Work in progress

Looks great mitch!!!!!!!!!!!! You could always get he command center console that fits over the cheetah shifter so you don't have to cut up that pretty new dash.

Turbo Action 70250 - Turbo Action Command Center - Summit Racing Equipment

The switch panel is already in as of today Pete. I like it more than the console SCS offers.
Cool build Mitch, the patches are priceless ha! Still going to try that 478?

Sure am Nick, just deciding on turbine size. Leaning toward the 87.
Looks good.

Is it just me or is your hood stack getting a head starts moving forward before your truck...../.....LOL

Its a performance advantage.....
That's just for mock up. Its leaning with the hood, but when its finally mounted it will be straight and level.
You could do a vinyl wrap over it. 3m makes some vinyl that's pretty easy to work with. I don't know if a dash mat belongs on a race truck.

Race trucks can be plush and cozy too JPLOL
I'll look into the vinyl, I'm gonna check out some carpet used for subwoofer enclosures tommorrow. Whatever I use it's got to be non reflective. Black seems to be the best color so far. And after looking at some NASCAR interiors it seems like good old flat black is what the pro's use.

Last edited:
A little bird told me the 87 would be the way to go atleast to try it. I say go for it!

uthose little birds are everywhere these days! I had one try to sell me crack in front of the liquor store the other day!

I think the 87 would be good for a competition truck, I don't drive the thing so why not?

uthose little birds are everywhere these days! I had one try to sell me crack in front of the liquor store the other day!

I think the 87 would be good for a competition truck, I don't drive the thing so why not?

Remember, crack kills!

In all seriousness I agree, go for it!

You could do a vinyl wrap over it. 3m makes some vinyl that's pretty easy to work with. I don't know if a dash mat belongs on a race truck.

If young Mitch is a grandpa, a dash mat is the perfect addition.

FYI, my 98' Daily Driver came with a dash mat and now that I'm used to it, it's gonna stay right where it is. I still get a grandpa joke now and then, even though I'm not quite 30.

If young Mitch is a grandpa, a dash mat is the perfect addition.

FYI, my 98' Daily Driver came with a dash mat and now that I'm used to it, it's gonna stay right where it is. I still get a grandpa joke now and then, even though I'm not quite 30.

001.jpg

Thats my daily driver. I get the grandpa jokes all the time tooLOL

Got a couple more little things taken care of. I painted the top of the dash to cut the glare, which did not work at all. So theres $15 down the drain for the paint and tape, oh well. Got some black carpet from the audio store in town and made my dash mat, worked beautifully. Plus the dash does not get nearly as hot. Got the two lights for lockup and overdrive installed, along with my fan to help keep somewhat cool in the cab. Also got the bracket made which fits in the headlights old spot for the intake. Alternator is out being turned into a one wire and the sending units for oil pressure and water temp are in. Pics....

0072.jpg

0103.jpg

0113.jpg

0093.jpg

0053.jpg

You should put a street 90* elbow on the oil filter housing to get your sender away from the exhaust manifold

Didn't even think about that, just seen others put it the same way I did. I don't know if a street would be tall enough to clear when the big sender is threaded into it. Maybe a nipple with a coupler could get it far enough from the oil filter housing. I will look into it today. Will heat affect the sending unit?

Back