Why is my truck cutting fuel??? HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

dont guess i noticed that. but surely if it was comming on it would throw a code.

After sleeping on this problem this morning i remembered that it was also puffing smoke like in the video with the edge but not as bad as it is now. I am 99% sure something is wrong with the truck and what ever the quad is controlling its makeing it works. If what ever is wrong was fixed then the quad wouldnt do this.

Could it be the over sized tubes???

I'm wondering if the tubes are starving something for fuel. I've always said that tubes suck.

459hp.JPG

565hp.JPG

the first graph is with edge/smarty GSD 64/14, 10holes with lift, head work, HMR cam, oversized tubes, HRVP44

The second graph was with edge/smarty Silver 64/14, 10holes with lift, headwork, HMR cam, oversized tubes, HRVP44 and a new map sensor.

Both dyno runs show sputtering on the graph. Its not a steady curve. The graph with the ADR and 11holes is very smooth. But the Adr is only doing this when letting the truck free wheel and high rpms. So when i dynoed it i didnt let the truck see more than 3500rpms.

There is something going on here other than the ADR. Its been doing this for a while now.

mine does this also at about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle when it is wound out!!

A bit of a wave in the curves is normal if the smoothing isn't turned on. Its on the upper right hand corner of the second graph, but I can't make it out from here =\ (0 = off) There is definitely something going on around 3k rpms in the second graph =\

We have a 2000 with a HotRod VP and an Adrenaline and it does the same exact thing. It is the programming of the Adrenaline. I would try getting a different program off Quads website and see if it helps.

We have a 2000 with a HotRod VP and an Adrenaline and it does the same exact thing. It is the programming of the Adrenaline. I would try getting a different program off Quads website and see if it helps.

I have tired 5 or 6 different tunes and they all do it. some not as bad.

Thats what we have found as well. The one we have on it now does it really bad but we get the best power with it. It is the box that makes it do it though and it is only with HRVP pumps. We have an Adrenaline on a SO pump truck and it doesn't do it.

Quad sent me a program that he set up trying to get rid of it. It fuels like a beast but as soon as you let the truck tach out to 3600rpms it shutters like crazy and when your just letting it free wheel. I made 590hp with a single and the quad i love it but dang it would be nice to get this fixed.

However the edge also did this cutting out in the past but not as bad. Do you think the oversized tubes have anything to do with it???

Quad sent me a program that he set up trying to get rid of it. It fuels like a beast but as soon as you let the truck tach out to 3600rpms it shutters like crazy and when your just letting it free wheel. I made 590hp with a single and the quad i love it but dang it would be nice to get this fixed.

However the edge also did this cutting out in the past but not as bad. Do you think the oversized tubes have anything to do with it???

What file was that??

It could be the tubes. Ours doesn't do it on the number 1 or 2 setting so that is where we run it around town. Only turn it up when we need to do a little racing. *nx*

I just downloaded a HRVP44 program from quad. Went out to the strip and ran the crap out of my truck. As soon as the turbo lights up the truck died. Rolled to a stop and tried to start it up nothing. Bumped the fass and let it run then it fired right up. What the heck is the deal with this???

What about your TPS? mine cut out and it did the same thing, it sat there and sputtered kinda like yours does in the video. But i never got dead pedal like, when I put it to the floor nothing would happen. It just cut out

Back