Who has the best tuner for the LLY Duramax

RacinDuallie

Black Sheep Racing
Out of all the tuners who has the smack down best one on the market? Which one offers the best driveabilities?

And which ones fall way short of their projected performances?:poke: :poke:

For 6.0's eric from innovative is the man he is also good on chevys also

:poke: I'd like to know, say one goes and purchases a new Duramax Chevy...

Odds are the first item purchased for a performance upgrade would be.........
A TUNER BOX!!!

Which one is the best one out there for everyday action, and some weekend thrills if wanted???

We run EFI in Blue and Casper .
I'm running PPE in Red for the LBZ. McRat just loaded level 3 tonight.

i think TTs has some things for the lly and with there tuner they do some tranny stuff to keep from having to do as many tranny mods,ts perfromance also has a good box which works very nice...

RacinDuallie,

If you want an out of the box programmer not a custom tune it yourself etc like EFI live the Diablo Predator is the one we have had the most sales of for the 2006/07'S.

Mark @ DPPI

I'd have to agree. I ran a Hypertech for the last 2 years. Good tuner, safe, reliable power with good driveabilities. The defuel was quite pronounced though and only smoothed out when you dropped a load on the hitch.

I run a predator now and like the power. Its got great power really for a handheld tuner.

It rattles a bit when its cold though from the advanced timing and I cant say as I'm real fond of it.

Hand Held downloaders do a fine job for the masses, if you have special needs or want something custom then you need to get with a custom tuner to have your needs addressed.

Beginning November 10th Ridge Runner Diesel will begin shipping 5 tune switchable on the fly ecms.

You will have the choice of about a dozen different tunes.

Look for more info soon.

T:rockwoot: NY

VA makes an awesome tune for the LLY. PPE had its ups and downs on my truck, but I hear they have improved their tunes 10 fold since I tried one. For a daily driver, the Predator 40hp tune was my favorite. The Edge was good, until it overheated and killed the truck. That sure sucked! These are my experiences on my 05 LLY. I got the end all tuning software with my purchase of EFI last December. If you have some time to experiment, EFI is the way to go. If not, pick one. They all have there positives and negatives. You need to choose one that fits your needs. Custom tuned ECM's are another great option. The hassle of switching ECM's and postal fees concern some, but that is part of the deal. Look around. You will find something that fits your needs. As far as one being better than the other, that is all a matter of opinion. From a Hypertech to a custom made tune from Steve Cole, there is something for everyone.

The most powerful handheld bar none is the PPE Hot +2 ET. I worked with Joe and Dan at PPE testing this until we got some pretty wicked power out of it.

TTS does not have LLY race tuning last I heard.

C.A.P said:
Who cares !:kick: Whats a lly ???LOL

According to many, an overheater....

I've pushed it a thousand times loaded and I couldnt even get the fan to come on.

Who is lly? is she hot? or is she ugly? got any pics? LOL LOL

I've tried the Edge,Predator,VA180,PPE HOT2, I liked the PPE Hot2 the best out of all, but I left it on KILL daily, if you need something a little more adjustable, the edge or VA would be great. Like one said earlier, they all have their ups and downs. I currently have EFILive and by far is the best in my opinion, of course with the help of a fellow member here.;) Make your choice wisely, don't overdo it and weigh the advantages/disadvantages of each. Trust me it gets REAL expensive.

Back