What have the 6.4's done performance wise

JasonCzerak

I heard there are some running 11.80's and 120mph. with just a DPF delete (at 22mpg) and a programmer.... Truth? or typical ford weenies exaggerating claims?

Maybe a little more specific. Any of thes 6.4's running 11.80 @ 120? If so what are the specs? REG? crew? the big 4 door version?

I haven't heard 11.80 but I did hear Spartan ran a 12something

Haven't heard much about the strip or pulls but the Spartan trucks have been running close to 600 hp with a stock trans.

:rockwoot:this is what Matts truck and another truck with just a tuner ran I believe it was two weeks ago

Just got back, had to unload the trailer.

My truck ran a 12.84 @ 107.4mph with the Stage I sticks and a .062 jet in a Zex nitrous kit. And that was with a 2.068 60ft time, as the track REALLY sucked tonight. Couldn't get the truck to hook worth a damn.

The DPF-delete only truck went 13.72 @ 95mph. There is a defuel around 80-85mph even on the race tune, which I was able to datalog thankfully. We know what it is and what to correct at this point So there will be an upcoming revision soon to fix that issue. Seems to be roughly be around a .2-.3 second glitch in the quarter mile. I think at this point, the 250 will end up washing out between a 13.3 and 13.4 on a crew cab shortbed truck.

I'll post some more details in the morning along with scans of the timeslips. Im wiped out and headed for bed.

With Spartans tuning alone...and of course DPF delete and intake....with hot humid air I put down 500HP, un corrected....would probably have been better numbers had the guy known how to dyno a diesel...and no theres no TQ numbers cause he did not have the hardware to read TQ on the diesel.

DSC_1008.jpg

DSC_1009.jpg

yeah spartan has a truck with injector tips, tuning, and a small shot of n2o that ran i believe 12.5 is the new time with the new "experimental tune" but they claim that the turbos can't supply any more air and they're gonna be throwing at least 1 new one on

I heard there are some running 11.80's and 120mph. with just a DPF delete (at 22mpg) and a programmer.... Truth? or typical ford weenies exaggerating claims?

:hehe:

out of the group of fellas I hang out with im the only one who drives a cummins, of course all my buddies powerchokes have 2000 hp and run 8's in the 1/4 mile.....:blahblah1:

the 6.4 my friend has had over 600 rwhp at the ts event this year befor he had the engine rebuilt. On the dyno at school it was making over 1200 lbs at the wheels so it was shutting the dyno off at 2200 rpms and thats with out the drugs on. at the drag strip it was a low 13 but it sits on 38 and 8' lift.
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkTM0wl8DrA[/MEDIA]. oh yeah 8mpg

Last edited:
the 6.4 my friend has had over 600 rwhp at the ts event this year befor he had the engine rebuilt. On the dyno at school it was making over 1200 lbs at the wheels so it was shutting the dyno off at 2200 rpms and thats with out the drugs on. at the drag strip it was a low 13 but it sits on 38 and 8' lift.
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkTM0wl8DrA[/MEDIA]. oh yeah 8mpg

Why the rebuild already and what track was those passes made at?

I love the videos 25 hours to do what didn't look like he changed much i love how ford thinks Oh just pull the cab

:hehe:

out of the group of fellas I hang out with im the only one who drives a cummins, of course all my buddies powerchokes have 2000 hp and run 8's in the 1/4 mile.....:blahblah1:

the ford no longer had heui injection, it is a common rail just like the dmax's and cummins

the motor is not stock anymore thats all i can say about it. If you want the low down on it send me a pm and ill tell you.

Yea why the secrets?

LOL, i love this guy!

What I really want to say is, typically when a big Hp/Tq truck hits the throttle on the dyno the front will lift and the ass squats. This truck doesnt seem to be doing much of anything, not saying it doesnt have the power its just seems unusual.

And no I dont think that 11 straps of front would keep the truck from shifting....

our school had us tie it down to the front tow hooks. Ok the head have been pandp, bigger valves, injectors, 71mm turbo stock small one, racing cam for a 6.0, no head studs yet no one has a set, custom pistons, and thats all i can recall right now ill put some pics of it when i get a chance to school is more important right now.

our school had us tie it down to the front tow hooks. Ok the head have been pandp, bigger valves, injectors, 71mm turbo stock small one, racing cam for a 6.0, no head studs yet no one has a set, custom pistons, and thats all i can recall right now ill put some pics of it when i get a chance to school is more important right now.

This is whats wrong with out country, our priorities are all screwed up!LOL

hay now thats not right. When i get out of here it will all about diesel stuff again.

This truck doesnt seem to be doing much of anything, not saying it doesnt have the power its just seems unusual.
My truck moves around on the dyno more than it does with less of the claimed HP.

Back