world finals results

they are both good and both bad. You have to set your race vehicle up different for both. By that i mean a vehicle that is good in the 1/8 is probably not going to be outstanding in the 1/4 and vice versa. No matter what distance you run, you want your engine to be at its peak at the end, nothing left in the tank. Guys that run 1/8 will have crazy low gearing, will generally find the weakness in the track for traction easier. But they will hit a lower top speed by the end of the race. A 1/4 miler will launch slightly softer (due to gearing) but will find the weakness in the track farther down. Also they will have a higher top end, again due to gearing (and distance) the argument that you have to be tougher on the tree in 1/8 over 1/4 does not hold water either, it is equal that way. You are still racing against a guy, and if you cant cut a light, you will probably lose anyways.

As for the pulling to and from the line, does it really matter? I think that the fans really just want to see these guys run, they are exciting. If it helps them live to make passes, what the heck.

max'ed outs best is about a half second off of smiths truck, and been like that all year, not much comparison. so i wouldent waste my time arguing about it.

1/8 mile to 1/4 mile, is simple.

As a general rule.

1/4 mile

(1) is for guys that cant run fast in the 1/8 with out mystakes.
(2) cant build a truck that accelerates/builds boost fast enough for 1/8 racing
(3) Are not very good drivers, and get tree'ed
(4) dont tear up parts cause they make less power
(5) Dont care about there saftey on the big end.

1/8 mile

(1) is for REAL racers, we hit the tree on time, Race ready when the light bulb turns on, no coffey and donuts at the start line here!
(2) want to tear up half the parts
(3) want to be safer.
(4) have engines that accelerate very fast
(5) drive well enough to go fast with out mystakes

Talk to most fans in the stands , unless your running low 6's or high 5's in the 1/4 they dont want to see it!

Now 1/8 mile racing is much tighter and very fast, fans like it better, and the programe goes a lot faster.

One other thing look at the percentage of tracks that have gone from 1/4 to 1/8 in the last 5 years...... it's over 50% now! Better get your panties unwadded and get used to 1/8 mile!:lolly:

Wade that is a good post for you, fewer miss spelled words than usual and only a few punctuation errors. That pretty good considering you typed it with your head up your ass.

The Prostock guys want to race 1/8 mile due to less carnage period. Your statement about the fans is totally off. Ask and they will tell you they like 1/4 mile much better. We did a pole on it last year when we were discussing it and 1/4 racing won by a large margin. 1/8 mile might make the program a little quicker but not much. If they kept the dodges off the track there would be many fewer oil downs that is for sure.

As far as your stats on going from 1/4 mile to 1/8 being over 50% in the last 5 years, you will have to show me your reference. If there are tracks going to 1/8 mile I be willing to bet it's due to cost and maintenance not because it's what the fans want.

Also you are correct that the Smith truck is way faster than anything we have posted, and it will continue to be that way due to us wanting to run both classes in NHRDA. But they have to beat us down the track first and I think that may be a little more difficult than you think.

Hey Ken,, I think you should proof read yours,, especially when you are making fun of another fellows spelling and punctuation.. I believe that it would be a poll,, not a pole,, unless you are still doing ugly chicks,,, LMAO

Jason (JQmile), glad to hear you will be covering it. Tell your boss you want to go next year!

I race 1/8-mile every week. I think bracket racing 1/8-mile makes you a better bracket racer, you get better at making split-second decisions at the top end. Our local track is almost always near the top of the division ET finals. FWIW, the ET finals tends to favor the home track (who usually wins it). PIR does not get to host the ET finals due to noise restrictions, but we almost always finish in the top 3. That said, for heads-up classes I like 1/4-mile. I'm sure the promoters like being able to advertise the big speeds as well. If Topeka were 1/8-mile, we would have been Pro-Stock champion despite sneezing the charger!

World Champion video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/user/NHRDA?feature=mhum#p/u/0/z8rfRA4l-Fs"]http://www.youtube.com/user/NHRDA?feature=mhum#p/u/0/z8rfRA4l-Fs[/ame]

Wade that is a good post for you, fewer miss spelled words than usual and only a few punctuation errors. That pretty good considering you typed it with your head up your ass.

The Prostock guys want to race 1/8 mile due to less carnage period. Your statement about the fans is totally off. Ask and they will tell you they like 1/4 mile much better. We did a pole on it last year when we were discussing it and 1/4 racing won by a large margin. 1/8 mile might make the program a little quicker but not much. If they kept the DURAMELTS off the track there would be many fewer oil downs that is for sure.

As far as your stats on going from 1/4 mile to 1/8 being over 50% in the last 5 years, you will have to show me your reference. If there are tracks going to 1/8 mile I be willing to bet it's due to cost and maintenance not because it's what the fans want.
Also you are correct that the Smith truck is way faster than anything we have posted, and it will continue to be that way due to us wanting to run both classes in NHRDA. But they have to beat us down the track first and I think that may be a little more difficult than you think.

Fixed it for you Ken!LOL

Hey Ken,, I think you should proof read yours,, especially when you are making fun of another fellows spelling and punctuation.. I believe that it would be a poll,, not a pole,, unless you are still doing ugly chicks,,, LMAO

OOPS got me.:eek: :D

Pretty cool video. Better ck who oiled down the track, and it wasn't a dmax. Anyway all in good fun, the event was good hope it's better next year. Big thanks to the NHRDA crew for doing a great job under less and ideal circumstances. Hope 2011 is even better. Really hope some more of the top prostreet trucks from the midwest and east decide to run in some NHRDA events next year. Hats off to the Smitty crew for going back to back weekends from Georgia to Kansas. Dale and Seth are still #1 in my book.

