Who is Big Bang Injection?

Great idea. I would love a comparison. Lets do! Bring it on gents! So how do you propose to make it fair? In agreement with all? A lot of logistics would need to be worked out. I will not mail out a set of 4’s to someone to tamper with! If someone is serious we can figure something out. We do have our own dyno to use. Bring it on and leave your BS excuses elsewhere. And indeed quality and longevity matters. We have shown and explained differences and those who truly listen and have enough upstairs to comprehend the differences. Anyone wanting more information is welcome to ask and those who actually design these CR injectors will offer input for you. Intelligent questions please!

I say get a couple trucks and say take them to a neutral site. Have one say street truck like under 800 and one over 900. Have all big injector guys bring two sets of injectors one for each truck. Let's say 120% for the lower ho truck and over 200% for the high hp truck. Strap them to the Dyno and let the fun happen.

I say get a couple trucks and say take them to a neutral site. Have one say street truck like under 800 and one over 900. Have all big injector guys bring two sets of injectors one for each truck. Let's say 120% for the lower ho truck and over 200% for the high hp truck. Strap them to the Dyno and let the fun happen.

Here's the problem I see. Tuning.

What if BBis had the same power curve as Exergy but less EGTs? Does that mean there's more available to be used in tuning? So they change the tune and BBi makes more power. Slap the Exergy back in and it'll still match the BBi but be near melting point.

Now you've changed parameters and can't say who truly "won".

Hi Brian at Smarty.

For education purposes, for an intellegent conversation starter, let's begin with "what does the term snake oil mean." Snake oil, is not anything against the actual manufacturer, because the item was obviously manufactured as was intended. Snake oil, would be when something is being presented as what it is not. Like injectors with unknown flow rates trying to be pushed off like the greatest and most innovative thing EVER, when they are selling smaller sizes at higher prices than competitors, with only one dated, and questionable comparison to use as proof. The term snake oil was first used as a "cure all" from the late 19th century U.S.A. A product was marketed as being made from snake venom, boiled down to being safe,but would cure all ailments. When tested, it was actually mineral oil. That is the common concensus on how the term Snake Oil was first termed.
I see your attempting another "winning" sales angle, with 15 posts trying to single out all those "ignorant drama queens." When a business has that much negativity, it would seem like a damn good time to listen to what the arguments are, and attempt to prove them wrong.
Lastly, if you'd like any sales tips, just let me know. I've made a few sales for supporting vendor space recently. #salesmanlyfe
Thanks
Woosley at McDonalds

Last edited:
I think that "Mr Sensitivity" on CF is a pretty nice guy, and handled things quite well considering all "Brians" excuses, smoke and mirrors, and general BS answers. If you were actually appreciated on that forum, wouldn't think that the Admins would have reversed it?

Bob Saget, I do not control any of our competition, Race Me, Edge, efi, fill in the blanks. I also have read the controversial threads you start and participate in. If you are demonizing the gentleman for his posting responses. I think you need to look at your own behavior and just grow up. I would have to agree with the man’s comments regarding your comments and those like you with childish behavior. I call it like I see it. You ARE a Drama Queen Bob. Not meant as a personal attack. Just my observation and opinion of most who read the forums you frequent.

This has nothing to do with my post you quoted. Just my observation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are mistaken my friend.

Bold? Truth! What you have and cheer for is no comparison to UDC Pro - RT. You know nothing as to what we have now and what is soon to be released.

Thank you for your comment though!

As mentioned before, this is an injector thread. Feel free to start a new thread and I will help you learn on the UDC Pro subject as well! :pop:

I have asked multiple times about data logging and UDC Pro. All I've ever heard was crickets.

And the crickets just keep on chripping into the days and nights.

What is the life expectancy, in cycles, of each of your injector products?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Brian

What makes your ex Bosch employee's any different than those that are at Exergy or S&S? They ALL were engineers working on common rail injectors at Bosch. Much of the equipment use in all places came from Bosch as well, so explain in detail why yours are better.

What is the life expectancy, in cycles, of each of your injector products?

biggy238, Thank you. Each and every injector from Big Bang Injection has the life expectancy of just over 1 billion injections. On a road vehicle that typically equates to approximately 600,000 kilometers, or 372,000 miles. I previously quoted 600,00 miles, yet I stand corrected. I misunderstood and apologize for any confusion.

Diesel Tech, Thank you.

Bosch isn't Bosch. Bosch has over 350,000 employees

There is only one lead development for commercial vehicle injectors and those are the injectors Cummins is using. Lead development is located in Linz, Austria.

There are a lot of Bosch plants outside Europe building these injectors i.e.: Curritiba Brazil, Farmingtion Hills, and in the past also Kentwood which was closed in the mid 2000's.

