01 P Pump Build

87441a76c8976569f1ed7078e1a760e9.jpg

Last edited:
Where did you get the oil pan studs/nuts?
Thread length & size. P/n if you have it. That looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you get the oil pan studs/nuts?
Thread length & size. P/n if you have it. That looks great.

There on eBay lol sounds dumb but it's good stuff. Go on eBay and search cummins 24valve oil pan stud kit

f7882a0b7835868ff69108579cc23100.jpg
here's another pic sorry still waiting on motor parts

Guys need help!!!! Put crank in, torqued main studs down to first step 48ft/lbs went from center out as directed. Crank won't move!!!! Back the nuts off crank moves tightened middle cap just to see what happened torqued just one cap middle cap to 48 and it will not move. Std bearings with polydyn coating on them and stock non polished crank fully balanced from haisley machine

Did you mic the bores with the studs?

Def want to check cap direction, try checking clearances with t gauges and mics

I didn't even think of that.. I bet there facing the wrong way which way do they go I went lettering in

We'll I found out I put the caps on the wrong direction and now all my allignment pins on the bottom of the caps are bent sideways now what

2a7fa96781864bd07340768de54c5d30.jpg
we'll this sucks.. Anyone have a link to buy new ones

At least u didn't crack a cap! When I build an engine I spin the crank after each torque on a cap. That way u know if u have a prob and what cylinder it is

At least u didn't crack a cap! When I build an engine I spin the crank after each torque on a cap. That way u know if u have a prob and what cylinder it is

Ya I pretty sad at the moment lol.. But you're right it could have been worse. Where can I find new pins

I'm sure u can pick them up at cummins, I can try to get a part number for u but it may be a bit I'm putting a rear seal in a 7.3 today

Back