Why do people hate Banks?

You do realize that a diesel will develop opaque emissions before reaching stoich, right?

You should probably keep your volume level around the same as your IQ... Well below the average Comp D member.

I do. What's your point?

If you want to play it safe use Banks. I never had any problems when i had all Banks stuff.

MD-LUCKY said:
You do realize that a diesel will develop opaque emissions before reaching stoich, right?

You should probably keep your volume level around the same as your IQ... Well below the average Comp D member.

I do. What's your point?

I take it you don’t have one. You come on here and post a meaningless statement about a diesel engine developing opaque emissions before reaching stoich to what, try and look smart? Than go on to say I have a well below average IQ. Can you back up either statement? Start with walking me through the diesel combustion process in your own words, not Wikipedia’s or any other website. Or better yet, explain to me in detail why a diesel engine will develop opaque emissions before reaching a stoichiometric air to fuel mixture and how it is relevant to making peak power. You do know that peak power has nothing to do with stoich, right?

And for your second statement, back it up and let’s compare IQs. Mine came in quite high many years ago. I don’t know where it is now, but I’m guessing it is still well above yours by your statement implying that a person’s IQ has something to do with their knowledge of the diesel engine. I know many people smarter than I am that couldn’t tell you the difference between petrol and diesel engines. I don’t know where you were going by insulting my IQ other than just being a dick and trying to take anyway focus from the fact that you are ignorant when it comes to diesel engines and should probably keep your “technical revelation” posts to yourself.

After reading your insightful post, I bet all the CompD members went, “Holy sh*t, diesel engines can smoke at air/fuel ratios leaner than stoich! No f*ck’n way!”

Because

He thinks he is the Al Gore of the Diesel world.

I take it you don’t have one. You come on here and post a meaningless statement about a diesel engine developing opaque emissions before reaching stoich to what, try and look smart? Than go on to say I have a well below average IQ. Can you back up either statement? Start with walking me through the diesel combustion process in your own words, not Wikipedia’s or any other website. Or better yet, explain to me in detail why a diesel engine will develop opaque emissions before reaching a stoichiometric air to fuel mixture and how it is relevant to making peak power. You do know that peak power has nothing to do with stoich, right?

And for your second statement, back it up and let’s compare IQs. Mine came in quite high many years ago. I don’t know where it is now, but I’m guessing it is still well above yours by your statement implying that a person’s IQ has something to do with their knowledge of the diesel engine. I know many people smarter than I am that couldn’t tell you the difference between petrol and diesel engines. I don’t know where you were going by insulting my IQ other than just being a dick and trying to take anyway focus from the fact that you are ignorant when it comes to diesel engines and should probably keep your “technical revelation” posts to yourself.

After reading your insightful post, I bet all the CompD members went, “Holy sh*t, diesel engines can smoke at air/fuel ratios leaner than stoich! No f*ck’n way!”

hmmm are you the kid I stole lunch money from in grade school?????

now, where is that Rabbit with a Pancake on it's head

now, where is that Rabbit with a Pancake on it's head

Right here:

rabbit_pancake.gif

:hehe:

This HAS to be the most comical thread I've seen in a while. :pop:

Quit being a dick on CompD...this site is mostly full of dudes that dont swing your way!

It's then not than!

I would like to see one of the banks drag diesels make a 1/4 mile run without using 500 lbs. of NOS.

He thinks he is the Al Gore of the Diesel world.

100% true. But in my eyes Banks is exactly where they want to be. Though they may litter the first 4 pages of Diesel Power magazine with rediculous adds, none of what they claim is exagerated. Banks does not advertise twin CP3 kits that will provide X amount of fuel over stock or X amount of HP. They advertise "kits" or parts that simply do what they claim. We all know that you cant get a smoke free 600+ HP truck built solely with Gale Banks parts. But, they also don't advertise or claim to make X amount of HP with any of there products. They just sell stuff that works. If your building a purpose built diesel (any brand, dodge, ford, GM, drag racer, sled puller, dyno queen) we all know that Banks isnt gonna sell parts to turn 5K+ rpm with your 12V, or duramax.

I personally have never purchase or owned a Banks product. But if you ask me, they have there market cornered (wether its gramps towing his 5th wheel camper, or the dirt modified driver looking for more umph from his car hauler). In my eyes there's not a bad word to be said about Bank's, we just know that Banks is not where you spend your money for all out horse power. (although I wish they would make an intake plenum for the 12 and 24V engines that is as nice as the CR plenum they offer.)

wow I think thats the longest post Ive ever made on any forum.*bdh*

Last edited:
I would like to see one of the banks drag diesels make a 1/4 mile run without using 500 lbs. of NOS.

Exactly why we will never see a Banks built sled puller. That S10 doesn't even sound like a diesel.

Damn. Sorry I ignored this thread for a while. Well, it's probably a good thing that I did, since it appears there isn't enough room for both me and your ego to be in here at the same time.

Are we discussing peak power, as you said in this post, or are we discussing efficient power, as you said in your "smoke blowing ****tards that would starve to death if they got locked in a supermarket" post? For someone with such a high IQ and opinion of one's self, it would be helpful if you could keep your terms straight for us simpletons. We not smart hur.

If you have a secret for developing peak horsepower from a diesel engine with zero opaque emissions, I'm all ears. Let’s hear how you do it. I'm hoping we are above wikipedia definitions for internal combustion, but you can start there if you like. If it would be possible for you to dumb it down to my "smoke blowing ****tard level," that would be ever so helpful. If you want to use my crayons you are welcome to them, but I’m afraid you’ll have to pick a color other than black.. When I color in my diesel coloring book I like to use black and make big plumes of smoke behind the trucks. Makes them look like they are going faster. I also put banks stickers on the sides… You know… For the kids.

Hey, can I have yer crayons after you are done with them??

I am even willing to even pay for them....with dieselfan12's lunch money of course...

Exactly why we will never see a Banks built sled puller. That S10 doesn't even sound like a diesel.

haha I've used his truck as an example of an anomally when comparing exhaust noise level in diesel versus gas. My guess - it's flowing a fuuukc-ton of air!

Back