer bore in twin turbo configuration, unlimited inducer bore single chargers permitted, open driveline permitted, DOT tires required.

This would allow readily available 66 mm chargers run in the 2.6 class, and everything bigger including twins (within the rules) run in this SS class. Scott would run Exhibition.

-Tom

Having/advertising a stock class (I believe) will add to the # of trucks that show.

Most trucks that show to the pulls have aftermarket charger's on them these days. So a guy with a 62mm S300 has to pull in the existing 2.8 class, which doesn't pan out well for them.

-Tom

I think we still need to keep a stock class. Stock means intake, exhaust, and chip only. No aftermarket injectors or turbo. Just your typical redneck mods.

Otherwise, the 2.6 and SS classes sound great.

Maybe run Work Stock, 2.6, and NADM SS, that would include every truck on the west coast except for Scott, but he said Exhibition is fine with him.

The main reason I am questioning the rules now is because there is a huge jump from work stock to 2.8 (like we have right now). By making the true 2.8 trucks jump up a class, that makes the 2.6 class a viable means for the work stock guys to jump up a class, and still be street worthy. Not to mention, I think every twin truck in CA could easily bush there big charger down to 3.2".

-Tom

Maybe run Work Stock, 2.6, and NADM SS, that would include every truck on the west coast except for Scott, but he said Exhibition is fine with him.

That seems like the best solution to me. I think it would be a good idea to keep work stock so that all of the people who want to get into pulling dont have to run with 2.6 trucks that are capable of 600hp.

The main reason I am questioning the rules now is because there is a huge jump from work stock to 2.8 (like we have right now). By making the true 2.8 trucks jump up a class, that makes the 2.6 class a viable means for the work stock guys to jump up a class, and still be street worthy. Not to mention, I think every twin truck in CA could easily bush there big charger down to 3.2".

-Tom

Tom, I think you hit a home run on that one there. That would encompass the lot of trucks in the west coast. You have my vote on this one here. :Cheer:

Keep Strokin',
Howard

I agree that WS needs to be there along with 2.6 and SS and of course 8500# classes---ooops how'd that slip in there----no really this is a good start to put on the docket and I agree with what Tom says "that most trucks will fit"---

I need to really read the rules slowly to see if there's things that make me go "HUH"---like hydraulic assist steering--it seems I saw that that was prohibited somewhere and front control arms needing to connect to the frame at the OEM points---not sure why this is prohibited in the rules---Dick Cepek makes a lift kit that repositions those frame points----anyway onward we go--

I figure after the weekend I'll make a count and see how many we have and where they're from and how many fat, gay, pink dashed trucks are on the list----chris

how many fat, gay, pink dashed trucks are on the list----chris

You might want to add trucks with a camper shell that have a stack cut through it in that class LOL

Just ribbin ya don't go all postal now, again :)

BBD

Back