Y does everyone hate p pump first gens???

True statement.

And to add..........I actually made 400+ on $370........if you don't consider the studs and o rings. Kind of important to keep the head on.

True statement.

And to add..........I actually made 400+ on $370........if you don't consider the studs and o rings. Kind of important to keep the head on.

I thought you first gen guys were frugal, why are you wasting money on studs and o-rings for a 450 HP truck?

Because ve pumps are hard on head gaskets..........why you ask? Because it takes stupid, and I do mean stupid amounts of timing to make such little power.

And trust me, I didn't buy this stuff a head of time......it was after I blew the gasket..........twice.

:welcome: to the big leagues RC

If my VE were to die on me, I'd have a P pump lined up tomorrow mainly for stupid reasons, i.e. Bosch is currently back ordered on VE reseal kits. That's the stupid things that annoy me about 1st gens. They're getting hard to find parts for. I'd just eliminate one weak link.

And I'd still be happy with under 300 hp :lolly:

it's mostly because 1st gen owners tend to be broke-dicks who can't afford to build something like that, so they cling to the purity of their underpowered junk :eek:

LOL :Cheer:

It may be broke but at least it isn't small enough to make me think I need a $65k Ford to get around. :poke:

Sorry, I got here late.

And for the record............I'm not against p pumps. When I blow up the engine..........I just may go all out with a p pump build.......maybe.

But for now, a ve makes enough power for anything a vehicle actually needs.

IMO I think a lot of ve guys don't like the p pumped 1st gens, because once a ve truck gets p pumped...... that person usually (almost always) turns his back on the 1st gen crowd and has a "I'm a big boy and have a p pump and you're a nobody" attitude.

It's always cool to do more with less. I've seen 280rwhp with a non I/c ve by maxing the fuel screw, they're the easiest to get a little more power out of. I'm a VP guy so I guess I commiserate with their struggle for hp lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

I have created a hostile thread not my intentions!!! I just love the look of my truck I hate the pump for trying to make serious power, but I don't put people down for sticking to there ve roots, I've gone 14.45 w my ve stock auto and 5600lbs not too bad I guess but no where near a fast ve, I like my 1st gens, and 12 valves, just rather have mine p pumped :)

I have created a hostile thread not my intentions!!! I just love the look of my truck I hate the pump for trying to make serious power, but I don't put people down for sticking to there ve roots, I've gone 14.45 w my ve stock auto and 5600lbs not too bad I guess but no where near a fast ve, I like my 1st gens, and 12 valves, just rather have mine p pumped :)

I see no hostilities, just some ribbing. Its all good:Cheer:

I can break drive train parts at will with a VE, why would I need more, I rarely put the skinny in the carpet anyhow.....:evil.....I'm taking about the truck, not the bedroom.:hehe:

I loved my ve for daily driving, I click of the key and it started and it wasn't touchy on the go pedal. BUT, I got used to how touchy it is and I love it now!!! I was at the power level of my ve with just pump mods! The only problem I have with the p pump is my wife can't drive it anymore... if you call that a problem:p

John

Bdbxhxjdj

Guys that hate ppump 1st gens are butthurt because :

1. They cant break 400hp
2. They are cheap basards in the 1st place
3. They realized there they pissed away x amount of money on a 400hp setup
4. Since they own a ve its the baddest thing on the planet
5. They are douche bags in general

Guys that hate ppump 1st gens are butthurt because :

1. They cant break 400hp
2. They are cheap basards in the 1st place
3. They realized there they pissed away x amount of money on a 400hp setup