The engineers there know a lot about their production systems, how the manufacturing machines work, what to do if the production line has any failures. And about the quality control in the series production.

But they know very little about the product they are building, how the different parts work together. What part in the injector has which responsibility/function. How they were designed to work how they do.

What can be improved or what was done in the past to fulfill their lifetime.

What parameters influence lifetimes and function.

All that stuff is what the development does, not the production plants.

Thank you!

Forget the life expectancy, how long will they live in reality? If they are the best, you should have recorded mileage/use and actual numbers of what some of them have lasted. I don't see that kind of miles of perfect operation possible, I as well as many others have seen and experienced too many common rail injector failures with way less than 100,000 miles whether it be a mechanical failure or solenoid. Unless they are started out as a new design from scratch, that's the only way I see possible to get that sort of longevity.

Now Brian don't get your panties in a wad over my post. I as well as almost anyone that work on lot of common rails as well as compete with them will have lots of doubts that the speculations rather than facts you provide are not proven and you are making no attempts to prove any of the "answers" to questions. I am not calling your injectors junk or anything of the such, rather just questioning the info you provide that's not solid data. I just bought a set of injectors for my personal daily driver and didn't even consider your injectors because of the lack of real world data that is not shown for the extra cost.

So you are trying to say (with no proof) is that the American engineers that work for Bosch developing common rail injectors for use at GM, Ford, Cummins ect. do not know what your guys know? For the record Bosch had a fully staffed common rail development facility here and Yes, they developed and built common rail injectors and parts from scratch. So they not only know the injectors but each and every part of them and exactly how they work with one another within the injectors body! If your guys are feeding you this information then you had better open you eyes as they are feeding you a line of BS.

Bosch did close the facility, during there downsizing, and those very same development engineers start two companys Exergy and S&S. Bosch also sold much of the equipment from that facility to Exergy as well. So I think they may know just as much about common rail injectors as your guys do.

So you are trying to say (with no proof) is that the American engineers that work for Bosch developing common rail injectors for use at GM, Ford, Cummins ect. do not know what your guys know? For the record Bosch had a fully staffed common rail development facility here and Yes, they developed and built common rail injectors and parts from scratch. So they not only know the injectors but each and every part of them and exactly how they work with one another within the injectors body! If your guys are feeding you this information then you had better open you eyes as they are feeding you a line of BS.

Bosch did close the facility, during there downsizing, and those very same development engineers start two companys Exergy and S&S. Bosch also sold much of the equipment from that facility to Exergy as well. So I think they may know just as much about common rail injectors as your guys do.

HOW DARE you question any Brian @ Smarty says Diesel Tech!

Brian knows everything diesel there is to know about everything diesel. Just ask him. ;)

Forget the life expectancy, how long will they live in reality? If they are the best, you should have recorded mileage/use and actual numbers of what some of them have lasted. I don't see that kind of miles of perfect operation possible, I as well as many others have seen and experienced too many common rail injector failures with way less than 100,000 miles whether it be a mechanical failure or solenoid. Unless they are started out as a new design from scratch, that's the only way I see possible to get that sort of longevity.

Now Brian don't get your panties in a wad over my post. I as well as almost anyone that work on lot of common rails as well as compete with them will have lots of doubts that the speculations rather than facts you provide are not proven and you are making no attempts to prove any of the "answers" to questions. I am not calling your injectors junk or anything of the such, rather just questioning the info you provide that's not solid data. I just bought a set of injectors for my personal daily driver and didn't even consider your injectors because of the lack of real world data that is not shown for the extra cost.
I asked what I did to shy away from variables and establish a baseline. Obviously thermal cycling and fuel quality will degrade life expectancy, there simply is no way to account for this in practical terms.

My curiosity was somewhat touched on with what he said in his engineering post. Performance and commercial operational constraints vary. Typically "performance" equates to severe duty.

Maybe engineering level changes were made that increase longevity at X fuel rate in comparison to a stock injector.

That brings me back to my question and his blanket answer.

Each "stage" will have modifications to support its expected fuel rate, and ultimately impacts cycle time.

If I were you, I would ask about test conditions that yield 372k miles to compare to "real world" conditions. But I don't own a CR.

This whole discussion put simply- claiming the best with no real comparison data or actual use proven while their competing companies aren't being as cocky and have products out there all over being used in every environment. It's really sad to say the least.

Here's the problem I see. Tuning.

What if BBis had the same power curve as Exergy but less EGTs? Does that mean there's more available to be used in tuning? So they change the tune and BBi makes more power. Slap the Exergy back in and it'll still match the BBi but be near melting point.

Now you've changed parameters and can't say who truly "won".

DING DING DING!! the only way to control that would be to have the same tune across all CR trucks, but who's gonna do that?:ft:

Back