Window tint?

Willy91

Howdy folks,
I'm getting the windows on my truck tinted on friday, but I'm having some problems figuring out what shade I want them. I'm basically wanting to get it to the point that you can't see into the truck very well at all, but I don't want to get it so dark that it makes it real hard at dark. Right now I'm marked down for 15%, but I was thinking about maybe getting it down to 10%. What do you's think?

Thanks,
Willy

ive got 10 on my truck and i was going to do 5 like my car, but its such a pain to see outa the truck anyways i figure the lighter the better, don't go less than 10 if your worried about vision, 15 won't block people from seeing in but its close enough..

If you can keep it clean "All the time" I might go with 15 but something in the 20's is probably better. Look for something reflective..........

isnt any window behind the driver seat you can put anything you want, it is in california and they have the worst auto laws out there... but front side windows need to be 70% or less tint.. not that i've ever had a vehicle with anything lower than 15% on my sides....

Massachusetts
Front Side Windows Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Back Side Windows Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Rear Window Must allow more than 35% of light in.

How light is 35%?

35% to me is like non existent. I have limo all the way around including the windshield and I love it. Ive never heard of 10% nor 15. theres midnight limo which is 2.5, limo 5, 20, 35, 50 and probably some higher stuff. Ryan

In Wisconsin they can fine you 2 points an 175.00. Check your local laws. There are some officers that look just for vehicle violations.

welp folks I talked to the body shop and it looks like I'm going with 5%, legal limit here is 30%:rules: ...... oh well

blackandstacked said:
Better check youre local tint laws also. If you break the they can make you remove the tint on the side of the road.
LOL, since when?

They cant make you remove anything off the vehicle on scene, you get a ticket to go fix the problem on your own. I have yet to ever hear of a cop tossing you a razorblade and making you peel off your tint while pulled over...

Pooter said:
LOL, since when?

They cant make you remove anything off the vehicle on scene, you get a ticket to go fix the problem on your own. I have yet to ever hear of a cop tossing you a razorblade and making you peel off your tint while pulled over...
I agree.

I had 5% years ago on my chevy gasser I had. It took some getting used to at night. Soon I will do my ram, likely in 5% again. They just passed the seat belt law for trucks (it used to be cars only) and sometimes I don't want to wear my damn seat belt. I don't think the government should be able to tell you that you have to wear your seat belt. It does not endanger other drivers on the road like driving under the influence or something like that. Jerks.

The officer made my buddies wife tear her tint off the two front windows on I-294 about a year ago.
I just got pulled over for speeding (8 mph over), and the officer told me that my tint on the front windows was illegal and he wanted me to take it off right on the spot. I aked him if he had any kind of a law in writing telling me that I had to do it on the spot. He kind of bumbled around in his car, and came back and gave me a warning. He said he didnt have time to look for the laws.
I know in Illinois its illegal to have the front side windows done, but all they can do is fine you the first 3 times then it has to be removed.
He also said my exhaust was illegal 4" turboback. I asked him if he even realized it was a diesel, and he said no. Then he tells me its ok on a diesel.
He was just knitpicking.

I have had limo on every vehical I have ever owned, now all of a sudden in the last 2 months I have gotten three $275 tickets.:bang

I havent ever gotten tickets before, I geuss they are starting to crack down.:rules:

Pooter said:
LOL, since when?

I was given a choice....$186 ticket or peel the two fronts off.....but I have two layers of 5% too...I took the ticket, then got it fixed...:eek:wned:

some pics of the tint, sorry for the crappy quality.

DSC00067.jpg

DSC00069.jpg

Back