What transmission to out behind a mild built 6.7l daily.

I'm glad to here this.. For some reason I was miss informed that only ATS could do the 4r100 swap tuning and it was a PITA. I assume for the swap you just run a PSC controller and tuning is very similar to a 48re tuning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bingo.
I think the main difference is that you can lock and unlock the converter in every gear (not sure on 1st but I think so).
48re, you need a different valve body to do this.

The 4r100 is actually easier to tune given the fact you do not have to try and compensate for clutch engagement delays and such that the 48/47 have.

I have a 4r behind a 12v running a PCS controller, its stuipd easy and there is manual mode where you can set it up to up shift, down shift with a push of a button. I use cruise buttons.

Honestly I think for what you need either transmission will "work" dodge transmission will be an easier swap as no expensive adapter plates will be need.

Mike

Another vote for 47/48re. It just wins for simplicity, performance, and cost.

So lets talk 47 / 48re cost to hold 900hp vs 4R100 cost just the trans mind you.. I have not built a 4r but from what I recall it was cheaper to build?

I believe the 4R is cheaper to build. With adaptor plates it might be a toss up.

Back