world finals results

Yeah, I know (although I was hoping I just missed all of the photogs). In other words I was kinda disappointed in all of the major diesel magazines for not sending someone to cover the event. I guess they could be planning to use Denny's photos and do their own write-up?

WOW, no diesel magazines? thats pretty lame in my mind! What the hell are they doing, if they cant cover an event of this size...... pretty sad

No lifted, fancy paint, advertiser product loaded, exaggerated HP, 24" rim trucks to photo shoot, so why would they come?

While ESPN would have been great, did anyone see any photogs from the major diesel magazines?

Oh so you mean there wasn't enough lifted trucks with 20's and pimping RBP stickers yo? I never saw any of them either. But I did get a email from a guy at Hot Rod. Stupid azz diesel mags.

We are doing something on the event, just so you guys know. Nice to see everyone jumping to conclusions though ;)

Last edited:
Jason, how come your mag didnt send you? Isnt it better to have the info first hand? I know it is good when we see you up in Edmonton, so I am sure it would be good for them to have you in Topeka... just wondering is all

Originally Posted by TravisG:
Maybe they should just take street out of the name and change it to "Pro what the "F" does it matter how it gets to the line" Travis let's call them Pro Tow, we'll have a little handicap sticker on the window and a little red flag on the tow cart like they do for the geezer golfer's carts so they can drive anywhere they want. It's not keeping in the spirit of what I and many others who will not speak up because they might offend anyone believe should be allowed in diesel truck drag racing at this level anyway. But I don't like 1/8 mile racing either, and most of these trucks prefer it.
Ken, we'll just use the handicapped placard hanging from your rear view mirror.

Maybe they should just take street out of the name and change it to "Pro what the "F" does it matter how it gets to the line" Travis let's call them Pro Tow, we'll have a little handicap sticker on the window and a little red flag on the tow cart like they do for the geezer golfer's carts so they can drive anywhere they want. It's not keeping in the spirit of what I and many others who will not speak up because they might offend anyone believe should be allowed in diesel truck drag racing at this level anyway. But I don't like 1/8 mile racing either, and most of these trucks prefer it.
Ken, we'll just use the handicapped placard hanging from your rear view mirror.

When I get one I'll be sure to rent it out to you guys. :D

When I get one I'll be sure to rent it out to you guys. :D

Well your senility seems to be showing tonight. Looks like there is already one in the window!

subman-1.jpg

That's why your truck doesn't need pulled to the line you get always get the closest parking spots!LOL

Your pretty good, that looks more like a rear view mirror to see the dinosaur I just squashed.

Travis let's call them Pro Tow, we'll have a little handicap sticker on the window and a little red flag on the tow cart like they do for the geezer golfer's carts so they can drive anywhere they want. It's not keeping in the spirit of what I and many others who will not speak up because they might offend anyone believe should be allowed in diesel truck drag racing at this level anyway. But I don't like 1/8 mile racing either, and most of these trucks prefer it.
Call it whatever you want. Many others? I talked to a bunch of guys I didn't hear anybody say anything. I think the only reason pro-street ran 1/8 mile this year at a few tracks was because the back half would have been on dirt.

We'll you got me there, Any tuning done to Max'd Out is done long before it hits the line. As I said I don't care if they use ether to start the truck, with compression as low as they are running doubt it would start on it's own anyway. Have no idea about your comment on anytime we come close to lining up with a dinosaur I start whining. Hell we never have line up against one yet that I can remember at least one that was competitive. Would have loved to run Smitty but it wasn't in the cards.
I've been trying to get that damn EFI live to work on my dinosaur but I can't figure out where to plug it in at.

Your entitled to your opinion as am I. I think it's an asshole move on your part.

As I said earlier Travis that's fine, but it doesn't change my opinion on towing a street truck to the line or back from the turnoff if it isn't broken. I don't like it and will continue to state it. If you tow your to the line I'll probably tell you the same thing.
I wouldn't expect anything else from you and "everyone" else.

No lifted, fancy paint, advertiser product loaded, exaggerated HP, 24" rim trucks to photo shoot, so why would they come?
True 'dat homey.

Your pretty good, that looks more like a rear view mirror to see the dinosaur I just squashed.
I thought you had never lined up against a dinosaur that was competitive?

Not that my opinion matters....But.

max'ed outs best is about a half second off of smiths truck, and been like that all year, not much comparison. so i wouldent waste my time arguing about it.

1/8 mile to 1/4 mile, is simple.

As a general rule.

1/4 mile

(1) is for guys that cant run fast in the 1/8 with out mystakes.
(2) cant build a truck that accelerates/builds boost fast enough for 1/8 racing
(3) Are not very good drivers, and get tree'ed
(4) dont tear up parts cause they make less power
(5) Dont care about there saftey on the big end.

1/8 mile

(1) is for REAL racers, we hit the tree on time, Race ready when the light bulb turns on, no coffey and donuts at the start line here!
(2) want to tear up half the parts
(3) want to be safer.
(4) have engines that accelerate very fast
(5) drive well enough to go fast with out mystakes

Talk to most fans in the stands , unless your running low 6's or high 5's in the 1/4 they dont want to see it!

Now 1/8 mile racing is much tighter and very fast, fans like it better, and the programe goes a lot faster.

One other thing look at the percentage of tracks that have gone from 1/4 to 1/8 in the last 5 years...... it's over 50% now! Better get your panties unwadded and get used to 1/8 mile!:lolly:

Wade you may own the most ignorant post of the year thanks for your input. It's preference, top fuel?

Wade you may own the most ignorant post of the year thanks for your input. It's preference, top fuel?

It was mainly posted as a good stir the pot type of post, nothing personal. Heck i race both 1/4 and 1/8, but what i posted is exactly what other people will say!

But if you really stop to think about it, alot of it is true.

1/4 mile is the only drag race as far as I'm concerned. However high 3 sec passes in the 1/8 on a skinny tire is bad ass to watch!

I would think that 1/8 mile drags are for people that cant build a race truck that can hold together for a 1/4 mile race. But i dont race so what do i know.

Back