Hope we make it back, and yes we'll still run both classes if qualified, and yes I'll still tell the towed trucks that real trucks don't need to be towed to the line, as Wade said, get use to it. Take care and all of you have a great winter and hope to see all of you again next year if I'm still kicking. Will some of you in Florida in late Feb for sure.

Pretty cool video. Better ck who oiled down the track, and it wasn't a dmax. Anyway all in good fun, the event was good hope it's better next year. Big thanks to the NHRDA crew for doing a great job under less and ideal circumstances. Hope 2011 is even better. Really hope some more of the top prostreet trucks from the midwest and east decide to run in some NHRDA events next year. Hats off to the Smitty crew for going back to back weekends from Georgia to Kansas. Dale and Seth are still #1 in my book.

Hope we make it back, and yes we'll still run both classes if qualified, and yes I'll still tell the towed trucks that real trucks don't need to be towed to the line, as Wade said, get use to it. Take care and all of you have a great winter and hope to see all of you again next year if I'm still kicking. Will some of you in Florida in late Feb for sure.

Glad you did not take it personal, it's just raceing...at least we all agree diesel is better!LOL

Michael, you know the faster car never pushes the tree. Ken, does it really matter how you get to the starting line as long as your there. They dont give trophys to the guy at the head of the staging lanes. Probably safer to tow, for the fans in pro mod you dont have a good view, drove mine back after 6.40 pass at 214 at a test and tune: no crowd to worry about plus mom and dad, wife & kids have fun doing it, its part of the show.Just my opinion: does not matter. A bad day at the track is better than a good day at work.

Michael, you know the faster car never pushes the tree. Ken, does it really matter how you get to the starting line as long as your there. They dont give trophys to the guy at the head of the staging lanes. Probably safer to tow, for the fans in pro mod you dont have a good view, drove mine back after 6.40 pass at 214 at a test and tune: no crowd to worry about plus mom and dad, wife & kids have fun doing it, its part of the show.Just my opinion: does not matter. A bad day at the track is better than a good day at work.

Chad,
Good point, I know how you like to cut a light just good enough to win (and make it a better show for the crowd)! I'm sure if it was 1/8-mile you would have cut just enough better of a light to ensure a win! I was just throwing out a "trivia fact" for the 1/8-versus-1/4 discussion without thinking too much about it!

BTW - thanks so much for waiting for us to get fixed, both in the semis and final! For those of you who don't know Chad, he is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, and will go out of his way to ensure a fair race and a good show for the crowd. When we were trying to get the truck running for the semis, Chad offered to wait in the pits until we were ready (he was in the other pair but figured we had a better chance if neither pair could be run). That proved to be a moot point since the Banks crew offered to wait as well, and Chad had to wait for us to cool the transmission for the finals.

About towing - if anyone has ever seen me coming through the crowded pits in DirtyMax, I must look like I'm trying to watch a tennis match, as I bob my head side to side trying to make sure to see around both sides of the huge hood scoop. I see your point that it would be safer to tow for cars with inhibited visibility.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Chad,
Good point, I know how you like to cut a light just good enough to win (and make it a better show for the crowd)! I'm sure if it was 1/8-mile you would have cut just enough better of a light to ensure a win! I was just throwing out a "trivia fact" for the 1/8-versus-1/4 discussion without thinking too much about it!

BTW - thanks so much for waiting for us to get fixed, both in the semis and final! For those of you who don't know Chad, he is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, and will go out of his way to ensure a fair race and a good show for the crowd. When we were trying to get the truck running for the semis, Chad offered to wait in the pits until we were ready (he was in the other pair but figured we had a better chance if neither pair could be run). That proved to be a moot point since the Banks crew offered to wait as well, and Chad had to wait for us to cool the transmission for the finals.

About towing - if anyone has ever seen me coming through the crowded pits in DirtyMax, I must look like I'm trying to watch a tennis match, as I bob my head side to side trying to make sure to see around both sides of the huge hood scoop. I see your point that it would be safer to tow for cars with inhibited visibility.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

My son and I met Chad and his dad in the pits on Sat. We talked for a good while and it started to rain so we probably overstayed our welcome LOL but they were two of the most genuinely nice I've met. Chad was very helpful with ideas and has two of the nicest rides any one guy could want.

The same goes for Mike P. very nice guy. Mike we talked to you Sun. morning in the pits, we were in the red mega cab.

We went over to the Banks crew a couple of times. We wanted to meet Wes and the other guys. We have heard how great of bunch of guys they are. We met alot of the crew but Wes was someplace else both times we were there. All the guys were we met were nice and informative about the truck. Wes, maybe next time.

Well I certainly can't disagree about driving in the pits. I think some of the gassers are the absolute worst, especially in Boise, you had better be on your toes when you walk through the pits, or they will run you down. Probably a good thing they are so loud you can usually hear them coming. OK you guys win, I'll never mention towed trucks in Prostreet again.

I have the best job in the world. it just shows how much i like to be at the track with my family big vacation.

Chad,

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I think everyone in pro stock was needing some help both days. We had issues and seemed like most the time we got in line with everyone else except when u picked up ur staple. Glad ya'll got that fixed too. I know we werent in too big a hurry to make any passes just sat around watching the clouds lol

It was great shooting the shat with you, brad, chad, wes and matt in the "rain" saturday. Got some pointers from ya'll and look forward seeing you guys next year too. Can't really ask for a better group to run with even if we're behind the pack.

Still have to thank chad for making our elim pass look good for us. And he is right, id rather be at the drag strip or a sled event than be at work, alot more fun and a ton better group of people at both. Even better when you can share the fun with friends and family.

Chad watching you drive that thing, you have to love it, it scares the crap out of me just watching you.:bow::clap:

chad witch car went 6.40 at 214.. By the way i have always loved watching your ride!!

Back